MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

so what would you need to do to make the masada's internals match the quality of the exterior?

Honestly, what I ended up replacing parts from my MASADA with what I have been using for a long time. I constantly hear about broken gears, messed up pistons and what not.

From experience, I've never blown TM pistons and Systema gears for the applications I put them through.

One of my AEG's shoots 33-34 rounds a second and has not crapped out on me on sustained fire (holding down on 170 round mags til its empty repeatedly). For the rest of my previous AEG's, I don't push them that hard. Personally, I stick with 9.6v batteries so I can hold down on the trigger without worrying about anything going poof. If I ever use an 11.1v lipo, its for something that I will be shooting on semi auto for majority of the time.

Where I play, using a 9.6v 1600mah NIMH mini battery is sufficient to my needs. At the same time, I don't worry about wearing down my piston, gears, bushings/bearings as fast.

The only gun that I have had something go wrong with was a CA 249. I put through about 500,000 rounds through it. The only thing that I have broken in it were one tappet plate spring and one tappet plate. The tappet plate that broke on me I suspect was from a combination of being shot too much, leaving the gun "cocked", and storing it in the garage over the summer when temperatures would reach over 110 degrees fahrenheit.

-------------------------------

Mega-

hopefully the Magpul Masada ACR registry will work so we can see what issues the gun has. Unfortunately, a lot of people

"upgrade" the gun and do not keep them stock. Still, outer barrel issues can not really be upgraded.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Hmm I noticed a new problem. My charging handle piece just came off. I have no idea how this had happend. I had my gun stored for a few weeks and i took it out and it fell off!! I look ath the top of the gun rails and saw the hole where the pin would push the handle piece up but it doesnt. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Pictures? Not sure what you mean here :blink:

• Like 1

Hmm I noticed a new problem. My charging handle piece just came off. I have no idea how this had happend. I had my gun stored for a few weeks and i took it out and it fell off!! I look ath the top of the gun rails and saw the hole where the pin would push the handle piece up but it doesnt. Anyone have any solutions to this?

When you close the bolt, do you hit the bolt release and let the bolt "slam" forward?

Got mine Tuesday of this week from ASGI, serial # 01618 inFDE. First impressions were "wow this thing is sweet" then it started going downhillfrom there. I wish I found this thread first before buying mine. I'm not sure if I would have gotten one or at leastit would have prepared me instead of having high hopes for it. Some of myissues below are mute but for the price, I was expecting much more than what I got.

1. Flash hider. I knew it only came in plastic since I'm purchasing it from a US retailer but a clockwise thread? Luckily the flash hider I bought has both CW & CCW (adaptor).

2.MADE IN HONG KONG. Again, I believe because mine was from a US retailer, it came with a MADE IN HONG KONG engraved on to the upper receiver just below the FOR TRAINING AND SIMULATION USE ONLY on the right side below the ejection port.

3.Polymer Body/Seam lines. I don't know why this gets a 10/10 from post made on this thread. From experience on Magpul PTS accessoriesthe seam lines are pretty clean. This on the other hand have areas where you can clearly see where it was cut from the mold. Most notable ones are in the bottom of the front hand guard. You can see small, flat, un-textured, lightly colored squares. I was expecting it to be much cleaner. Black versions may not be as noticeable.

4.Barrel wobble. Mine OOTB seemed rigid. Maybe just a hint of wobble. After reading this thread, I figured I'd check it and removed the outer barrel. Upon reinstalling the barrel, I have to move the lever further than center (2 clickspast center) where it used to be centered before, to get it to cinch down.

5.Standard PMAGs. This must have been the biggest downer. My PMAGs will not fit no matter how I tried to slam it an as suggestedby another member (pages 30+ of this thread). I later found a fix for this and am including pictures & a description below to hopefully help others here.

I took measurements comparing my PMAGs and the MMAG that came with the gun. Luckily my calipers has a depth gauge as well. Essentially what makes the PMAGs not work is that the depth of the PMAG nozzle is 6mm the MMAG is 7mm and the nozzle inside the magazine well is over 8mm (I don't have the exact numbers as I used a cheap, $2 calipers). Using a folded up sandpaper, I sanded the nozzle in the magazine well down to 7mm. Now my PMAGs works and is tightly in place. It took a lot of time because I didn't want to sand too much where I will have possible feeding issues. It was sand, measure, test and do the process over again.

