MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

But seriously, I don't know what to do, both my outdoor and indoor loadouts are all finished, everything is set and doesn't need touched, I guess I should start Joy-buying stuff. We shall see when christmas comes how i feel. biggrin.gif

NVM, i'm buying a shotgun, and now i can't decide which one!

Tanaka 870 silver mariners

Tanaka Trenchgun

Tanaka sawed off trenchgun

tanaka shorty folding stock m870

Edited by Short Stack

The release schedule is: the folding stock first, followed by the different barrel lengths (probably just the 10.5" barrel to start), and the RIS handguard. Not sure exactly when the AK lower receiver and dedicated magazines will be out. All of that should be out prior to Christmas though.

The release schedule is: the folding stock first, followed by the different barrel lengths (probably just the 10.5" barrel to start), and the RIS handguard. Not sure exactly when the AK lower receiver and dedicated magazines will be out. All of that should be out prior to Christmas though.

Any word on the GBB drop-in kit?

Carceroth...you should check the selector cam...

Take down is easy. Should take 2 mins to align everything.

i took the whole rifle apart and removed the gearbox and the fire select cam seemed fine everything moved smoothly and the selector switch still jammed even without the gearbox in the lower i'm going to try and fix it and re lube it but i dont know how the dang gear box gets back in the lower it doesnt seem to fit and i dont want to force it as i already gouged open the black wire on one of the selector gears (fibers were intact and i taped it with electrical tape hope this doesn't cause problems). so i'm just leaving it out until i can figure out how to get the dang thing back in <_<

i took the whole rifle apart and removed the gearbox and the fire select cam seemed fine everything moved smoothly and the selector switch still jammed even without the gearbox in the lower i'm going to try and fix it and re lube it but i dont know how the dang gear box gets back in the lower it doesnt seem to fit and i dont want to force it as i already gouged open the black wire on one of the selector gears (fibers were intact and i taped it with electrical tape hope this doesn't cause problems). so i'm just leaving it out until i can figure out how to get the dang thing back in <_<

Carceroth, My selector switch is a little loose and jammed so I have to press down really hard to flip it anywhere. I'm a noobie at gun tech, so I'm asking if theres anyway to fix this problem besides taping it down? Much appreciated.

Edited by A_Cool_Breeze

Awesome stuff to know, any info on when the renowned/signiture/OMFG EPIC 10 inch railed and folding gun will be released?

I think they're still trying to figure out the level of interest there'd be in ACR's set up in other configurations. I'd be curious to see if people would like to see ACR's setup for sale in the CQB setup (10 inch barrel, folding stock), and an AK setup (ACR AK lower, ACR AK mag etc). Would people be receptive to that?

Are you going to take pictures of your ACR with the prototype folding stock and RIS for us, uscm? Pretty please! tongue.gif

Still don't have the folding stock in hand. Should be soon. I've requested to get some more of the AK ACR mags so I can actually skirmish with it and give some in game feedback.

Any word on the GBB drop-in kit?

It's being worked on. From what I recall it's still designed as a drop in kit into the regular 5.56 AEG lower.

Hopefully they release the 7.62 conversion and the cqb version with the retractable stock soon

That's the plan.

Well, I plan to buy all stuff available for the Magpul ACR, but I'm waiting for DMR/SPR parts. That would be the sign for me to buy Magpul's ACR, until then I'm happy with my A&K.

I'm just saying © smile.gif

agree 100%. I'm waiting for FG, 18" barrel, and sniper stock. Knowing my luck, those will be the very last items Magpul comes out with...

I think they're still trying to figure out the level of interest there'd be in ACR's set up in other configurations. I'd be curious to see if people would like to see ACR's setup for sale in the CQB setup (10 inch barrel, folding stock), and an AK setup (ACR AK lower, ACR AK mag etc). Would people be receptive to that?

Let's be honest, this is airsoft, and there are 2 things the vast majority of people always want to add to their guns, out of following fashion:

1. Railed handguards

2. Shorter CQB length barrels

It seems obvious to me that PTS has started with the current configuration because the fixed stock and plastic handguard are cheaper, and they want to keep the cost down ($450 is fairly high as it is); as for the the 14.5" barrel, well that's just seen as 'standard' and fits with the other parts. Selling it out of the box with the 10.5" barrel, railed handguard and folding stock will (I'm pretty sure) be a very popular option, since so many people will want that and it'll save them time and money having to buy the current setup and just chuck away the barrel/stock/handguard they're not interested in.

Sticking with the 5.56 lower is the obvious option when going down this path, since the sorts of people that will want the 'more gucci' gun will more than likely be the kinds that already have a load of M4 mags, likely including PMAGs.

As for the AK lower, IMO, if it was going to be sold as an optional complete gun configuration, it should really come with at least 3 mags, possibly 4. The mags are proprietary purely to the PTS Masada AK lower, no one will already have any and they're only going to need to buy extras anyway, so since it works out cheaper getting them as a complete set with the AEG, sling a few in the box and let the end consumer save some cash rather than (inevitably) buying them individually along with the gun.

So all I need in this would be a TBB, Gears, Motor, and mags to run the gun on an 11.1 v lipo correct?

Why would you need to replace the barrel in order to use lipos? Or the gears and motor, for that matter?

So what size barrel goes in this? And would you need a mosfet for the battery?

