MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Does everybody have those mold lines on their black Masadas?

Just wondering whether there's any link to the colour and the seem/molding issues.

Dark Earth has the same mold lines, but I mean come on... you have to be very close to see them and you can barely feel them with your hands... I don't see really how this is a problem, I think some of us have come to expect a little too much from what is still an airsoft gun, even for 450$. It's not metal, you'll always have molding marks on this kind of imaterial, even the PMAGs have those, look closely!

Dark Earth has the same mold lines, but I mean come on... you have to be very close to see them and you can barely feel them with your hands... I don't see really how this is a problem, I think some of us have come to expect a little too much from what is still an airsoft gun, even for 450$. It's not metal, you'll always have molding marks on this kind of imaterial, even the PMAGs have those, look closely!

I agree, its still an airsoft gun. Your gonna get some Mold lines. I do on the hand guard, stock etc. $450 is still a good price, £300'ish for a Solid Airsoft Gun with little wobble, with all the accessorise from Magpul, and the things your able to do with it. To be honest i think its a bargain. Great bit of Kit

Great for first timers (Buyers), one airsoft gun to do Wood or Urban, with the ability for a beginner to change FPS and Stock, Barrel length etc. With out cost with the shop doing tho's changes.

Don't Like the M4 anymore. tongue.gif

Wow. I must say that people are being way too petty about mold marks and what not.

*shrugs*

On a side note, someone finally has an outer barrel with a spacer on it. That makes me go "hmmmm"

Why?

Cause it makes me wonder if the short outer barrel kits will come with em or not. My Masada does not need the shim as my locking mechanism sits centered as it should.

Page 55, reply #13, your answer is there.

It was a question directed at myself. :P

Did you catch the part where I said that I was wondering whether the upcoming short outer barrels will come or will not come with the said spacers? :P

What I was really wondering about was whether or not the short outer barrels will come with the washers pre-installed...or if they will even include washers. It'd make sense to include washers (provided that they're easy to install). Haven't looked at the manual in forever as mine has no issues that I have not addressed/fixed.

:)

Regarding the mold lines, I saw worse on real ACRs at Shot Show this year, and I handled a LOT of ACRs at the Show at various different booths. If you want to go by mold lines, the PTS version is nicer than the real deal. As for the new barrel sets, they WILL come with spacers as I've said before. Just not clear on if they will be pre-installed (but I don't believe they will be).

Regarding the mold lines, I saw worse on real ACRs at Shot Show this year, and I handled a LOT of ACRs at the Show at various different booths. If you want to go by mold lines, the PTS version is nicer than the real deal.

Well, that means the "mold problem" isn't really a problem :)

I just hope that PTS will solve the barrel and handguard wobbling problems and maybe improve the metal parts paint finish (the front sight wear point).

I got my FDE Masada yesterday, didn't have a chance to play with it as all my batteries are wired for Deans :P

I've changed the masada to deans though and I can't wait to give it a good work out next Sunday! I don't have any washers on my barrel but it seems to sit quite nicely with almost no wobble at all. There are a few mold lines, but nothing worse that I've seen on any of my other guns.

Only fired off about half a mag in the back garden at 10pm last night but it was a joy to shoot :D

The only thing I don't like about the gun is that it has made me put my beloved SCAR away for awhile :P

Edited by Apocalypsemeow

Well I finally got to field my weapon. The only upgrade I did was pop in a M120 spring, and was still only getting about 380fps with .25 ammo.

But first impressions getting to play with it.... AWESOME.

Range: extremely impressive. WIth the hop-up only 1/2 way engaged, I was getting great combat range with .25 ammo. Very easy to reach out and touch someone, and out-ranging some other people with similar guns.

ROF: using 9.6v, 2000mAh - fast. Very fast. I don't tend to be a spray player, but due to the high ROF I was able to put out some mean bursts. I can't wait until I get around to installing my MOSFET so I can program in 3-round bursts.

Power: Again, 380 FPS with .25 ammo. Which is fine as my field has a 400fps limit, and I'm still getting more than the range I was expecting.

I do plan on popping in a M135 spring, just to see how it performs. (After all, changing springs is an under-2 minute task with this gun).

Weight/Feel: I loved how this rifle felt in my hands playing. Very light, so less arm fatigue after a full day.

Someone told me the stock motor is indeed rated for up to 150-power springs. Not sure how true, so I'll do a comparison with my stock motor, and the G&G Torque motor.

After a full day of playing, I'm completely satisfied with this gun, even stock.

Can't wait to 'sup it up.

My only complaint, retaining pin fell out of the hand-guard pin. That's a simple fix (I still have the pin, so just need to bend it tighter.

Love this guN!

Power: Again, 380 FPS with .25 ammo. Which is fine as my field has a 400fps limit

380FPS with .25s are 1.68joules of energy, which translate to 425fps using 0.20 BBs

Field limits are usually figured using .20 BBs, so unless your field is different you are well over the limit.

380FPS with .25s are 1.68joules of energy, which translate to 425fps using 0.20 BBs

Field limits are usually figured using .20 BBs, so unless your field is different you are well over the limit.

My field chrono's with .25's and recommends .25 bio to all players.

But the rules are semi loose, unless you're gun is too hot in which case you're given a minimum engagement distance (especially for sniper/DMR rifles).

I've just read all 58 pages - it's been slow at work today.

Thanks to everyone who posted their reviews, comments and advice.

There have been several people intending to fit a mosfet to their Masada but has anyone actually done it yet? Just curious as I'm a mosfet newb and am considering taking the plunge with a Masada and pimping it to the max...