MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Super not happy with my MASADA today, put battery in, it fires sometimes in semi (cannot hear trigger click when it does not fire), in full auto it fires a 3 to 5 round burst when the lower is in the body out of the body it fires fine in full-auto but still intermitent in semi.

I just can't seem to catch a break with new guns so far.

Sounds like some terrible QC issues with this thing. I'd complain directly to Magpul PTS, maybe they'll rethink their choice of manafacturer for future runs.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Super not happy with my MASADA today, put battery in, it fires sometimes in semi (cannot hear trigger click when it does not fire), in full auto it fires a 3 to 5 round burst when the lower is in the body out of the body it fires fine in full-auto but still intermitent in semi.

I just can't seem to catch a break with new guns so far.

You'll probably need to align the selector cams properly with the selector plate.

On mine, if the selector is in between a setting (between safe and semi or between semi and full), I'm able to pull the trigger but not fire the gun.

?,

Can the selector cams "walk" over time, as the gun did not always do this, it is a recent occurrence.

EDIT,

Pulled the gearbox out, no function of the trigger switch the selector cam in any position. Also Spartan Imports is such fail I have to cover the cost of shipping the gun too and from them so $75 on top of the cost of an already expensive gun just to plink with it a few times and use it in one skrimish. That is complete and utter ######, if I get the gun back and it still has an issue I will never buy any product that Spartan Imports sells ever again, because I sure as hell am not going to ship it cross country again.

Edited by Megalomaniac

You'll probably need to align the selector cams properly with the selector plate.

On mine, if the selector is in between a setting (between safe and semi or between semi and full), I'm able to pull the trigger but not fire the gun.

I noticed this too. The selector must be aligned correctly with the selector plate. It took a little trial and error each time I took the gearbox in and out of the lower.

But it isn't the selector gear/plate sync, as with the the gearbox out of the lower and the plate in any position the trigger still does not click and the gun still does not function, so far I've gotten a very professional e-mail from PTS asking for more info, and I'm rather unhappy with Spartan as until I described the issue I was spoken to in a rather unkind tone. The Receptionist gave me a nasty tone when I stated I had an issue with a MASADA the way she spoke was as if the MASADA is some holy gift unto airsoft that does not ever have issues, until I described the issue then she passed me on to a "tech", who was much nicer and asked if I did basic trouble shooting and then gave me an RMA number.

The Receptionist gave me a nasty tone when I stated I had an issue with a MASADA the way she spoke was as if the MASADA is some holy gift unto airsoft that does not ever have issues...

I guess that's what the customer service staff have been briefed with and I think we all believed it until those early ARES gearbox shots gave the game away.

I wonder does Magpul proper (i.e. not PTS) know about the failings of this product and the damage this may be doing to the parent brand?

I wonder does Magpul proper (i.e. not PTS) know about the failings of this product and the damage this may be doing to the parent brand?

Not sure how this could damage the parent brand, it's two different companies with unrelated businesses. I don't think anyone willing to buy a real ACR is going to think twice just because he read on the Internet that the Airsoft version had minor issues...

But anyway, sorry to hear about this Megalomaniac, and welcome to the club of defective ACRs ;)

Well, 3 weeks and a day after it got into the country I finally got my ACR today after Parcel Force lost it for 3 days!

My number is MPTS00134(I was well chuffed it was such a low number!), I've added my external parts already but not added anything internally so I could see how it goes stock.

So far I have experienced 1 problem only and thats a feeding issue, the cause of which I haven't nailed down yet. Basically it will fire fine then, missfire. The most I've managed to put through it is half a mag before it stops firing all together but if I swing the gun in a downward motion it will then fire again for another 2/3 before dry firing again.

I think it might be a problem with the hop-up but haven't worked out which bit exactly(probably catching on the bucking). The rubber looks to be seated correctly but I haven't taken the inner out and re-fitted it yet. I'll have a go later this afternoon(after the match finishes! :P) and possibly replace the bucking, nub and arm with standard versions.

Externally, the guns a 10/10 as for the rest...well I will hold off on that decision!

Hope you get your issue sorted out. My trigger does not make clicking sounds when I pull it btw.

If it turns out to be a defective switch, its a switch manufacturer issue. I'm not saying PTS should test guns before they send em out but it would be nice if they did.

Problem with microswitches is you can't see the mechanical aspect of the assembly as its encased in a housing...

Will have to check on the said washers. Mine locks in place nicely (with or without it, I don't know...yet.

I doubt they care - as Ycare said, two separate markets. Plus, I think it works better for Magpul PTS that the airsoft community has pretty much accepted this as an ARES.

These are no longer Magpul PTS faults, they are standard ARES faults.

Snopp your trigger does not make a light cliick when you pull it? As when I brought it down to the shop we tested another trigger and it did make a click.

Mine makes no audible click when the battery isn't connected. It just pulls back smoothly. No breaks...no clicks.

It should make a clicking noise yup, unless there's lube or something dumbing down the sound in the switch and making it hard to hear, but the microswitches should definitely make a click sound.

Megalomaniac, it sounds like you are having a trigger switch problem, either the microswitch or the little black piece that presses it inside. could also be debris in the gearbox that is sitting behind the switch, since the microswitch is setup so that pressed means no circuit and released completes the circuit. if there was anything sitting there (wrongly routed negative wire as ive seen) then it would prevent the switch from closing the circuit.

Anyone else find the handguard a bit soft and wobbly? especially further up near the front of it.

is there really supposed to be a GBBR version of this? forgive me if I missed the post about it....I was kind of interested in the aeg but now i'm a little nervous!

I know they've claimed there would be a GBB drop in kit (and they've already fallen through on a number of claims), but from looking over how this rifle is designed and being very familiar with most gas systems out there, I really cant see how this will work out. from what i can see you would need to replace so much of this rifle that you would effectively be buying another rifle. I cant see how the lower will be able to accept this drop in kit, despite being designed to have the gearbox lifted out nice and easily.

That said, Id love to be proved wrong on this, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Has anyone else had to deal with PTS directly yet as I woke up to a mysteriously worded e-mail that makes little sense, here are is a copy of the last e-mail from them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the information, we will arrange that and get back to you asap.

Best Regards,

CUSTOMER SERVICE

MAGPUL PTS

Arrange what? All they have ask for is, where, when, what serial number, what voltage battery, and how much I disassembled it.

Has anyone else had to deal with PTS directly yet as I woke up to a mysteriously worded e-mail that makes little sense, here are is a copy of the last e-mail from them.

Arrange what? All they have ask for is, where, when, what serial number, what voltage battery, and how much I disassembled it.

Probably arrange for a replacement I suppose, or a repair, not sure which.

All the emails I had from Magpul PTS were making sense in my case, and always very professional/courteous. See my post on eHobby Asia's section about this.

######... I get mine tomorrow (Monday), and am super nervous about quality issues heard here.

Anyone have any idea of the failure rates for this sucker?

If I were to return this... what's a comparable SCAR in decent quality and same price?

VFC have the godsend of SCAR's from what I have handled.

• Like 1