The gun is equipped with a microswitch trigger, so, no.

agree 100%. I'm waiting for FG, 18" barrel, and sniper stock. Knowing my luck, those will be the very last items Magpul comes out with...

From what I've heard the FG ones aren't far away, for us UK players at least, some stores will be getting them in the first shipment arriving this month so I've been told :)

I'll be picking up all the accessories for it, planning to use it as a DMR or assault rifle depending how I feel on different skirmish days :P

I'm so excited it will finally be out in the wild this september, it's like torture now it's getting close!

The parts that I would love to have for the ACR are the 14.5 and 10 inch barrels, the railed and polymer handguard, and the folding stock. It would be cool if they make a deluxe version that comes with a nice case with foam cut outs for all of the ACR accessories.

So I'm back from the land of Mountains and zero interwebs access, and found a nice little package containing my new Masada on my doorstep.

I didn't bother to take initial pictures, because there are more than a few others on here and mine looked no different.

Firstly, its awesome, better than the A&K by miles externally (finishing level, materials, weight). I haven't converted it to deans, but I borrowed a friends small tamiya 11.1v lipo and chrono'd. 330-333 FPS w/ .2s. Good ROF, certainly better than the Ares guns I've shot, and better than the A&K one was stock, too. In addition, the gun sounds really quite smooth, with only a hint of whine, which is most definitely coming from the motor. Meh.

Once I swap it to deans, I'll get a range test in and do some more extensive testing.

Everything on the gun is solid and operates smoothly, except these fews things.

The foregrip and barrel are wobbly. At first I thought the foregrip was actually loose with regards to the receiver, and I used some electrical tape to try and fix this. No dice. I then realized that when the foregrip would shake, the barrel would too. The barrel didn't shake nearly as much when I just tried to shake it by itself, while holding the foregrip in place. This leads me to believe that either a pin or screw holding in the barrel locking trunnion is loose, as it is also where the foregrip locks on.

The material they used to make the barrel locking mechanism is definitely a softer material, as I can see it starting to deform after a few tries. Dunno why they didn't use a stronger aluminum alloy or steel, as this is probably one of the easiest areas to cause a failure in. Gonna have a go fixing the wobble problem today.

Oh, since nobody seems to have mentioned this annoying/surprising detail, the gun is threaded 14mm clockwise, not counter-clockwise. This sucks, for me, because all my aftermarket FHs and suppressors are CCW.

Some other issues, the finishing on the screws and pins on this gun is at least as bad as it was on my old A&K. Many of them came with the finish already rubbing of, or with some sort of marks on them already. The front sight also has finishing imperfections, with the paint being rubbed/shipped off in a few places.

So far, however, these are really only minor issues, though for the barrel/foregrip issue I'd have hoped they'd use a better material for that part, as inevitably excessive force will be applied getting the barrel on or off.

And my original PTS PMAGs (not M rev., and all 11 of them) don't seat without a fairly strong tap on the bottom, which is a bit perplexing as the M rev. one seats beautifully. <_<

But the gun, overall, is a real beauty, and definitely on par with similarly priced VFC's and such. My VFC SR15 had similar minor issues: wobbly stock, mags seating issue, crappy finish on some of the minor metaly bits (mag catch for one, selectors weren't to good either, and the stock tube was really bad), and a minor whine/crappy stock motor.

Overall, I am pretty damn please with the gun how it is, and once I tighten a few screws I think I'll be satisfied (I HATE WOBBLY HANDGRIPS/STOCKS!). My A&K was nice, but not close to as nice as this, and I definitely feel it was worth getting rid of for this.

Pictures soon.

Another issue I have, though it is theoretical a this point, is that from looking at the included pictures of the 10.5in barrel and some pictures I found online, I highly doubt most of the airsoft suppressors and some of the wider muzzle breaks will fit, as the gas piston operating system gets in the way. Considering 1/2 of all CQB gun users eventually try adding a suppressor to their guns ( in my experience, from working at a local airsoft store and going to games/checking out forums and such), this seems a little silly to me. 'Course I'll probably still end up buying it :P

OH and, my complimentary DVD thing came cracked <_< Can anyone hook me up with one, or a place where I can get a new one?

Edited by Vercingetorix

Oh, since nobody seems to have mentioned this annoying/surprising detail, the gun is threaded 14mm clockwise, not counter-clockwise.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&view=findpost&p=2365971

Thread direction has been mentioned a few pages back :P

-------------------------

I replaced the motor with a TM EG1000 motor and the slight whine you mentioned was still there. The whine went away after I installed a set of Systema standard ratio flat gears.

I have just replaced the stock piston with a TM piston. I will chrono the gun when I get home from work. With a random spring from my parts box, I was getting 356-358 FPS with .20g BBs (using the stock piston/piston head). I'll compare the FPS output from the stock piston/piston head to that of a TM piston/piston head and report back...

:P

Somebody really needs to set up a separate webpage/thread to contain everybodies gun model number/colour/country/forum users name, would be a nice one off for a mainstream product and would allow any differences/flaws between batches to become apparent.

Edited by Scuffer

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

Stock piston and piston head after about 1500 rounds using an 11.1v 1200mah 25C LiPo. Typical wear on the back tooth. The second to the last tooth had been shaved as to help prevent premature engagement. ROF with a 340 FPS spring was about 23-24 rounds a second with the stock motor.

• Like 1