MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I took the ACR out back the house last night and fired a magazine of tracers off to get a visual sense of how the hop-up is, and to do some general testing.

The hop-up was throwing bbs heavily to the right. I cranked the hop-up and distance increased, but the bbs kept swinging right.

I found that setting the hop-up to high wouldn't over hop my bbs, it would just slow them down and decrease distance. I brought the hop down a bit at a time and found a sweet spot that seemed to remove the right hand swing and give me a good distance.

As recommended, I am going to replace the hop-up bucking with some Guarder 50% and see if that helps. I also have some H Nubs coming soon that I might try and fit as well, but I am concerned that it might push me over the 1J limit and might not be compatible anyway.

After coming in last night I figured I would grab the camera and take some video. I turned the hop-up off and didn't have the sights zeroed in. I was trying to put all bbs from a set in one spot, rather than try and hit the target dead center.

Here's the video...

Here is the target after about 50 rounds.

AccTest.jpg

I missed three shots in the red group (they hit the right side of the frame), and the first shot of the blue set (it hit low).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Thanks, that is good to know as I have a regular Angel .9J in there now and I am getting 96 m/s (315 fps).

Is anyone able to provide a step by step on how to swap out and get at the hop-up. I know it has been discussed a few times already, but I haven't yet read anything and though that I felt I could do it based on those discussions. If someone walked me through it, I would be willing to put together another video showing others how. Thanks

The hop-up was throwing bbs heavily to the right.

Look back a few pages and read what sacairsoftsnoopy did to fix that issue. It's an easy fix if you or someone you know has done work on aeg's in the past or just understand how to fix things. smile.gif

Basically the foward hop assembly/outer barrel is twisted to the left making the bb's "hop" to the right. The unit just needs to be re centered.

Its actually twisted to the right (so shots curve to the right). I ended up having to turn the inner barrel/hop bucking to the left to get a centered hop effect.

The hop unit is attached to the trunnion. To get to the hop unit, you'll need to punch the roll pins out and take out 8 screws a believe. I've never done it before though it looks like that's what needs to be done.

I'm awaiting mine in FG.

Can anyone tell me if I can fit an Extrem-fire Cheetah MOSFET in the handguard along with a 8.4v or 9.6v mini battery?

(Or if I could do that with any other battery, like a 9.6v nunchuck? anything but a lipo, I"m not going there yet).

As for recommended upgrades, I'm thinking in this order...

1) hi-quality hop-up bucking

2) MOSFET

3) TBB

4) hi-power spring (just to try for fun since it's cheap/easy to swap).

5) Piston/Head (this is down the line)

Why would you need to replace the barrel in order to use lipos? Or the gears and motor, for that matter?

The gun is equipped with a microswitch trigger, so, no.

But would it work with one? I want a MOSFET so I can program it for 3-round bursts (as well as be able to adjust motor speed, active breaking, etc...).

So how could you make this more accurate? I would rather have an accurate and rangeful aeg then a nice looking one that performs ###### out of the box.

Read through the past 7-10 pages. If you don't find the answer, re-read again. If you don't find the answer, re-read again. Little things about the gun are being addressed.

Has anyone else had this type of damage to the weapon from releasing the front sight?

I have employed it 3 or 4 times and noticed this the other day...

Its a wear point. I leave mine up all the time. If I ever put it down, I support the front sight so it doesn't spring and slam into the upper rail.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I feel rather stupid asking but is there a way out of the box to sling this thing leftie? there is only one socket on the right side and the socket on the stock does not appear to be removable. Kind of the only disappointing thing about the gun.

Its removable abd can be stuck over to the other side...

I feel rather stupid asking but is there a way out of the box to sling this thing leftie? there is only one socket on the right side and the socket on the stock does not appear to be removable. Kind of the only disappointing thing about the gun.

Watch the video from eHobbyAsia. They demonstrate it @ 2:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Kc76mFtc4

Has anyone else had this type of damage to the weapon from releasing the front sight?

Yup, mine had the same thing, as Snoopy said, it's a wear point, you can always add a little rubber adhesive I guess if you want to protect it.

Btw, my gun is going back to eHobby Asia who said they will confirm the defect before sending me a new one, hopefully this can be all done fast, but they have been very helpful in their explanations and straight forward. Looking forward to getting it replaced...

...The upper receiver also has an annodized finish which is chip/flake/and scratch resistant which in turn preserves the gun's look...

*pic*

Wow, I thought the ACR uppers are anodized and that looks obviously

like it´s just paint (a wearing anodized surface does not look like this)...

I guess PTS did that cause it´s easier that way to achieve that spot-on

matching colours from lower to upper receiver but I hope,

at least the black ones are really (hard)anodized.

Can anyone with a black ACR confirm that?

...however, I will buy it anyhow :wub:

DOC

Personally, I would not risk getting a cracked gearbox as there's no replacement available. The piston and gear set, you can replace...but not the gearbox shell.

You referring to my post on a spring upgrade?

I'm just wondering what I can do to get this baby up to at least 400 fps... just a little extra umph.

(Granted the spring I mentioned was a little hard).

Ok snoopy, a quick question do you suggest a certain hop-up rubber, and a certain mosfet/lipo? It wouldnt crack the gearbox shell would it (the lipo)? As there is no replacement parts? And what parts did you find weak on your gun, if any? Thats it, if you can answer me these ill be getting my from rwa (they have them in stock).

I guess I'll have to edit the review some more. :P

ahadsz-

Yes. No. No. No. No.

The parts I didn't like were due to preference more than anything. I would recommend having your gun set up like mine. I will however not recommend against keeping the gun as it is. If it breaks, it breaks.

I have my gun setup to where I am comfortable running the gun however hard I want without fear of it going down on me in a game.

-----------------------------

anonimouse9

Get a TM Piston set installed in your gun then use the stock spring. You should get around 400 FPS out of the gun then. If you don't, sticking in a Guarder SP110 spring will surely get you there.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py