MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

agree 100%. I'm waiting for FG, 18" barrel, and sniper stock. Knowing my luck, those will be the very last items Magpul comes out with...

Yes, those will probably be the last to come out.

It seems obvious to me that PTS has started with the current configuration because the fixed stock and plastic handguard are cheaper, and they want to keep the cost down ($450 is fairly high as it is)

It's not only a cost factor (though that is a significant concern as the folding stock costs a lot more to make than the non-folding version). It's also configured that way as the ACR/Masada was designed with that particular default configuration when Magpul Industries finalized the project and handed it over to Bushmaster and Remington.

As for the AK lower, IMO, if it was going to be sold as an optional complete gun configuration, it should really come with at least 3 mags, possibly 4. The mags are proprietary purely to the PTS Masada AK lower, no one will already have any and they're only going to need to buy extras anyway, so since it works out cheaper getting them as a complete set with the AEG, sling a few in the box and let the end consumer save some cash rather than (inevitably) buying them individually along with the gun.

Adding 3-4 AK mags in with the AK ACR would probably be a savings over buying them separately ... but some people already get freaked out when looking at the price of the standard ACR. Whatever the price of the AK ACR turns out to be, I'm not convinced people can rationalize a potentially $60+/- increase for 3-4 AK mags. It would be a savings, but I think people would look at the price tag and go OMG, WTF!?!!

The parts that I would love to have for the ACR are the 14.5 and 10 inch barrels, the railed and polymer handguard, and the folding stock. It would be cool if they make a deluxe version that comes with a nice case with foam cut outs for all of the ACR accessories.

Again, it's a cost factor. I've been pushing to do a deluxe package of the gun with ALL the accessories. It'd save people a lot of hassle and money getting everything as a single uber (and possibly limited edition) set. But even accounting for the savings, the deluxe set wouldn't be cheap at all. I'd be worried people would scoff at the final price tag. PTS are certainly considering it, but they'll have to make sure there's a market for it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Again, it's a cost factor. I've been pushing to do a deluxe package of the gun with ALL the accessories. It'd save people a lot of hassle and money getting everything as a single uber (and possibly limited edition) set. But even accounting for the savings, the deluxe set wouldn't be cheap at all. I'd be worried people would scoff at the final price tag. PTS are certainly considering it, but they'll have to make sure there's a market for it.

Would it be $1000 or less? If it is a lot more than $1000, I would have a hard time justifying its purchase. Less than $1000 I could deal with, though.

So far no barrel wobble and no motor whine but I have only put about two magazines through it, I am running it on a King Arms 8.4v 1600mAh mini. As far as magazine fitment goes, ProArms MidCaps are a tight fit and some will jam, old Marui lowcaps fit fine but just like the M-Version PMAG does not drop clear under its own weight.

AFAIK I have the highest serial number so far.

Would it be $1000 or less? If it is a lot more than $1000, I would have a hard time justifying its purchase. Less than $1000 I could deal with, though.

I have no idea on the final price TBH, and I wouldn't want to conjecture at this point. I think once the accessories start coming out and we get a feel for their MSRP, we'll have a better idea of how much a (still very hypothetical) deluxe box set would cost.

It's not only a cost factor (though that is a significant concern as the folding stock costs a lot more to make than the non-folding version). It's also configured that way as the ACR/Masada was designed with that particular default configuration when Magpul Industries finalized the project and handed it over to Bushmaster and Remington.

I see what you're saying, I did consider mentioning the RS weapon's influence but I figured in the current airsoft market price was probably the more prominent concern. My primary point though was focused on the short/railed version, that's the one that'd really sell. Personally, the site I play at I'd want the 14.5" barrel as I want maximum range and accuracy (though something like a 12" would be awesome), I also think the plastic handguard is far better since it's far lighter and you can mount pretty much anything you want on it just the same as the tri-rail unit. However, as previously mentioned, there are a *suitcase* load of people out there wearing multicam (excuse the stereotype) who are purely interested in rails and CQB length barrels, probably with the folding stock purely for the higher gucci factor and the 5.56 lower to work with all their M4 mags. If there was going to be any new options released for OOB configs, that one would sell.

Adding 3-4 AK mags in with the AK ACR would probably be a savings over buying them separately ... but some people already get freaked out when looking at the price of the standard ACR. Whatever the price of the AK ACR turns out to be, I'm not convinced people can rationalize a potentially $60+/- increase for 3-4 AK mags. It would be a savings, but I think people would look at the price tag and go OMG, WTF!?!!

Depends how intelligent you assume the majority of the market is really. I can only look at it from my point of view, in that I know if I were to buy the 7.62 lower I am 100% going to also buy 3-4 mags to go with it, and therefore packaging it all together to save me money on the purchase price and shipping would be very welcome. You're quite right, the average guy not look any further than the price tag, then again I'd say perhaps airsofters are more often the kind of people to look in to great detail when it comes to anything they're considering purchasing, tricky one.

