MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

And now, please, somebody have the courage to pop one open. I must know if they really have changed away from Ares internals, as especially their motor the that pictures have shown to date, is absolute rubbish. :)

Once I find a place with one in stock and have one in my hands, I will do just that, with lots of luverly high-res pictars and lots of data to digest.

Can someone please tell me is the FDE is actually IN STOCK at ehobby? Or point me to another HK place that is reputable that is actually IN STOCK of the FDE version(most I've seen say out of stock, in stock/pre-order, or now, or some combination=frustration and confusion), and not UNCompany because their website is horrible and takes 50 billion hours to load.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

UnCo's website is iffy. On IE8, it takes forever. Firefox- a little less time. Safari- hardly any time at all

I think sites are slowly getting their stock replenished, because you can bet the entire first batch was all pre-orders.

Edit- I say go with AirsoftGlobal or eHobby (free MVG!)

Edited by BrooklynBorn

Yup, after I was playing with the black pre-pro one I knew that if the finish on the metal in FDE was the same as that it would be very nice.

Erm, I think you have to out the selectors to fully auto before re-inserting the gearbox - can't remember it was something like that though!

Hmmm... I'll give that a try.

*$*%* #($( @& !$!%@ uuggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'M TOO POOR FOR THIS, USMC!

For the first time I was actually looking forward to PTS taking some time before the release of the accessories so I could save up dough. *sigh* Looks like I'll be working some doubles. That 7.62 lower is just too sexy to pass up.

You don't HAVE to buy the accessories. ;) The modularity of this gun is pretty wicked though. I was swapping parts around like crazy last night.

Hmmm... I'll give that a try.

You don't HAVE to buy the accessories. ;) The modularity of this gun is pretty wicked though. I was swapping parts around like crazy last night.

Dude. I'm totally burning in jealousy right now. Lucky, lucky, lucky! P.S.: Doubly so since you're going to a carbine class! XD

Being all serious, when you have time, could you give us an idea of how big of a battery we can fit into the polymer handguard - like a 9.6v mini (candybar shape?).

Also, do you have any word from PTS that you can say on when the 18" barrel will be out? Thanks!

Sorry. While I have the details of that and more I can't share it at this time. Partly because of an NDA, and partly because I don't want to get burned when/if the details and timeline for releases change like the last time. But consider this: the biggest hurdle for the PTS ACR's release was the ACR itself. Now that that is done, producing the accessories will take far less time, and as you can see from what I have in hand ... apparently not far off from being released seeing as mine were finished production pieces. ;)

UNCo's website has been known to have malicious code like trojans on it, and its slow as balls for me on safari, opera and firefox(maybe it just won't make friends with Macs). As such, I decided to go with eHobby. Order sent/paid for, hopefully it'll turn up by next tuesday, because I'm off to the land of grizzly bears and Sarah Palin for 2 weeks after that.

Also got one of them Dytac KAC mount T1s. Hopefully mine won't be *suitcase*/nonworking, because returning stuff to HK is a *badgeress*!

Long as I get these items before Senior year starts, I'll get some decent review in.

Edited by Vercingetorix

haha I know. But to me it's kind of like buying a Mercedes, but not having the beautiful leather seats put in, ya know? Like, if I'm GOING to buy a Masada, might as well reaaalllyyy make it a Masada smile.gif.

And if that's not a good enough reason, then at the end of the day it's just bad@$$ to have it lol

uscmCorps, what's on the CD?

eHobby wrote "more surprise inside CD" :huh:

I'd also like to know this, and if anyone could rip the contents of the CD and upload them?

Thanks

Also, here's another unboxing video. Apparently it includes a matching MOE foregrip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yTweBvvkA

Edited by Surfaced

I'd also like to know this, and if anyone could rip the contents of the CD and upload them?

Thanks

Also, here's another unboxing video. Apparently it includes a matching MOE foregrip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7yTweBvvkA

Some websites included a MOE foregrip if you pre-ordered.

Actually got mine on Friday from Ehobby (Serial No 765) i will take some pics if i can. The funny thing is i got a hard time from the local techs who told me that my gearbox would explode and my micro-switch was going to fail because quote "Ares made it" (also they seemed to love the word proprietary) really put me off and ruined my skirmishing mood :angry: . but the only problem i seemed to have is if the selector was moved to a point between auto and semi it would not fire on semi until some shots were fired on auto, other than that no problems so far! and the cd had the manual and some iphone wallpapers and AOTTC previews on it to answer your question

Edited by Carceroth

I got mine today also, and I thought I´d share some of my first impressions, although they don´t differ much from what has been said before.

