MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

As far as the ARES comment goes the latest rumor is that it is an ARES design but G&P are doing the actual manufacturing.

So why ARES hop rubbers instead of G&P ones? No G&P hop rubber is manufactured translucent; Why would they go and make a proprietary hop rubber that looks exactly like one manufactured by ARES?

• Like 1

Update on my problem of not feeding correctly when fired on full auto!

It seems as though the problem is with the Zero one .25 bbs I was using in it. I switched to some higher quality .2s and it works flawlessly on both Full and Semi, shame as I haven't had any problems with the rounds in my M4 or my M14 and I have about 30,000 left to go through! Looks like I will have to get some new ammo especially for the ACR!

Will try get hold of some other .25s to make sure its not the weight causing problems and is the quality!

Here's some ###### quality photo's to!

img0612y.jpg img0613il.jpg

Edited by Squeek

I've been using TSD .28g BBs and Toytec .25g BBs through my gun. They feed great :P

Wish people would just stop cluttering this thread with whoever made this and that and concentrate more on addressing particular issues with the gun.

I replaced a bit of parts in my PTS Masada ACR with ones that I like (not because the stock parts crapped out). Gun was shooting fine on semi and full auto with an 11.1v 1200mah 25C lipo when the gun was stock but I didn't like the slight whine. I've since switched to using 9.6v 1600mah NIMH mini battery. My gun is still chugging...no firing issues.

• Like 2

Maybe just the gearbox is G&P and the rest is subcontracted to other companies? I wont say where I got my info from but following the chain it seems legitimate and short of following trucks around china I don't think we really have a way of confirming.

No way this is G&P. I owned 2 G&P which I fully opened, and there is a clear trend that differentiates G&P from others, which I didn't find in this ACR. On the other hand I do own an Ares, and it looks (and sounds) suspiciously similar.

• Like 3

Wish people would just stop cluttering this thread with whoever made this and that and concentrate more on addressing particular issues with the gun.

I replaced a bit of parts in my PTS Masada ACR with ones that I like (not because the stock parts crapped out). Gun was shooting fine on semi and full auto with an 11.1v 1200mah 25C lipo when the gun was stock but I didn't like the slight whine. I've since switched to using 9.6v 1600mah NIMH mini battery. My gun is still chugging...no firing issues.

+1

Plenty of people chatting about their Masadas now, how about some pimped pictures aswell? ;)

Also anybody made that serial number website yet?............

• Like 1

If yours A UK user of the Masada.

What Type of BB would you use, where would i purchase it from.

Still having feeding issues on full auto, or should i just accept lowering the battery. 11v Lipo to 9.6 or 8.4 mini

PTS say use a 8.4v, I used and will continue to use a 7.4v lipo - I'd just accept using a lower voltage battery more fitting to the UK power limits and internal set up of the gun tbh.

BB wise I used THESE 0.2gs and THESE in 0.25gs did not have any problems with either.

• Like 1

PTS say use a 8.4v, I used and will continue to use a 7.4v lipo - I'd just accept using a lower voltage battery more fitting to the UK power limits and internal set up of the gun tbh.

BB wise I used THESE 0.2gs and THESE in 0.25gs did not have any problems with either.

Awesome. Think i'm gonna try different types of lipo/battery and see if that changes the feeding issues. But if the 7.4 Lipo Does the Trick, Not much Money to Buy one. tongue.gif

Also wanted to know.

Can i fit Madbull Hop-up 3&1, Tracer Unit.

Does the King Arms Hi Cap mag Fit and Feed with the Masada. Are there any other Hi-cap Mag, Tokyo Marui M4 mag?

I'm really disappointed in all these poor reviews of the masada. I'm in the market for a new AEG and was really hoping this would be it. I've also heard that ARES has drastically improved their parts. Somebody please convince me to buy this gun, lord knows i want to.

Buy it.

Its Bloody Solid, No wobbles and i feel like its so hard to brake. Also the benefits of changing the Spring FPS, Externals, Wood or CQB with out going to a shop and Paying a man to do it.

Change the internal, Extra £200 prometheus set wink.gif

Buy it.

Its Bloody Solid, No wobbles and i feel like its so hard to brake. Also the benefits of changing the Spring FPS, Externals, Wood or CQB with out going to a shop and Paying a man to do it.

Ok, none of that post made any sense. What?

Buy it.

i just feel like i could find a cheaper gun with better internals (i.e. kwa m4 sr10)

i could take that extra 200 and do some serious customization

Ok, none of that post made any sense. What?

Looking at it, your right, Drunk.

Does yours not have and movement in the hand guard? i found it a little on the soft side, especially up front and there is movement. anyone else have this?

And No, its solid

i just feel like i could find a cheaper gun with better internals (i.e. kwa m4 sr10)

i could take that extra 200 and do some serious customization

True. But i Can't go back to an M4 as i'm worried it isn't solid. Unless the M4 is using Daniel defence RIS.

Finally heard back from PTS, they contacted Spartan Imports on my behalf and are the ones who arranged for the parts and labour to be done by my local dealer, hence not having to ship my bloody gun to California for work.

Well it's nice to know that even with issues like this they are sticking by the warranty and sorting it out, although I'd prefer the issues didn't exist in the first place....

Is there really a desire for the users/ serial numbers database?

If so, I will make one. Dont want to do it if someone already is.

If no one else is on it I will put one together this weekend.

DO IT!

I would much appreciate such a service, I'd say it needs:

-Serial Number

-Source

-Color

-Remarks

-Defects

-Warranty Work

-Name/Forum Name

-Country

Certainly would be useful to have all this information in one nice and easy to see format online, with people emailing their data for it to be added or something.