MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Are these things really that bad OOTB?

Its not what it seems to be. More like personal preference. The person who stripped their piston was due to the use of a LiPo.

I noted early on that the second to the last tooth of the piston was not shaved. Shaving down part or the whole of the second to the last tooth is necessary when doing higher speed setups. Did the person who stripped his piston shave the second to the last tooth? I don't know.

People posting the list of upgrades they plan on doing to the gun is not because the stock parts are faulty. Its probably due to personal preference. I posted what I installed in my MAGPUL PTS Masada and why I picked those parts so I can share my findings/results with those parts. The people on the forums seem to have taken the liking to my findings (thus seeing people post that they will be installing the Guarder 50/clear hop bucking and parts similar to my setup).

The gun works great out of the box. Use of a 9.6v 1600mah NIMH battery on the gun shouldn't give you durability issues. The stock hop bucking (while not stellar) is fine. It provides adequate hop for .20g and .25g BBs.

I highly suggest reading through the whole thread as there's a lot of info that people have shared about the gun before making any conclusions. :)

I've been reading the thread from the start, but I didn't think anything indicated the need for the level of upgrades I've been reading about recently.

You've illuminated the preference side for me - so thanks. I just hope nobody thinks these things need to be upgraded to shoot right.

They certainly do not need any form of upgrades to be more than skirmishable, mine did just fine at an outdoor game against guns slinging bbs at much higher velocities (400 w/ .25 vs my 350 with a .2), I'm not about to mess with my gun yet once spare barrels and gearboxes are available I'll start to tinker.

If the $64 of shipping wasn't enough, customs decided to charge me $28.40 because they had to mess with my gun. Luckily everything was in place and the gun works fine.

With a 9.6v mini battery, the crisp trigger response puts a ear to ear *suitcase* eating grin on my face. This gun is fun to shoot. Time to play dress up and take pictures.

IMG_1838.jpg

Are these things really that bad OOTB?

From what I hear, and the other responses before me, the gun OOTB is pretty darn good.

Even the low mid 300's FPS is perfect for my field.

However, given that it's an expensive gun, and will be the upper end of my collection, I want to trick the sucker out to be all it can be.

What kind of bushing should i get for this gun btw?

NONE. From what I hear, and SNoop's review... they don't need to be replaced.

TO the rest of you.... I hate you all !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

AirsoftGI is still reporting that mine won't get in my hands until late October.

I'm praying I have it before a special event at my field around the same time.

Edited by anonimouse9

If you want some bushings/bearings, ebaybanned sells them for under $10 (shipped). Not sure what the quality will be like, but so long as you're not shooting over 400 FPS and have the gun shooting 30 rounds a second, those things should last a good while.

I might actually downgrade my gun again (just the spring). I'll see. LoL!

Ouch, as it too high?

For 70, you could turn your Masada into a CQB Gun.

At least they are starting to show the other accessories.

Eric

Ouch as in you're already spending $450 on the gun, not even counting shipping, and then $70 on top of that adds up to one hell of a pricey CQB gun

I'm surprised it's that cheap myself. I was under the impression it was going to be a lot more expensive given how much more complicated they are than the fixed stock and how much more labor intensive they were to make. They're a lot cheaper than the real deal from what I recall.

I'm surprised it's that cheap myself. I was under the impression it was going to be a lot more expensive given how much more complicated they are than the fixed stock and how much more labor intensive they were to make. They're a lot cheaper than the real deal from what I recall.

I agree. I was actually expecting for the folding stock to be around $150, so $70 seams very reasonable to me.