MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Interesting.

- Is the 553 a real 553 or a replica? I have a real 553 and I'll check it on my upper rail.

- Definitely document the mold lines with pictures, etc. It's important to have that evidence available to further investigate it. If the factory casting or cleaning up the casts is dropping the ball, it's important for PTS to know this.

- The plastics to me feel comparable to other Magpul PTS plastics. But that's my thoughts on it. YMMV

- Interestingly, the real ACR has a little bit of flex to it too. I noticed this at SHOT Show this year.

- Regarding the non-compatibility with old PMAGs, I'll have to test my own. I didn't recall there being an issue. So it would be interesting to investigate this some more and report back to PTS on this.

- The motor being whiny, isn't that apparent to me. But it seems this is a YMMV.

All in all, interesting observations. I'm certainly going to look into the production samples I have to make comparisons.

The 553 is a replica. I should have specified that. However, I have no problems fitting it on anywhere I'd like on my G&P M4, KWA M4, KWA G36C, and G&P M14.

The mold lines are very prominent. I'll take some pictures for documentation when I have a chance.

I wish my PMAGs would fit. I'm not at all interested in buying another set up mags just so that I can field my Masada. One of the things that made me buy the Masada over some other AEGs I was considering was because I was counting on being able to use all the PMAGs and STANAGs I already have.

The motor is very comparable to many others. Not terrible, but I felt that I should comment that it does indeed whine.

Edited by Slayer750
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I installed my RS LaRue absolute co witness T1 mount on the MagPul ACR and it fit perfectly. I would say the ACR top rail is very close to "mil-spec".

That being said, if you own a "clone red dot" like Slayer750 553, with any type of throw lever mount, it may or may not fit properly. If needed you can always add some type of shimming material, (brass shim stock) works well between the rail and mount before locking it down.

I installed my RS LaRue absolute co witness T1 mount on the MagPul ACR and it fit perfectly. I would say the ACR top rail is very close to "mil-spec".

That being said, if you own a "clone red dot" like Slayer750 553, with any type of throw lever mount, it may or may not fit properly. If needed you can always add some type of shimming material, (brass shim stock) works well between the rail and mount before locking it down.

It isn't wobble that I'm dealing with. The problem is that it can only clamp down to one spot on the rail, and when trying to mount it on any other part of the rail, one of the clamps will not cinch down.

I realize that this problem likely has more to do with the replica of the 553 and not the Masada, but seeing how it fits with no problems on all of my other AEGs, it is quite aggravating that it doesn't fit onto the Masada.

I totally[...] it will be addressed.

Totally agree with you 200%. PTS was always very professional and did not tell me they would replace it at any point, it was eHobby Asia all along which said so while obviously speaking out of knowledge.

And yeah... the box feels... "tired" after all those shipping, but the AEG is there, and that's all that matters!

The 553 is a replica. I should have specified that. However, I have no problems fitting it on anywhere I'd like on my G&P M4, KWA M4, KWA G36C, and G&P M14.

When I got home from the gym tonight, I looked all over my gear collection for my RS 553 only to finally discover that it was already installed on my ACR. I have no problems installing the 553 nor any of my other optic mounts on the ACR rails. I do recall that the ACR has an accurate Mil Spec 1913 rail, same as the real deal. I'd expect most replica mounts will probably work fine with the ACR. The replica 553s might be severely out of spec ... but the issue hasn't been as evident since most airsoft rails are a little loose and accommodating on tolerances. The 553 is tricky because it has two points of attachment, and the distances between those two points are fixed. If the distance isn't in spec on the 553, it won't work with the ACR. 1913 spec is pretty unforgiving like that.

• Like 1

I got my Masada (SN-MPTS1159) in FDE today. I can't say I got quite what I was expecting. I have read that the Masada is one of the most comfortable and ergonomic AEGs out there, and that it is very nice to shoulder. I have also read that the Masada is one of the most real feeling AEGs out there. I'm not sure I agree with these two statements.

The Problems

-The top rail seems to be a bit strange, as I can only lock my 553 down in certain places.

-There are mold lines everywhere, which kind of disturbs me. It honestly looks like an Echo 1 G36C or something.

-The plastic does not seem to be of the same quality as other Magpul items.

-The barrel and handguard both wobble a bit, which has an end result of making the barrel seem like it wobbles a lot.

-The Masada, as others have reported, does NOT take old version PMAGs. They won't fit into the magwell. G&P M4 midcaps seem to seat fine, though.

-The motor is a bit whiny, not too bad though.

Enjoyable Aspects

-The pistol grip is quite nice, and the position of the fire selector, bolt release, and mag release are nice as well.

-The firing sound is nice despite the motor whine, giving a cool -CLANK- noise with each shot.

As you can seem, I am not 100% pleased with my purchasing. In the beginning I was expecting a LOT. In the past few weeks, my expectations plummeted due to reports on this forum and others. When I opened the box up, my expectations were relatively low, however I was still a bit disappointed.