The rifle feels rock solid, heavier than I expected. The plastic feels durable and solid. Actually, the gun feels like it is of a higher quality and more solid than the Ak 5 (FN FNC clone) I had during military service.

The upper receiver matches the lower perfectly, as said before (mine is FDE by the way). The mix of gun metal barrel, gray gas block and black flash hider is gorgeous to look at. The fake gas selector just wants to be twisted. It´s beautiful. I have only one small minus regarding the finish. On my sample the paint hadn´t reached the recesses of the markings completely, thus leaving a slight shine there. Visible only form a close distance, so it´s of no concern cosmetically, but it makes me wonder on the durability of the paintjob.

Two other snags I have experienced so far is that the rear bolt that holds the upper in place is a pain to remove. I can´t remove it by hand at all. The other thing is that after I had removed the barrel and put it back again, the fake bolt wouldn´t go forward by itself anymore. It obviously got stuck on someting. That something I found out, was the end of the spring on the fake piston. I rotated it slightly, then the bolt worked again.

I have found out that a 8.4 volt mini fits in the hand guard. Actually there is plenty of more room in there lengthwise. My battery is rattling forward and backwards. It might be a good idea to put something there that holds the battery in place? The upside is that there is room for longer batteries if needed. Speaking of batteries and the handguard. The slots in the hand guard makes my red battery highly visible. I don't care about that, but some purists might find that disturbing.

Unfortunately my recent airsoft shooting experience is limited to my old TM P90, and even given that I cannot comment on the performance of the gun, since I haven´t had the opportunity yet to shoot much.

Well, have gun, now I just have to start airsofting..

Nicely written, thanks for that!

I have a question about the battery space: Apart from the length, is there much extra space above and to the sides of your battery? Most larger batteries appear to be wider and taller instead of longer.

No, I am afraid not. If placed on the barrel locking/unlocking handle there is no room except forward. If you remove the handle I think you would gain about 5mm in height OR a pair of millimetres in width. Due to the shape of the handguard, a wider battery will have to sit higher, which is impossible if the handle is there. The bottom of the handguard is perfectly shaped for the mini battery. I wonder how it will fit if I put my MVG there.

I'm super pleased with the gun. There are some minor things that bug me a little

#1, my front sight doesn't sit completely flush with the rail. Not a biggie for me

#2, When release the bolt from being locked, sometimes I have to push the release button back up, or else it wont catch the bolt again

#3, my orange flash hider will NOT come off. They put on a cheap plastic orange one, and included a black birdcage flash hider, but I can't for the life of me get the plastic one off. I don't see any small hex screws holding it in or anything. Maybe i'll try and melt it off or something.

But on the contrary, this gun has this really unique/cool 'pop' sound when it's fired. It'll definitely be unique on the field.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

I'm super pleased with the gun. There are some minor things that bug me a little

#1, my front sight doesn't sit completely flush with the rail. Not a biggie for me

#2, When release the bolt from being locked, sometimes I have to push the release button back up, or else it wont catch the bolt again

#3, my orange flash hider will NOT come off. They put on a cheap plastic orange one, and included a black birdcage flash hider, but I can't for the life of me get the plastic one off. I don't see any small hex screws holding it in or anything. Maybe i'll try and melt it off or something.

But on the contrary, this gun has this really unique/cool 'pop' sound when it's fired. It'll definitely be unique on the field.

Anyway, just my 2 cents

Where'd you buy it from?

No, I am afraid not. If placed on the barrel locking/unlocking handle there is no room except forward. If you remove the handle I think you would gain about 5mm in height OR a pair of millimetres in width. Due to the shape of the handguard, a wider battery will have to sit higher, which is impossible if the handle is there. The bottom of the handguard is perfectly shaped for the mini battery. I wonder how it will fit if I put my MVG there.

Ok, thanks that's good to know. I wonder if the barrel locking handle can be cut down to allow for a larger battery. Although I wouldn't expect anyone to do this to such a new gun, it would be interesting to know if it's possible. I'm still saving for mine so I can't look at one myself yet :P