MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Does anyone in the UK have one of the production models? As where i've read about the FPS it's slighty hot for some UK sites

Go back and read some of my posts regarding the UK models mate.

They are being made on a separate production run to be compliant to UK RoHS import laws they are also coming sub 350FPS out of the box and stamped/marked/holographed differently to signify that they are a legitimatly imported UK model, with this comes a 3 month warranty from Magpul, the grey imports will not have this.

Well, received mine couple of days ago, and it's absolutely awesome, great great quality.

One bad point so far though: is it only me or the barrel is just a tad loose? As, there is a bit of play, if you rest the weapon on the barrel against a wall or support, it definitely moves a bit, doesn't it?

I tried putting a silencer, but it was just making the barrel move a little too much to my taste to remain accurate.

Anyone has an idea on that? I already tried removing and putting the barrel back (very easy), but the ring that holds it seems to be a bit loose on purpose to allow the screwing/unscrewing.

• Like 1

I mis spoke in my earlier post. Instead of saying "ACR" I should have said PTS Masada. waggle.gif I'm on some RS forums too.

One thing I did notice on the stock Hop Bucking of the PTS Masada. It is much harder feeling then what comes in most standard, (99%) of all AEG's on the market. It felt similar to a Guarder 70% Bucking or harder / stiffer for that matter. The softer type buckings, (Guarder Clear / TM / Systema) are a huge improvement over the stock bluish/clear bucking IMO.

One bad point so far though: is it only me or the barrel is just a tad loose? As, there is a bit of play, if you rest the weapon on the barrel against a wall or support, it definitely moves a bit, doesn't it?

Anyone has an idea on that? I already tried removing and putting the barrel back (very easy), but the ring that holds it seems to be a bit loose on purpose to allow the screwing/unscrewing.

Snoopy's Masada's outer barrel was solid. I feft no wobble at all. Even when he reinstalled the outer barrel assm on the receiver, it made a very solid "click" going back into battery.

I mis spoke in my earlier post. Instead of saying "ACR" I should have said PTS Masada. waggle.gif I'm on some RS forums too.

One thing I did notice on the stock Hop Bucking of the PTS Masada. It is much harder feeling then what comes in most standard, (99%) of all AEG's on the market. It felt similar to a Guarder 70% Bucking or harder / stiffer for that matter. The softer type buckings, (Guarder Clear / TM / Systema) are a huge improvement over the stock bluish/clear bucking IMO.

The guarder soft type bucking is the way to go. It is off spec where the nub protrudes down farther than marui and systema buckings.

I tried the marui bucking and it doesn't provide as good a seal and (doesn't provide enough) hop as the guarder clear bucking.

Also, with the stock buckings lip, the bb does not fall into the bucking when you put a bb on the mouth of it. Marui buckings will let you do that. Guarder clear buckings won't (just like the stock one). Something to do with the nozzle/ bucking lip seal....guarder buckings yeild 5-10 fps higher fps than the stock bucking.

The guarder clear bucking is an absolute must for the magpul pts masada/acr.

Another thing that needs improvement is the nozzle. An air seal nozzle would be extremely beneficial to have in the gun.

I had to trim about 1mm off of the back of the guarder clar hop bucking.

By off spec, I meant the material that comes in contact with the bb to give it a backspin protrudes more than a marui one. This allows the gun to shoot bbs heavier than .25g to have optimal hop setting.

Snoopy's Masada's outer barrel was solid. I feft no wobble at all. Even when he reinstalled the outer barrel assm on the receiver, it made a very solid "click" going back into battery.

Yeah, I have the clicking sounds too, but it's still wobble a little, which I don't like.

Anyone mind to share how are their PTS Masada's barrels?

I had to trim about 1mm off of the back of the guarder clar hop bucking.

By off spec, I meant the material that comes in contact with the bb to give it a backspin protrudes more than a marui one. This allows the gun to shoot bbs heavier than .25g to have optimal hop setting.

Do you mean the "bump", aka the "mound"?

I dont think Dagger got actually tried wobbling the outer barrel. It does in fact "wobble"....it doesn't wobble because its loose...I think its more on the material than anything. The outer barrel is solidly in place...doesn't rotate or anything. I think the movement is there due to the length of an unsupported free float outer barrel.

