MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I don't have any wobble at all, the barrel flexes a millimeter or two when I apply force to it, but I can live with that. The barrel is more or less a mild steel tube, not the hardened steel barrel of a real weapon. If you hold on to the hand guard and "wobble" the barrel it sure moves, but that´s the hand guard moving. Also nothing to worry about, unless you have a laser sight mounted on the handguard, then I guess you will have a slight accuracy issue.. but you´d have that anyway since it´s an airsoft weapon, not a real one.

My Masada has no movement what so ever in the barrel mount. So obviously it´s not a problem occuring on all guns.

Apart from the handguard, the only other flexing I have noticed is where the stock meets the receiver. If I lean the gun against a wall I noticed that the gun flexes ever so slightly. But when holding the gun it feels as solid as it can be.

I don't have any wobble at all, the barrel flexes a millimeter or two when I apply force to it

Interesting - that's rather like what you read about their Tavor. If it's the same as that, the movement is pretty negligible and I don't think Tavor owners have reported accuracy issues - the reverse in fact.

I don't have any wobble at all, the barrel flexes a millimeter or two when I apply force to it, but I can live with that. The barrel is more or less a mild steel tube, not the hardened steel barrel of a real weapon. If you hold on to the hand guard and "wobble" the barrel it sure moves, but that´s the hand guard moving. Also nothing to worry about, unless you have a laser sight mounted on the handguard, then I guess you will have a slight accuracy issue.. but you´d have that anyway since it´s an airsoft weapon, not a real one.

My Masada has no movement what so ever in the barrel mount. So obviously it´s not a problem occuring on all guns.

Apart from the handguard, the only other flexing I have noticed is where the stock meets the receiver. If I lean the gun against a wall I noticed that the gun flexes ever so slightly. But when holding the gun it feels as solid as it can be.

Funny, my handguard is much more sturdy than the barrel itself, almost no wobble at all. Stock is completely one part with body as well, 0 zobble whatsoever there.

The barrel definitely moves more than 1 or 2 mili on my side, especially when pushed up. I'm curious to see how other are, since I really can't see any obvious wrong manufacturing sign on mine, it looks just perfect, but isn't quite.

Interesting - that's rather like what you read about their Tavor. If it's the same as that, the movement is pretty negligible and I don't think Tavor owners have reported accuracy issues - the reverse in fact.

My ARES Tavor had some wobble too, same as my masada basically, but then I was able to fix this with some electric tape since there is a kind of support in the handguard, which isn't the case for the masada.

Edit: after just trying, there is indeed actually very little wobble on the left, right, and downward, 1 to 2 mili, but when pushed up, then it moves quite more, and the gas block actually makes contact with the outside part of the handguard, so more like 4~5 mili to me.

Double edit: well, maybe I was just a little too much looking at it. I tightened the barrel as much as I could with the quick removal tool, and it barely wobbles. The barrel still touches the handguard when rested on it, but it's actually barely a couple of millimeters. For the convenience of being able to remove the barrel that easily, it's worth it.

Edited by Ycare

Just got mine today and had a chance to put a magazine worth of rounds through it this evening.

No wobble at all. The hand guard has a tiny bit of play, but nothing that I can't live with.

However, it is shooting hot. Japanese law is 99m/s (1 joule) and it is shooting at a very consistent 108 m/s.

Can someone offer some advice on how to do the "quick spring swap?"

Would be greatly appreciated.

I have put a quick video up on youtube to show first 10 shots, full auto, and wobble test.

please watch in HD

Edited by dstole

punch out the handguard pin

punch out 3 receiver pins

remove the 3mm hex screw under the pistol grip

remove the 2.5mm hex screws under the mag well

slide the gearbox out

remove the screw at the back of the gearbox (goes into the spring guiide)

take a 5mm hex wrench or use your finger to insert into the spring guide base...push forward...turn counter clockwise

the spring guide should then come out...pull the spring and replace with the new one

reverse the procedure to put everything back

be mindful of the position of the selector lever and selector plate (push the selector plate to the safe position and have the selector lever on safe)

I mis spoke in my earlier post. Instead of saying "ACR" I should have said PTS Masada. waggle.gif I'm on some RS forums too.

Magpul PTS Masada ACR is actually its real name according to all documentation here on the US Boxes..