For $450 plus $75 shipping, one would assume they are buying a very high quality AEG. I don't believe that I have received that... sad.gif

I got to wonder about quality of molds between colors.

I have a black Masada, and after seeing complaints about mold seams I told a good look at mine.

All of my seams are extremely clean, and smooth. Honestly, aside from the fact I think the front site is cheesy (I'd would have preffered another MBUS for the front) I have zero complaints. The gun is ligtht, ergonomic, comfortable, and the plastic seems to be the toughest plastic I've seen on any gun.

As for the cost, yest I expected a little more bang for the buck... but $75 for shipping? Why not buy it from a US store? Granted I paid $480 from ASGI, but with their shipping it was still less than those of you buying it from HK shops.

I didn't know the old PMag's weren't working for people. I skirmished mine the other day and my old PMag's worked beautifully. They actually work/fit even better than the newer PMag that came with my ACR. The fit is rock solid and I haven't had a single hiccup when it comes to feeding. That's really strange.

ea3575cb.jpg

d516fc10.jpg

My dissapointment stems from PTS' lackluster warranty support and from Spartan Imports ever changing story about how and when my gun will be fixed.

As of last night the parts MIGHT be 6 weeks away, but they cannot confirm wether the parts are in that shipment, and so far are resistant to the idea of swapping the gun out for me with a working one.

Mine also has visible, but trimmed down mold lines, but I haven´t really reflected about it since my limited experience with real "modern" military firearms is suggesting that they are produced to pretty much the same aestetic standards, which is "good enough and as cheap as possible".

Older weapons, like a FN MAG from 1958, which is made from steel and wood are often built to completely different standards. At least compared to a 1980's FN FNC, made from molded ABS-plastic, aluminium and spot welded steel made in a fully automated production line.

I got to wonder about quality of molds between colors.

I have a black Masada, and after seeing complaints about mold seams I told a good look at mine.

All of my seams are extremely clean, and smooth. Honestly, aside from the fact I think the front site is cheesy (I'd would have preffered another MBUS for the front) I have zero complaints. The gun is ligtht, ergonomic, comfortable, and the plastic seems to be the toughest plastic I've seen on any gun.

As for the cost, yest I expected a little more bang for the buck... but $75 for shipping? Why not buy it from a US store? Granted I paid $480 from ASGI, but with their shipping it was still less than those of you buying it from HK shops.

The was in quite a bad mood the day I received my Masada. Inspecting the seam lines again today, they don't seem nearly as bad.

As for the cost bit:

$450 (for Masada) + $74 shipping (express; got it one day after it shipped out) - $22.50 (5% eHobby discount) = $501.50 plus I got a free FDE MVG that I would have bought anyways.

If I had bought it from Airsoft GI or Evike, I would have to pay another 10% for tax since I live in California, which pretty much equals things out. The main reason that I bought it from eHobby, however, is because I'm not a fan of Evike's or ASGI's online services. It is very slow and people seem to be *fruitcage*ed over a lot by both companies when purchasing online.

I emailed Airsoft Armoury asking if the Masadas they have in stock are the UK version, this is the response I got:

"Hi,

Magpul have no knowledge of a UK Spec version. We are assuming the UK distributor (Edgar Bros) is changing the wiring due to RoSH compliancy and stamping the 30 day warranty card with their details. We are supply a 12 month warranty ourselves (will still have a 30 day warranty with Magpul), ours have no RoSH compliancy issues and ours dont need a spring change as they are already doing 330-340 fps out of the box.

Kind regards, A2"

Can someone clarify exactly what the 'UK spec' Masada is exactly?

There already seem to be 2 different versions (1 with 'Made in Hong Kong' engraved on the side, 1 without). We have also been told that the UK version will have some sort of holographic sticker, and shoot 328fps.

Edited by Tacitus
  • Like 1

Right I will 100% clear something up for all UK users:-

# NONE of the UK spec Masadas are in the coutry yet, they will be roughly 2 weeks.

# The UK spec model is being made by Magpul PTS in HK, then imported via Edgar Bros. Edgar Bros are not fitting the wiring themselves as stated by Airsoft Armoury. Airsoft Armoury stating that Magpul have no knowledge of the UK spec models is either very reveling about how little they know, or they are try to ###### you due to them stocking grey imports.

# The UK spec model differs on: External and internal paint/finish, wiring, spring and I believe warranty (as in theirs is the only one actually supported by PTS) - this is due to typical UK power limits and RoHS import compliance. The US/HK spec models are not RoHS compliant.

• Like 1

I would appreciate if someone could help me..

Have anybody had any problem with handguard pins? After opening the handguard just about ten times the pin has became loose and is falling off from the AEG...

Any ideas where can I buy a new pin please? ACR is too pretty to have black tape on it!

I would appreciate if someone could help me..

Have anybody had any problem with handguard pins? After opening the handguard just about ten times the pin has became loose and is falling off from the AEG...

Any ideas where can I buy a new pin please? ACR is too pretty to have black tape on it!

Have you lost the retaining clip on the inside of the hand guard? The clip doesn't look anything unique and may be purchased at you local hardware store.