Now, if the outer barrel assembly/trunion was made out of steel...then you wouldn't have that wobble (or at least have less of a wobble :P )

I dont think Dagger got actually tried wobbling the outer barrel. It does in fact "wobble"....it doesn't wobble because its loose...I think its more on the material than anything. The outer barrel is solidly in place...doesn't rotate or anything. I think the movement is there due to the length of an unsupported free float outer barrel.

Now, if the outer barrel assembly/trunion was made out of steel...then you wouldn't have that wobble (or at least have less of a wobble :P )

Yeah, that's what I figured out too, it's a floating barrel. Indeed, it doesn't rotate nor anything, but the fixation isn't as sturdy as the generic M4 barrel fixation. None of my G&P M4 floating barrel wobble at all, like nothing, really. On the other hand, changing of barrel on those is a super pain in the butt...

Well, I guess you can't have everything, right?!

Or maybe I could figure out how to support the barrel from the hand guard? That would fix the wobbling for good... food for thoughts.

Is there a part of the outer barrel which can be wrapped in a little teflon tape or something to steady it?

Only the part at the end of the hand guard that comes down, else it would need to be VERY thick to make contact with the handguard inside. Also considering that part of the charging bolt is above the fake gas block thingy, so it's a moving part. Can't put support on that.

Ycare,

A few more of us in your area should have them soon (I hope), and we can check them to see if we are having the same issue you are...maybe you are the only one :)

Mmmh, not sure I'd be happy to know I'm the only one, and I received it brand new already like that. It because there was wobble that I tried removing the barrel in the first place.

I really think it's just the way it is, the quick removal tool is great, but doesn't hold the barrel as steady as 4 tight screws, that's for sure. It won't go away not turn nor anything, but it wobbles a little bit... that's the only detail on the replica so far I don't enjoy 200%.

Edited by Ycare

I really think it's just the way it is, the quick removal tool is great, but doesn't hold the barrel as steady as 4 tight screws, that's for sure. It won't go away not turn nor anything, but it wobbles a little bit... that's the only detail on the replica so far I don't enjoy 200%.

Any chance you can drill in threads for some screws on either side of barrel holding unit (forget what it is called)? Maybe some loctite or something similiar could rectify the issue? I'd like to help out and find a solution, but I don't know exactly the wobble is and how the ACR barrel locks in place, making it quite difficult to do so...

@Anak,

Holy *suitcase*.

I really hope that is for you and a group of friends... Maybe you can send one my way? biggrin.gif

Edited by Slayer750

The inner barrel is slightly canted over to the right. This results in the hop's nub that goes into the inner barrel to go to the right as well. This results in slight hooking to the right after a distance. I have my gun shooting at 337-340 with .2g bbs. The hop has been set for toytec .25g bbs.

I corrected the placement of the inner barrel by shaving down the centering sleeve of the inner barrel. I then ended up using the set screw that locks the barrel into place (forward/backward) to "clamp" down onto the inner barrel to keep it centered. That screw has blue loctite applied to it to prevent backing up.

With the hop turned on, the bucking protrudes down centered which in turn allows for the gun to shoot straight (and not hook right).

Just arrived back in Tokyo and picked mine up from the Post Office (thank goodness for the 24x7 hr service). Not tested...got to see what YCare means by wobble in my next game with him :-

Well it's simple really, does the barrel move a little bit up and down if you put some pressure on it, or is it as sturdy as the stock and grip?

Any chance you can drill in threads for some screws on either side of barrel holding unit (forget what it is called)? Maybe some loctite or something similiar could rectify the issue? I'd like to help out and find a solution, but I don't know exactly the wobble is and how the ACR barrel locks in place, making it quite difficult to do so...

Mmm, no, I don't see anyway of putting screws without risking the integrity of the quick release system. Loctite wouldn't do it either, since the nut is really tight in, but the bolt holding the barrel nut has a big opening for the hopup bucking on its top, and by coincidence, this is where there is the most play, up and down.

I'll try talking pictures to show that since difficult to explain.