Looks like the Pinoy group has got pics of the internals (i.e. mechbox opened) :-

[source]

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?p=916323

GB2.jpg

GB5.jpg

GB4.jpg

GB3.jpg

In addition, it seems RS version, Bushmaster Folding Stock is being sold for $150. I wonder if this will be a marker of how much the PTS version will be :-

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/08/31/bushmaster-now-selling-acr-accessories/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=acr

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=11

Edited by AnakChan

First three rounds out of that barrel prone unsupported at around 30' were I'd say a 2.5" group, after that I dumped several mags without checking, I zero'd my optics today and I shot I'd say a 1.75" group at the same distance with the same BBs (Bioval .2s.) The trigger makes for nice accurate shots due to its short pull and lack of resistance, the response time and ROF on my 8.4v is pretty good, overall I am VERY happy with this gun.

Has anyone tried swapping out the hopup nub? Mine doesn't affect the BBs enough. I'm not entirely sure how to access the hopup.

You need to pop out the hopup arm to get to it properly. there's a small spring and the Figure-8 nub in there. you can either replace the arm with a regular m4 type one or glue a new nub in place instead. if you just sit it in there it tends to sink into the groove for the figure-8 nub.

Received a package from airsoftgi.com today containing a brand new Masada.

#1437 - Black

My initial impressions of this gun are very good. Extremely high build quality, solid (and very nifty) design, no barrel wobble. I like how easy they made it to switch the side that the charging handle goes on. DVD / Paper owner's manuals are very nicely done. I'll wire it to Deans on Sunday and install a new piston head / bearing spring guide. It seems like this one was definitely worth the wait.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread as well (especially the gentlemen who've taken the time out of their day to break the gun down and comprehensively review it). It's certainly been interesting to see the response from the international airsoft community as these have become available. Let's hope that the design continues to hold up well over time and that we continue to enjoy our PTS Masada ACRs for years to come!

Edited by JJNance

You need to pop out the hopup arm to get to it properly. there's a small spring and the Figure-8 nub in there. you can either replace the arm with a regular m4 type one or glue a new nub in place instead. if you just sit it in there it tends to sink into the groove for the figure-8 nub.

Understood. My problem is more to do with not being sure on how to actually access the hopUp arm since it's bolted into the upper receiver in a non-traditional manner. What needs to be unscrewed, pins popped out, etc to access it once you have the lower and upper receivers separated?

I just got around to chronoing my gun again.

If I'm not mistaken, with my parts box spring and the stock piston/piston head...my gun was shooting 356-358 fps.

As I have mentioned in my previous post a few pages ago, I replaced my piston/piston head with a tokyo marui one.

I didn't touch the hop.

I did however stretch the marui piston heads o ring to get better compression. The stock piston head and o ring had good compression (with just the air nozzle letting air leak).

According to the chrono (xcortech 32000, my masada is now shooting 366-369 with .20g bbs which meant that I gained as much as 13 fps. By replacing the piston/piston head.

Understood. My problem is more to do with not being sure on how to actually access the hopUp arm since it's bolted into the upper receiver in a non-traditional manner. What needs to be unscrewed, pins popped out, etc to access it once you have the lower and upper receivers separated?

ya just pop out the arms axel pin and the circlip thats holding in the adjustment wheel. with those out the arm just lifts out the top. :)

Man, it's only been a week since I put in my pre-order and I'm going crazy. eHobbyAsia said it'll be another month till they get the FDE models in.

Yeah, they told me that, I got all sad and depressed(well not so much on the last part). 3 days later I get an email saying my Masada just shipped :blink: I certainly didn't look that gift horse in the mouth :D

Also, the PTS masada is epic win because it can fit an 11.1v 35c 2200mah battery in the handguard, if you make the config like: - = (one cell separate from the other two)

I had CHBP make one up for me a year ago for my now sold A&K, but the A&K was too small to fit the battery and the wire poking out at the angle it was(something I forgot to account for when getting the battery). Glad I held on to it for so long.

The battery: http://cheapbatterypacks.com/?apage=prodpage.asp&invid=Elite2200-35C-3s&sid=581078&bc_menuid=83F78CFEB3 (unfortunately is OOS, you can most probably find it elsewhere).

Now, if only I had a working DVD *grumble* *grumble* <_<

And are anyone else's pins all rough and the paint worn off, OOTB? And it turns out the rattle is because the pin is to small for the pin hole (or rather, the pin hole is to large for the pin) creating an annoying small amount of rattle, but with the aforementioned battery installed, because its so snug a fit, it stops this.

Edited by Vercingetorix