MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

######... I get mine tomorrow (Monday), and am super nervous about quality issues heard here.

Anyone have any idea of the failure rates for this sucker?

If I were to return this... what's a comparable SCAR in decent quality and same price?

My G&G scar is lovely and reliable although the externals aren't as good as VFC, internally it's a bit better. I think both are solid purchases though, mine will still be in use after I get the masada :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

######... I get mine tomorrow (Monday), and am super nervous about quality issues heard here.

Anyone have any idea of the failure rates for this sucker?

If I were to return this... what's a comparable SCAR in decent quality and same price?

I don't think there's anything to worry about. I've fired almost 1k rounds now, and my gun is still doing good. I know, it's still new but I have yet to experience anything yet. Though I do put a few factors into play: everything stock internally, using a 9.6V battery and possibly it being a later produced gun (ser# 2161). If you play it safe, things shouldn't go bad.

Edited by WTF?Shane

I don't think there's anything to worry about. I've fired almost 1k rounds now, and my gun is still doing good. I know, it's still new but I have yet to experience anything yet. Though I do put a few factors into play: everything stock internally, using a 9.6V battery and possibly it being a later produced gun (ser# 2161). If you play it safe, things shouldn't go bad.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't panic. Just concerned as this is my first expensive gun (my others are a JG M4 and Echo1 ASR, both <$150).

Especially since every complaint I've heard about so far pertains to bad QC during assembly (aside from Snoop's faulty trigger switch - which unfortunately is the only part you can't really replace right now). While I bought a bunch of new parts for this thing, I plan on running it stock for a while to see how it handles. (Not to mention, I'll have to do all my tech work on a portable table on my field, since I don't have my own chrono, and I want to be able to chrono it with different combo's of upgrade parts). I only wish someone made a drop-in gear-set in 8mm to make life a little easier.

Of all the company's they could have chosen why did they choose Ares? They have such a horrible track record it's so strange when they previously had freakin Systema make their old carbines i mean talk about a quality slide

sytema? Where did you hear that?

Hi guys,

Sorry for the repeat if its all ready been said.

Wanted to know if anyone knew about the barrel? What size is it? (Don't mean the length) Can i fit an accuracy barrel (Madbull Etc) or Does the Masada have a good barrel inside already.

Also Second Question:

To fit a Accuracy Barrel in, how would you do it, unscrew the Hopping Bucket and slide out?

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

Hi guys,

Sorry for the repeat if its all ready been said.

Wanted to know if anyone knew about the barrel? What size is it? (Don't mean the length) Can i fit an accuracy barrel (Madbull Etc) or Does the Masada have a good barrel inside already.

Also Second Question:

To fit a Accuracy Barrel in, how would you do it, unscrew the Hopping Bucket and slide out?

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

It has been, but basically it's 375mm long and the barrel diameter is 6.04mm.

To change it all you need to do is...

a) remove the front hand guard

b ) twist and remove the outter and inner barrel

c) push up the silver part of the gas tube so it comes out then remove it from the top part

d) remove the alan key screw located behind where the pipe was. it's best to push down a little on where the hopup bucking is here to make it easier to remove and watch out when the screw comes out as it has a spring inside on the barrel and it may "ping" out

e) remove the inner barrel and hop part from outter barrel

f) remove the hop, spring, washer, hop bucking and the guide from the inner barrel

g) place on your new barrel and do all these steps backwards :)

I found the main problem on my own gun, the hopup bucking was sitting slightly over the top of the magwell tube in the the hopup and it was stopping the bb's feeding up to be fired. I know others have reported the same problem and had to shave some off their rubber because no amount of re-seating gets it to go correctly.

hopproblem.jpg

Thats the culprit there.

It now feeds correctly with all my other M-Version pmags on single shot, but with the M-Version which came with the gun it still stops feeding halfway through which is strange...

Also it still doesnt feed correctly when on full auto but i'm guessing thats related to the fact I'm using a lipo, its the next thing to sort!

Edited by Squeek
  • Like 1

Question - can someone confirm that I have all parts from this list.

I seem to be missing the black birdcage flash-hider.

- gun/rifle

- fake bullet (used for pushing the pins)

- Manual, CD-ROM, and warranty card

- Magazine with cover plate

- Sites (front/back)

- orange flash-hider (installed)

I ordered from AirsoftGI/ I've heard of other people, ordering from other places have the gun include the black flash-hider.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they took the black one when they opened it up for testing (asgi always test fires your rifle).

Yeah looks like they swapped it out for the US legal orange flash hider. You have everything else that comes with the gun besides a normal hider.

The international one doesn't come with an orange hider at all only the black.

Also mine turned up without the DVD, Fake Bullet and the Manual :( I've been in touch with Redwolf and they in turn have contacted their suppliers to try get me replacements!

Edited by Squeek

It has been, but basically it's 375mm long and the barrel diameter is 6.04mm.

To change it all you need to do is...

a) remove the front hand guard

b ) twist and remove the outter and inner barrel

c) push up the silver part of the gas tube so it comes out then remove it from the top part

d) remove the alan key screw located behind where the pipe was. it's best to push down a little on where the hopup bucking is here to make it easier to remove and watch out when the screw comes out as it has a spring inside on the barrel and it may "ping" out

e) remove the inner barrel and hop part from outter barrel

f) remove the hop, spring, washer, hop bucking and the guide from the inner barrel

g) place on your new barrel and do all these steps backwards :)

I found the main problem on my own gun, the hopup bucking was sitting slightly over the top of the magwell tube in the the hopup and it was stopping the bb's feeding up to be fired. I know others have reported the same problem and had to shave some off their rubber because no amount of re-seating gets it to go correctly.

hopproblem.jpg

Thats the culprit there.