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0013.jpg

CIMG0010.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0014.jpg

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1

Good info, i found original PMAGs to have the same issue.

I agree with ya on the plastics, their decent quality, but nothing really more than that. they dont have a MAGPUL kinda quality and when switching between my M4 with PTS CTR, MOE, MIAD etc and this Masada, theres a real difference in the quality of the plastics.

• Like 1
I agree with ya on the plastics, their decent quality, but nothing really more than that. they dont have a MAGPUL kinda quality and when switching between my M4 with PTS CTR, MOE, MIAD etc and this Masada, theres a real difference in the quality of the plastics.

I'm really surprised at this.

We know that the internals aren't up to the quality of the Magpul brand, but now it emerges that the plastic which composes most of the rest of the gun isn't up to PTS standards either (and PTS is below the standard of Magpul RS anyway).

That's bizarre.

Beretta - how near is the plastic to Tavor quality, would you say?

I'll have to take photos of my MAGPUL PTS Masada ACR's plastic stuff and compare it to MAGPUL M4 stuff.

Plastic used on the PTS MMAG is very identical to that of the Real Steel Mag. Color is dead on. Just that the "ribs" on the mag are deeper on the PTS than the RS mag.

The plastic on the lower receiver is solid and is not cheap plastic like those found on the CA SCAR.

• Like 1

Could you post pics of " made in hong kong" being engraved on the guns upper receiver? Thanks!

Sn00p, here is the "MADE IN HONG KONG" picture.

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

I'm really surprised at this.

We know that the internals aren't up to the quality of the Magpul brand, but now it emerges that the plastic which composes most of the rest of the gun isn't up to PTS standards either (and PTS is below the standard of Magpul RS anyway).

Color and texture is pretty good. I took pictures side by side with my other Magpul PTS License M4. What I'm griping about essentially is that the way they engineered the mold for the pieces. These are injection molded. They should have designed the passage ways for the polymer to be either where the pieces meet or at the inside where it can not bee seen. Since they have to cut the pieces out from a "tree" it would be flat and they placed this outside where the parts are textured so it is obvious to the eye. Please see last two pics.

CIMG0018-1.jpg

CIMG0019-1.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0031-1.jpg

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares abomination for around £100 less than rrp.

I know fanboys wil flame me and tell me to get off this thread, but I was one of the guys who was really keen to upgarde to the magpul masada after having the A&K, but I am so glad I saved the cash.

• Like 3

5.Standard PMAGs. This must have been the biggest downer. My PMAGs will not fit no matter how I tried to slam it an as suggestedby another member (pages 30+ of this thread). I later found a fix for this and am including pictures & a description below to hopefully help others here.

I have 5 old PMAGS that have been fine with my ACR. used them at a game with no feeding or loading issues at all...except them being a little tighter to fit.

I have a non-US version, meaning mine doesn't say made in Hong Kong on the side.

I wonder if there is a slight difference to the magwell between the versions.

• Like 1

4.Barrel wobble. Mine OOTB seemed rigid. Maybe just a hint of wobble. After reading this thread, I figured I'd check it and removed the outer barrel. Upon reinstalling the barrel, I have to move the lever further than center (2 clickspast center) where it used to be centered before, to get it to cinch down.

Mmmh, I take you are missing the 2 washers too?

I would have advised you to bring the barrel issue to Magpul PTS before actually starting sanding, but I guess it's too late now.

Be careful though, you seem to have the same barrel issue than mine did, and it doesn't get any better. Every time you will remove and place back the barrel, you'll have to screw it a little further each time to stop the wobble.

• Like 1

Mmmh, I take you are missing the 2 washers too?

I would have advised you to bring the barrel issue to Magpul PTS before actually starting sanding, but I guess it's too late now.

Be careful though, you seem to have the same barrel issue than mine did, and it doesn't get any better. Every time you will remove and place back the barrel, you'll have to screw it a little further each time to stop the wobble.

Yes, I am 2 washers, missing part #C22. I took you advise and sent Magpul PTS an email requesting for the missing parts.

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1

Mine actually is centered. I need to put a little torque behind it (not too much) to get mine centered. It won't budge farther than the centered setting.

