MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Well, the A&K is a Masada, and those who wanted a true ACR will prefer this.

This is not a replica of any current production weapon. The production ACR differs significantly. This is identical to the A&K Masada in terms of design except the stock and gas block, for all external purposes.

And yes, Appslapp, I want the gas block too - it looks much nicer on this model.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Ok, now I have toyed around with my Masada a little and tried to zero the sights on it at 10 meters/yards (appr). This might be a noob problem but..

With maximum popup and the front sight screwed all the way to the bottom I still get the hits some 10-15cm (4-6 inches for those who are metrically challenged) below target. I feel that the popup is somewhat non-functioning. On my very old TM P90 the problem is the opposite. The amount of hopup needed is very little. A touch to the hopup dial and the bb´s make a nice climb over the target.

Anybody else have the same problem, or am I just a lame n00b who should go back to stamp collecting? Can it be battery related? I am running an 8,4V/1050mAh mini battery.

You might want to just keep on shooting to let the bucking break in. Some buckings that I have used really needed to be broken in before I could successfully dial it in and it would shoot consistently. Other buckings did not have this problem, but those were few. I always make sure to shoot a lot before I give up on it, even though the initial shots are flying inconsistently, after a while they fly very nicely. But that is just my experiense, hope it helps though, good luck!

You might want to just keep on shooting to let the bucking break in. Some buckings that I have used really needed to be broken in before I could successfully dial it in and it would shoot consistently. Other buckings did not have this problem, but those were few. I always make sure to shoot a lot before I give up on it, even though the initial shots are flying inconsistently, after a while they fly very nicely. But that is just my experiense, hope it helps though, good luck!

Thankyou. I´ll do that. I just need to aim a bit higher for a while then :-)

By the way, Moose, I'm located not very far from you, if your profile is anything to go by. I'm in kba.

Edited by Doedkoett

To the question about the masada hopup

A drawback with the hopup on the masada and other ares guns are that the nub is builtin inside the hopup, you cant chace the nuub.

And i have seen some problem with that type of hopups before, in the scarmodels.

This is not a replica of any current production weapon. The production ACR differs significantly. This is identical to the A&K Masada in terms of design except the stock and gas block, for all external purposes.

And yes, Appslapp, I want the gas block too - it looks much nicer on this model.

Don't forget the charging handle location. As it has been explained many, MANY times before ... the A&K was based off photos of a Magpul Industries design now several years old. The Magpul PTS ACR/MASADA is accurately based off the final design Magpul Industries finalized with before handing over the design and mass production manufacturing to Bushmaster and Remington. That is why the PTS version looks the way it does. It is the ultimate and ideal design Magpul Industries USA wanted to go with before they handed over the reigns to the two other companies. Magpul PTS was working on this product for years, but Magpul USA kept altering small things here and there, hence the ungodly wait. Along the same lines, a year ago when I was at Magpul PTS' offices I saw several different generations of the FPG, all of which were functional. Was each one inaccurate? Not at all. Each one reflected the most current design of the FPG during the course of its evolution at Magpul USA.

To further drill home the fact that the A&K and the PTS versions were never affiliated, PTS had accurate specs from the beginning. The A&K looks fantastic. But once you get into the details and the overall dimensions, compare them to the real thing (even the real steel version it was based off) you realize that there are certain minor inaccuracies in the A&K. That said, given that A&K had Waterloo design their Masada purely from pictures they did an incredible job, which even Magpul PTS will admit to. PTS' ACR/MASADA on the other hand is as accurate of an AEG replica as you're going to get.

As for pricing on the accessories ... I'm not aware what those currently are. We had a lot of other things to discuss during our last conference call not related to the ACR. But accessories wise the DMR add-on components are certainly planned, though they'll take a little longer than most of the rest of the current crop of accessories coming out in the coming weeks/months. These other accessories are considered higher priority and understandably so. I think more people are interested in a SBR barrel and folding stock than DMR parts at this point. But it will happen ... eventually.

Well the Ares dont have the same electrical system as ordinary aegs.....it has the type like in the A&K, CA m249s....a real microswitch.

So you cant compare ares with a aeg with the ordinary electrical system.

So no brandblindness here!

If its good or bad in a semi/auto aeg I dont know?..only used it in my m249s

O RLY?:D

I wasn't talking about AEG's, I was talking about electrical devices in general.;)

@uscmCorps: If they don't understand it now, I guess they'll never will.

More than anything, I just wanted to clarify the issue because I've seen the topic come up a lot and I can 100% understand the confusion. I'm not going to tell people to buy the gun. Everyone has to decide for themselves if they think a product is worth the asking price. For those that decide not to buy it for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. I certainly don't feel the need to convince people to buy the gun, as it's clearly selling itself (PTS can't make them fast enough to keep up with demand). :)

How the gun handles in the long run is still yet to be seen. I really do encourage people to post their feedback here, be it positive or negative, but the more constructive it is the better. Magpul PTS is very keen on making high end products and sustaining a good reputation. If any parts are showing consistent failure they want to know so that they can fix the issues ASAP. Unlike some manufacturers, they care a lot about making sure their products work consistently within the parameters in which they've been designed.