It now feeds correctly with all my other M-Version pmags on single shot, but with the M-Version which came with the gun it still stops feeding halfway through which is strange...

Also it still doesnt feed correctly when on full auto but i'm guessing thats related to the fact I'm using a lipo, its the next thing to sort!

Thank you on the info dude.

Could i install a madball accuracy barrel? would there be much difference, i.e. FPS And Distance.

Thank you about how to install it

Also i've posted about feeding issues.

i'm running a 11v lipo, and in full auto it doesn't feed. what could cause this, the mag or gun?

Edited by kithooton

Feeding issues blink.gif

I have the EMAG, Does anyone have an issue when shooting in full auto? I do run Lipo 11.v, (Single shoot ok, it could be just be that)

Also it seems that i have about 3-4 bb's left that dont go through, but when i pull back the spring stopper (dont know what its called, top of mag) the bb's come out. so spring strength is there, i've silicon it too. they are new too, so maybe some good use may fix it. (or does this occur with mid-caps)

Is this an issue; the same with M version Pmag. Mine still does the same like my Emag. (Pmag come with the gun.)

What Mags would you suggest to use with the PTS Masada other then Magpuls ones.

I can't find any Magpul Hicaps

What fits best and feeds. Pmag (old) Mv Pmag (new)

Thanks Guys

animouse: I believe you have everything. I also didnt get a black flashhider with my rifle, and mine was from a completely different retailer.

Also I recieved my folding stock today from ehobbyasia, and I will say that i like it a lot. Only complaint is that it un-retracts pretty easy when you pull on the back of the stock.

Also it seems that i have about 3-4 bb's left that dont go through, but when i pull back the spring stopper (dont know what its called, top of mag) the bb's come out. so spring strength is there, i've silicon it too. they are new too, so maybe some good use may fix it. (or does this occur with mid-caps)

Is this an issue; the same with M version Pmag. Mine still does the same like my Emag. (Pmag come with the gun.)

This is something that happens with almost all airsoft magazines. It is perfectly normal for there to be a few extra rounds that will just fall out when you take out your mag, and then another one (or maybe a couple more) to be left at the top of the mag.

I can't find any Magpul Hicaps

King Arms makes Pmag hicaps. There are also some ACM/Off-brand companies that make Pmag hicaps. Just look around.

All these QC issues have completely put me off the Masada - I'll stick to Magpul'd M4's, and i think reading through this thread, PTS probably should as well.

Quite dissapointed :(

Have to agree the QC stuff is a little worrying, certainly not something that I envisaged after playing with the pre-production models.

I think it would be interesting to see how many units have been sold now and what the failure rate is per thousand or something, although we have no figures from other AEG manufactorers so the numbers would be pointless and hearsay on reliability would remain rife.

The upshot of it for me is that Magpul PTS are the type of company who will improve the product and will certainly offer a warranty/aftermarket assistance on the Masada - how many other airsoft manufactorers do this, or do this well?

Another point being hopefully that the feedback on things like missing parts/quality control etc will filter back to the companies doing the assembly of this and 'should' improve for future batches/versions etc.

Also just to add to this, can somebody more technically competent that me start the 'Magpul PTS Masada Serial Number' website or database, I think this would certainly help spot any trends and would only need to contain basic info such as - 'Serial No.' 'Colour' 'Name' 'Country' 'Remarks' etc etc

Have to agree the QC stuff is a little worrying, certainly not something that I envisaged after playing with the pre-production models.

I think it would be interesting to see how many units have been sold now and what the failure rate is per thousand or something, although we have no figures from other AEG manufactorers so the numbers would be pointless and hearsay on reliability would remain rife.

The upshot of it for me is that Magpul PTS are the type of company who will improve the product and will certainly offer a warranty/aftermarket assistance on the Masada - how many other airsoft manufactorers do this, or do this well?

Another point being hopefully that the feedback on things like missing parts/quality control etc will filter back to the companies doing the assembly of this and 'should' improve for future batches/versions etc.

I'm really hoping PTS pick up on all these issues and improve them, but there's still a few things that'd hold me back from spending the £400 on one;

Firstly; ARES internals - I really don't understand why PTS went with ARES considering their previous reputation - Even if the guts are generally okay, a lot of people (me included) will be put off by the fact it's an ARES internally. When they've got G&P producing their MOE carbines now, why not have them do the Masada box as well? I'm sure that'd put a lot more people at ease.

Secondly - QC, which is an obvious one. For something this hyped up, that was supposed to be the ultimate AEG, i can't understand how PTS could have possibly risked custom by allowing models out of the factory with missing parts and issues out the box.

Lastly - The price. For something that costs £400, i can't excuse the faults. I'm sure plenty of people's Masadas are fine, but £400 is a lot of money to gamble with; Especially so considering in a lot of cases, £400 or a little over will buy you two M4's, or two Mp5's, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the PTS is clearly going to sell to people who have to have a Masada - But £400 will buy an awful lot of proven, reliable gun. The modularity aspect isn't unique either; Say for example the Masada, the adjustable stock, 2 barrel sets and the RIS system cost around £650 - For £650, you can get a G&P M4, an extra metal body kit, a longer outer/ tightbore inner barrel and a rail system, and a CTR stock, and some extra accessories - Which gives you a modular platform for the same money with extra cool bits and spare parts left over to sell and recover some costs or spend on additional sighting. Sort the gearbox for 330fps for CQB, and with the longer tightbore in the longer upper assembly, you'll have a little extra poke for woodland.

The Masada is a great concept, but i really don't think it's as ground-breaking as it's touted to be. All this is of course my opinion, and everyone's going to see things differently - Especially huge fans of the Masada - I just don't think it's turned out to be as amazing as we were led to believe.

Which is a shame, because it looks frikkin' awesome :(