It shouldn't be like that at all. The gun is still under the 30 day warranty no?

Sn00p, does yous have missing washers as well (Part # C22).

• Like 1

I'll check when I get home from work.

My "barrel nut" stays centered though. Its not loose or anything. Barrel will only wobble if you wobble it on purpose (that is have your fingers moving the barrel on purpose). If you shake the gun, it doesn't budge.

SN: 1170

IMG_2336.jpg

No "Made in Hong Kong" etched on my upper receiver.

No doubt dude. There's no way you can get a refund for it? I'm sorry you had to go through all that....

I hope they get things right with the new outer barrel.

I'm sure a lot of people will be getting the 10" outer barrel kits (and will probably ditch their 14.5" barrels). If/When that happens, people with the washer/spacer issue will have spare outer barrel kits available to them.

I must say though, QC is rather disappointing.

I guess I'm one of the people who have been fortunate with the units that have been sent to them.

I'll check when I get home from work.

My "barrel nut" stays centered though. Its not loose or anything. Barrel will only wobble if you wobble it on purpose (that is have your fingers moving the barrel on purpose). If you shake the gun, it doesn't budge.

No "Made in Hong Kong" etched on my upper receiver.

You are one of the lucky ones. My barrel was like yours initially, handle was centered and no noticeable wobble unless wobbled on purpose. That was before I took it off. It was after reading this thread that I decided to take it off. I figured I had to eventually take it off to clean it anyway. . I'm glad I found out sooner than later. The fix is easy, if I had the parts. I'll wait what Magpul PTS has to say but I looks like I'll have to source the parts from a hardware store.

JBS, where did you purchase your ACR from? Great pics also, thanks!

ASGI. From this tread, someone posted that if you do a pre-order you would get 15% off rather than the standard 10%. Just so happened to see it on their website last week that the FDE was in stock so I immediately bought it. Hence the lack of research other than the stuff you see on you-tube.

I sent an email to Magpul PTS about the problems. Here's their reply:

Dear Mr ****

We conduct quality control on every unit we sell. We are aware that a small number of our units have had issues, and that is indeed regrettable. We try to keep track of issues as they occur, be it reported on online forums, or feedback from customers and retailers. Basing opinion purely on internet feedback is tricky. While the internet can be a wealth of information, it doesn't always portray an accurate account of the true statistics behind a product line's reliability. Online forums are a popular conduit for people to vocalize their opinions be it good or bad, but they don't necessarily speak for the thousands upon thousands of customers who have bought and are extremely content with their Magpul PTS ACRs. The ACRs that have had issues still represent less than 1% of the total we have sold so far.

We are confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase. That said, should you encounter any issues covered under our warranty, please contact the retailer you purchased your Magpul PTS product from. The retailer will assess the item to ensure that the issue is covered under the Magpul PTS limited warranty. If it is a legitimate warranty issue, the retailer will advise Magpul PTS of the necessary steps needed to repair the item or in extreme cases in which a repair cannot be made, replacement of the item.

Sincerely,

Magpul PTS

Beretta - how near is the plastic to Tavor quality, would you say?

I'm not Beretta, but the plastic/polymer of the ACR is of much, much, MUCH higher quality then my Ares Tavor. Also, I had to go through with a razor blade to remove a lot of mold marks on my Tavor, while the ACR was completely clean.

Not saying the Tavor is bad, as I'm personally loving it, but they're just not comparable.

• Like 1

AAR:

Just came back from using the Masada for the first time and I am nothing be happy. Running a 9.6 and the only upgrade is a different bucking. The field was Desert Fox CQB which is very close quarters and the Masada preformed amazingly well. Despite it being longer than I'd like for cqb it was very easy to maneuver around corners and bring it up on target. Although the folding stock and shorter barrel should make it just perfect. Rate of fire was great and accuracy was superb. Of course this drew a lot of attention and was at one point commented to be "shooting like a lazer". Only one hiccup occurred where the trigger didn't respond until switched around from safe, semi, auto, and back again. Hopefully it was a fluke and not a more serious problem with the microswitch. I know a lot of people are having issues but I suppose I got lucky cuz this gun is a dream come true. So far at least haha. Also used my new Tachyon XC Micro and got a lot of footage with the Masada in action and hope to have it up in the next few days.