MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

-----------------------------

anonimouse9

Get a TM Piston set installed in your gun then use the stock spring. You should get around 400 FPS out of the gun then. If you don't, sticking in a Guarder SP110 spring will surely get you there.

Cool, thanks.

Not sure if anyone was able to answer this yet... if using a 9.6v mini (2000mAh), would I still be able to squeeze in an Extreme-Fire cheetah MOSFET?

I'd like to pre-order one instead of waiting until I get the gun and measuring.

Also Snoop - a few more questions:

1) what ammo do you run with this gun, .25's, or recommend something lighter?

2) Does the manual say what size barrel (diameter, not length). I'm thinking off getting a 6.03 TBB.

3) You didn't change the bucking? I was thinking of a systema one. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=24636

Also, now that I see the pics, I'm so glad I changed my order for a Foliage Green model.

Though I'll be sharing black mags with my M4, but I guess it doesn't matter since I'll be using camo-tape.

Edited by anonimouse9

curse you snoop, I cant find it, its too long my brain hurts, why cant you just tell me rolleyes.gif

You will find it if you keep reading. Then maybe you'll find answers to other questions you might have. Why can't I just tell you? Cause I honestly do not like repeating myself. I take time and do my best to go into detail as best I could when writing posts. If I feel like I have addressed a particular issue before then I will not respond to the question with regard to it. In your case, I posted something to help you help yourself.

-------------------------

Anonimouse9-

I run .25g BBs with anything that shoots under 300 FPS.

The manual does not specifically say the inner barrel's bore. I could double check again later. I could also ask a friend later tonight (if he's available) to find out what the bore is using his caliper. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of tightbore barrels. Unless a gun has a really crappy barrel like those in the CA Sportline series, then I will leave the inner barrel stock. IMO, wind and the quality + weight of BBs has more of a say on accuracy/precision more than a tighter bore barrel.

If you read my review, you'll see which bucking I'm currently running. Using a TM hop bucking, I was not getting enough hop for .25g BBs.

No idea about the mosfet as I am not running it. I am thinking about it though :P

thanks oniomous i must have passed it a lot of times but never noticed...mellow.gif, oh and snoopy i am on budget would it be ok to use star p-mags or should i get the legit version pmags? Oh and what gram bb do you suggest, and I guess ill get the same upgrades as you, and do they have eg1000 motor in short type or is there a quieter motor?

Edited by ahadsz

thanks oniomous i must have passed it a lot of times but never noticed...mellow.gif, oh and snoopy i am on budget would it be ok to use star p-mags or should i get the legit version pmags? Oh and what gram bb do you suggest, and I guess ill get the same upgrades as you, and do they have eg1000 motor in short type or is there a quieter motor?

Look 4 posts up. :blink:

Edited by anonimouse9

I figured it out... I'm sending tomorrow my ACR back to eHobby Asia, but looking at the review of Scuffer one last time picked my attention on a detail: washers on the barrel's quick release system.

Here is my finding and what I sent to Magpul PTS, included picture of my barrel.

[...] Nevertheless, since no one else even mentioned about any play at all in the barrel, I investigated my model, and here is what I found: My barrel is missing two washers. If you look at the attached picture, and compare the explosive view of the Magpul PTS Masada ACR, you will see that between the C21 QCB Lock Ring and the C23 Operation Rod Block parts, are supposed to be two C22 Lock Ring Washers, which are missing in my case... This explains the wobble, and the over screwing necessary to stop the wobbling. [...]

IMAG0236.jpg

So here you go, somehow my model is missing two washers... not really cool, but at least it's not a problem going back to the drawing board.

• Like 1