MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Uncompany.com

They have them in stock as does ehobbyasia.com

The putty peels right off comparable to peeling off duct tape

I ordered it Tuesday, I got it today (Friday).

I will be shooting it in a couple of hours or so :P

Standard shipping? Because that was impressive.

Got to open the gearbox

Cylinder nozzle and piston head seal/ compression could be better

Gears are steel

Pinion gear is heat treated

Shimming is acceptable as is the amount of lube

Not a big fan of the imm dual oil chamber bushings for the sector and spur gear....bevel gear bearings are 8mm bearings

Cylinder is non ported

Gearbox comes out after 2 screws from the base plate and 2 screws under the chamber...plus 3 pins punched out

Quick question about accesories, will there by a way one could pick and choose the parts. Say down the line, I don't want to bother with the fixed stock, the 5.56 lower, and carbine length barrel. Could I say, I want an ak lower, 11.5in barrel and collapsible stock with the important stuff included as well. Or am I going to need to buy the full version as a base?

I think I recall uscm saying at one point that there might be a special edition that would include the ACR and all its accessories, but I don't think there'll be custom orders or specialized versions sold. That would be awesome, but I haven't heard anything about that. Hopefully I'm wrong though! biggrin.gif

By the way, has anyone taken a picture of an ACR with an MVG grip?

Edited by Slayer750
Cylinder nozzle and piston head seal/ compression could be better

Gears are steel

Pinion gear is heat treated

Shimming is acceptable as is the amount of lube

Not a big fan of the imm dual oil chamber bushings for the sector and spur gear....bevel gear bearings are 8mm bearings

Cylinder is non ported

Nice work mate.

Edited by Bishamon Tiger

With the hop set for .25g bbs, the magpul pts masada acr shoots 377-384 fps.

This is with okay compression for the nozzle/cylinder head.

The air nozzle is pretty long as is the nozzle on the cylinder. It reminds me of an aug cylinder head and nozzle. I have none of those parts to compare it to however.

There's somewhat of a whine to the gun...its not smooth like systema gearboxes.

The gearbox shell is proprietary. As is the spring guide, and switch assembly...

I'm sure the cylinder head and nozzle are proprietary...

Gears, piston, piston head are regular aeg internals...better gears could be swapped into the gun as well as a better/ less whinier motor.

Again these are from me being picky about my guns...

There are those who are wondering about the hop...

Max hop setting would get .28g bbs to shoot out to maybe 200 feet. There is definitely enough hop for the gun to shoot .25g bbs.

Quick spring change isn't so quick though you won't have to disassemble the gearbox to swap springs. Very nifty. More to come later...maybe.

Sorry for the format of the writeup, I am on my phone typing away.

Is the piston head the same non ported type as the "pre finalized" units had? I was pretty sceptic when people claimed that the internals will be overhauled just before release, seems I was right.

Looks like I'll pass this one. :(

The piston head is clear with 2 portings that are probably 1mm in diameter. It is clear and is held in place by a screw.

The piston is also clear. The second to the last tooth was not shaved down (to allow for better angle of engagement on higher cyclic rate of fire guns). I have since dremeled 80% of the second to the last tooth on the piston.

I am impressed with the quality of the externals...the gearbox shell isn't too bad...nothing really special about it that makes spending $500 on a gun worth while. Still, I'm not complaining about what I ended up getting. The gun isn't a piece of ######. Its well made...though it could be improved with better cylinder head/ nozzle assemblies (which no one makes at the moment). Still, the gun shoots very well. Its not polished like Marui but performs well enough.

If you have the cash and can overlook what I have mentioned...pull the trigger...if not...spend your money else where.

Would I recommend the gun? Yes. Compression is 80% okay with me as the fps variation is from 377 to 384 with .20g bbs on a 15 shot string.

As before...I will keep posting up new findings as I get to know my gun.

Quick question about accesories, will there by a way one could pick and choose the parts. Say down the line, I don't want to bother with the fixed stock, the 5.56 lower, and carbine length barrel. Could I say, I want an ak lower, 11.5in barrel and collapsible stock with the important stuff included as well. Or am I going to need to buy the full version as a base?

We ask for so much but as one last thing I'd just love that option being available some time in the future. My ideal setup would be in FDE with collapsing stock, 11.5'' barrel, and GBB internals. The price of the $450 base AEG with those three additionals horrifies me. I just can't afford it. sad.gif

I'm almost certain it would never happen because Magpul PTS does not sell these directly. Otherwise it would be a nightmare for the distributors, having to fill out custom orders for almost every weapon system shipped. I don't think any major manufacturer in the industry does that. And retailers, even those with surplus stock of Masada accessories, probably wouldn't be willing to swap the parts and deduct the difference before shipping.

Had an account here along time ago....cant remember the email addy ...LOL i'm old. ok back OT. and sorry. unsure.gif

So I went over to Snoopy's house this afternoon to bring him a NIP Clear Guarder Bucking for his ACR. The stock bucking had been damaged, (not by the manufacture I may add). I think Snoopy was trying to inspect it and it had torn at the nozol end, anyhoo, small improvement in seal but accuracy was better overall per Snoopy. I'll let him give the findings later on.

My first impression of the ARC in hand would be sumed up with one word, AWESOME! The exterior quality is almost unmatched by other companies. If you have seen any of the MAGPUL components out there, you would know the quality of their construction. TM, PGC, KSC, WA, Sheriff and Old School Guarder among others come to mine when comparing matched quality.

The whine that Snoopy refered to earlier is very minimal at best. Fellow Techs would notice a small motor/Gear whine but thats it. Something maybe a breakin period might just fix or like Snoop said, "maybe a new Motor/pinion gear. It's really not that bad, were being very picky to say the least. LOL Shimming might have something to do with it, but not likely.

I shot the ACR at his private gun range. Accuracy was respectable but has some room for improvement. 200 ft human size shots were right on target with a few flyers. Again, since this is my good friends new toy, I will let him bring you any new updates.

I see myself owning one in the near future.

Edited by Sacair Dagger

I have to say it sounds awesome so far. Looks like Ares have upped their game under Magpul PTS' watchful eye.

Does any ACR owner have Ares' Tavor, so they can give their view on the externals in comparison to that? I rate the Tavor's polymer as the best I've seen so far.

Edited by Bishamon Tiger