On another note, for those of you who got the PTS ACR ... what did you think of the manual?

Edited by uscmCorps

On another note, for those of you who got the PTS ACR ... what did you think of the manual?

The manual is pretty neat. I wish they would have made a diagram showing how to field strip it. I wanted to play around taking it apart and access the quick spring change, but they didn't include that for some reason. Overall, though, it's a way better manual than what normally comes with guns. At least there are no babies shooting a cat picture like from other Chinese companies.

The DVD was a little excessive, though.

The DVD manual vs, paper manual was something we discussed at length. I have always been a big proponent of paper/card manuals as it's something tangible that the consumer can hold and enjoy. The DVD manual on the other hand, though handy to have especially in this digital age, is obviously not tangible in quite the same way. Plus it requires the user to have a device that can access the data on the DVD. If you're out at a game, a paper manual is something you can quickly leaf through and get info from. Not so with a DVD. But including the DVD didn't really change the final cost of the gun, and though some may consider it over kill, I felt it was a nice touch.

If there's seriously a lot of stuff on that DVD I'd be very pleased if someone uploaded it somewhere.

The manual will be downloadable in the future. Not sure about the wallpapers.

So the PTS ACR cannot use SCS nubs? What about the bucking? Is that proprietary as well?

As far as the folding stock and RIS go, can we expect to see them before the holiday season, uscm?

They should be out before then. But keep in mind, this gun was supposed to be out back in February, so don't bank on it. It'll be out when it's out. I know they're very focused on trying to get as many ACR produced as possible right now due to the high demand.

Regarding the bucking and SCS nubs, I don't know myself. If it does have proprietary bucking and nubs similar to that which is used in ARES guns, it'll be interesting to see how well they work. I was pretty impressed with the out of the box range and accuracy of my Ares SR25. The only thing I didn't like about the SR25 was the captured hopup ... which doesn't apply to the ACR.

The "exploded" drawing was pretty much useless in the paper manual, since thin white lines on black is not exactly very readable. But I opened the PDF in illustrator, copied the bitmap graphic, pasted it into photoshop, inverted and printed it out on A4, so now it can be studied in more detail.

I attached the file for you guys so you don´t have to do it yourselves.

post-69168-12822863485482_thumb.gif

The "exploded" drawing was pretty much useless in the paper manual, since thin white lines on black is not exactly very readable. But I opened the PDF in illustrator, copied the bitmap graphic, pasted it into photoshop, inverted and printed it out on A4, so now it can be studied in more detail.

I attached the file for you guys so you don´t have to do it yourselves.

Thanks for the pick,it basicly awnsers most of the few questions i had left but about the gearbox...

on a scale of F- All the way to a A+ What would you give it?

and anyone else getting RS Nights for it :D

In the "exploded" drawing you clearly see the custom nub

That nub looks a lot like the figure '8' one in the Ares Tavor. Given its performance, it's an interesting one for Magpul PTS to adopt.

Does the hop adjustment work fine in all your units? There are comments already about some doing nothing.

I suspect the normal fixes for the Ares design will work here, sometimes you only need to put a shim in under the hop adjustment wheel to get a result.

Edited by The Reptile House

That nub looks a lot like the figure '8' one in the Ares Tavor. Given its performance, it's an interesting one for Magpul PTS to adopt.

I suspect the normal fixes for the Ares design will work here, sometimes you only need to put a shim in under the hop adjustment wheel to get a result.

Did the nub have problems in the ARES Tavor? I'm not too familiar with that AEG.

What other "normal" fixes are there?

One thing that confuses me is why is Magpul so firm in their stance that the internals are not made by ARES when it seems to many that they are? Personally, I feel that if it peforms nicely then I could care less who the manufacturer is. I just don't see a reason for Magpul to lie about it...

One more question: What are the proprietary internal parts? In other words, which parts would I not be able to upgrade in the future unless some aftermarket company made specific parts for the ACR? Obviously the gearbox, but what else?

Mine should arrive today. I got the FDE one. I'll get some photos and put them up within the hour of getting it for those who want more pics. :P

I'm not going to be able to test it out the next 6 hours. I'll post up about it within the next 12 hours though. I'll chrono it...set the hop and post up on my initial impressions on the performance.

------------------

Edit:

AH! The postal worker just dropped off the mail. He said that I have a package...that he will be back with it after delivering letter mail to the rest of the row... :)

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Did the nub have problems in the ARES Tavor? I'm not too familiar with that AEG.

Some people found it less than optimum. In my own experience it was either on too much or not at all - quite difficult to find the sweet spot.

What other "normal" fixes are there?

Some people have chosen to modify the hop arm (a bit of filing, a bit of filling) so that a standard nub can be used.

It's worth checking out the threads here and here if you want to learn about the Ares Tavor. The ACR could be a different beast, though - I'm not pre-judging it.

Edited by The Reptile House