Masada #573 Black

Skirmished indoors last night with it... the trigger response is awesome for headhunting indoors, Using my 1200mah 20C lipo it has a really intense ROF also although I am more of a semi-guy myself.

Dumped about 1000 rounds total tonight so I am up to 3000 or so through the gun... no problems to speak of except scaring the new guys dry.gif

No barrel wobble, and the body is rock solid.. no give or wobble in the body at all.

My hop-up however doesn't seem to do too much, not that it seems "off" but putting all the way forward or back seems to have the same result... I am wondering if something is stuck. I would have expected to see some drift either full up or down... I will investigate..

Edited by WarriorSoul

AnakChan-

What are the numbers on the other Magpul PTS Masada/ACR (in FDE) that you got?

Yours is 1166..........mine is 1170 :P

-------------------------

I myself went through three 120rd magazines in one scenario yesterday....zero issues granted that I did the following:

1. Dropped the spring (so it shoots around 337-340 FPS with .20g BBs (hop is set for .25g BBs)

2. Replaced the hop bucking (I am using the Guarder 50% clear hop bucking)

3. Replaced one shim (top of the spur gear) to further minimize side to side play.

With this setup, I was getting 23.9 rounds per second using a Flight Power 11.1v 1200mah 25C lipo.

slide the gearbox out

Wait, let me get this right. You need to take out the gearbox to change the spring?! And this called "quick spring swap"?!

I thought that to change the spring you only need to take off the stock and the spring guide :(

I've ran at least a thousand rounds using lipo on semi and full. No noticeable wear on the piston indicating the so called pre engagement.

Supposedly pre engagement happens when you exceed 25 rounds a second.

I think the motor used could be better. 24 rounds a second is okay with a lipo...at least with the one I have I don't worry about it.

Pre engagement can occur depending on your setup...the higher speed your setup is, the more likely you will suffer this issue.

You could always correct the angle of engagement to totally eliminate pre engagement issues...

So far....zero issues with my gun. Gun feeds without skipping using toytec .25g bbs and NO sector chip installed.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Wait, let me get this right. You need to take out the gearbox to change the spring?! And this called "quick spring swap"?!

I thought that to change the spring you only need to take off the stock and the spring guide :(

Whoops! I totally forgot....

No need to unscrew screws on the lower.

3 pins out

Remove the stock

Remove the back screw

Twist the spring guide...replace the spring

Reverse the process and voila!

I've ran at least a thousand rounds using lipo on semi and full. No noticeable wear on the piston indicating the so called pre engagement.

That's great to hear. I'd be afraid of trying an 11.1V LiPo but since you've had success with yours I'll definitely use one when I get my Masada.

You could always correct the angle of engagement to totally eliminate pre engagement issues...

Correct AOE won't prevent premature engagement. It's possible to have the gears spin so fast that they engage teeth in the middle of the rack. This is why I can't use an 11.1V LiPo in my G36. It eats the 6th-2nd piston teeth.

The stock motor doesn't sound like the fastest one available, but it doesn't sound bad. I'd love to know if it's a standard Ares model or what. I wonder if anyone has broken their motor in before firing the gun.

So far....zero issues with my gun. Gun feeds without skipping using toytec .25g bbs and NO sector chip installed.

Glad to hear it! I'm getting excited about receiving mine... :)

Sounds like a tuning issue with your g36....

Angle of engagement modifications is a huge part in tuning guns for high cyclic rate.

If you want a higher rof for your g36...consider the sc dual sector gear...with p90s those things could get the rof up to 77 rounds a second

Sounds like a tuning issue with your g36....

Yeah there's still work to do, but 22 RPS 320 FPS with a 7.4V LiPo is fine for now. The main issue comes from having to keep the FPS below 328, as the weaker the spring, the greater the chance of pre-engagement.

Angle of engagement modifications is a huge part in tuning guns for high cyclic rate.

Absolutely. In fact it's an excellent modification to improve piston longevity and should be done to all guns. My point was that AOE can't eliminate the possibility of premature engagement. It's a different issue.

If you want a higher rof for your g36...consider the sc dual sector gear...with p90s those things could get the rof up to 77 rounds a second

Maybe one day. It's definitely the way to go for extreme ROF, but my current goal is only 30 RPS. Once I'm broed with that I'll probably try to get to 40 :P

Sorry this has been off topic. To bring it back on topic, does anyone know what ratio the Masada's stock gears are?