MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I picked up my Magpul ACR in FDE yesterday at AEX (2010-09-10) - Serial Number 01650.

The overall construction of the gun is incredibly solid and the gun was clocking in at around 351 FPS. Immediately after my purchase, I went straight to Hollywood Sports Park in Bellflower for their Friday Night Airsoft games to field my new toy. Performance was very respectable with 0.25g bb's and I was surprised by the modest ROF and trigger response I was getting with the 7.4v Socom Gear battery I was using.

Bottom Line: I am very happy with my purchase and I can't wait for my next outing.

-Shin

Here's a picture from last night - I took off the Orange flashider that came with the gun but I didn't have a CW flashider to replace it with. lol

2010-09-10-pic-01-HSP1.jpg

That is fair, what would you think would be a fair price?

"Fair price" is a very controversial term.

You could ponder on "fair" as based on what a proper markup on produced goods should be before you're fleecing your market.

Most of airsoft pricing isn't fair, but magpull is a worst offender of inflating pricing of what is really a few bucks of plastic/screws, etc....

OR

You could consider "fair" as based upon what the market will bear, meaning that Magpul is a little high, but not by much as we airsofters are suckers enough to pay what they ask, not what we think we should pay (and thus can't put the genie back in the bottle anymore).

Unfortunately, this is the case for real-steel as well. The market lost the battle due to false urgency and supply/demand values.

(Example: the same AK47 RS you buy in the US for $600 you can get in Russia right out of the the factory for $75).

Hey guys, if you preorder one from AirsoftGI today (before 9/13) and use the coupon code "wow" you save about $68 on the $480 purchase. Free shipping, too.tongue.gif

Sounds like about 15% off.

I used the coupon "hot" and got only 10%.

Oh well.

Now, if only they'll finally arrive and ship out!!!

I ordered black, asked them for Foliage, and not rethinking my decision.

On one hand the foliage would go better with my ACU uniform. But the black would mean I could share mags with my existing M4 and not mismatch.

Anyone else had issues with the magazine release? I striped her down earlier to find that the micro switch had been installed incorrectly and the black wire was running out the wrong hole in the gearbox, leading to the mag catch binding on it occasionally and biting through the insulation.

It had the semi auto problem too which is exactly that of the Ares Tavor, the inner piece is binding on the outter piece and the coloured areas are the parts that need a slight shave to allow them to move freely.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4333841586_aa46984a2d_o.jpg

The selector gears were a little out of timing too and caused lockkups occasionally. you have to adjust the selector plate by hand when refitting the gearbox and then make sure the selectors are both pointing where you want them to, I start by moving the plate into the semi position, then the selectors and then refit the gearbox while holding the selector plate and preventing it from moving. Overall the gun isnt as "Magpul" as i would have expected. It feels a lot more Ares, and while i don't know for sure who makes the actual plastics, they aren't of the same quality (looks and feel) as the PTS MOE and MIADs side by side. That said, its nice quality and the selectors are very nice, big improvement over the A&K and the charging lever is solid, but the attention to detail in assembling this is terrible, as is the shim job on the garbox. Its a lot more whiney than i would like.

Have any of the rest of you guys been able to spin the cylinder by hand? i can rotate it and move it forwards and backwards about a millimeter with the upper receiver off. its miles out. ohmy.gif

I fielded mine for the first time this past weekend.

It was great. Even with Japanese power limits, i was having no problems reaching out and touching people :)

I did have some trouble with semi auto and mag release, so I wonder if I don't have some of the issues you are referring to beretta. Every now and again I would go from full auto to semi or full auto to safety to semi, and I wouldn't get any response when I pulled the trigger. I would have to go back to full auto, pop a few rounds, and then go back to semi auto.

I will have to take a closer look at it. Thanks for the link above.

Anyone else had issues with the magazine release? I striped her down earlier to find that the micro switch had been installed incorrectly and the black wire was running out the wrong hole in the gearbox, leading to the mag catch binding on it occasionally and biting through the insulation.

It had the semi auto problem too which is exactly that of the Ares Tavor, the inner piece is binding on the outter piece and the coloured areas are the parts that need a slight shave to allow them to move freely.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4333841586_aa46984a2d_o.jpg

The selector gears were a little out of timing too and caused lockkups occasionally. you have to adjust the selector plate by hand when refitting the gearbox and then make sure the selectors are both pointing where you want them to, I start by moving the plate into the semi position, then the selectors and then refit the gearbox while holding the selector plate and preventing it from moving. Overall the gun isnt as "Magpul" as i would have expected. It feels a lot more Ares, and while i don't know for sure who makes the actual plastics, they aren't of the same quality (looks and feel) as the PTS MOE and MIADs side by side. That said, its nice quality and the selectors are very nice, big improvement over the A&K and the charging lever is solid, but the attention to detail in assembling this is terrible, as is the shim job on the garbox. Its a lot more whiney than i would like.

Have any of the rest of you guys been able to spin the cylinder by hand? i can rotate it and move it forwards and backwards about a millimeter with the upper receiver off. its miles out. ohmy.gif

Wow... more and more it looks like when I receive mine that I'll want to completely disassemble the gun and reassemble with a parts manual to make sure mine is put together correctly. Not happy hearing of all these issues. Maybe I should have bought a VFC SCAR.

My gun had good shimming out of the box. Gears cleared each other and the teeth had as much contact as possible.

Imo, its not so much the gears that whine but the motor.

I replaced my gears before replacing the motor. My systema gear set produced the same whine that the stock gear set did up until I changed the motor...then the slight whine went away.

My cylinder fit the cylinder head snug with no loss of compression when slowly pushing the piston into it while blocking the cylinder head nozzle.

My cylinder does not move back and forth or rotate. It is snug.

Wow... more and more it looks like when I receive mine that I'll want to completely disassemble the gun and reassemble with a parts manual to make sure mine is put together correctly. Not happy hearing of all these issues. Maybe I should have bought a VFC SCAR.

This is why it was important to accept from the start that this was an Ares.

As soon as that was established (quite a while ago, actually, despite very heavy counter-briefing), it put consumers in a position to make more sophisticated decisions about whether to purchase or not and what remedial action would be necessary in the event of a purchase.

Edit: spelling and grammar.

Edited by Bishamon Tiger

This is why it was important to accept from the start that this was an Ares.

As soon as that was established (quite a while ago, actually, despite very heavy counter-briefing), it put consumers in a position to make more sophisticated decisions about whether to purchase or not and what remedial action would be necessary in the event of a purchase.

Edit: spelling and grammar.

I'm still not sold that it's made by Ares, it's damn similar but that could be for a number of reasons though as stated before. It did make me wary though as I'm not an Ares fan so even the similarities bother me a bit, no matter who made the thing it still as the Ares design in parts.

Irrespective of who made it, it is still cosmetically the best Masada ACR rif we can get and for myself and others that makes it worthwhile even if you have to replace a bunch of stuff out the box. If I wanted a gun on reliability alone I'd get a G&P M4 or something, but I don't want one I want a Masada :) Not the most economical but it's not like there is another option if you really must have one and don't like the A&K version.

I'll hold judgement until I have mine but the looks are spot on, the insides can be changed and that's enough for me to pre-order :)

Although I'd love it if I don't have to open the damn thing ever and it just works like a dream :P

So the all around consensus is that it is an Ares. I suppose I wasted my money then as it will probably fail very soon,:rolleyes: I don't know about you guys but I am enjoying the heck out of mine (I just ordered my folding adjustable stock from eHobby) and the only problems I have had were easy to fix. if it breaks i will deal with it

EDIT: i didnt really like the last message

Edited by Carceroth