MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I also had this problem. I believe it is a user error.. I haven´t seen anything about it in thye manual, but then again, I haven´t read it that thoroughly, but I think you should "turn off" the Hop Up before removing or inserting the barrel. Mine fixed itself after I had tried the correct procedure of turning it all the way off, then removing and inserting the barrel and then turning it all the way on again. Then my bullets started to arch uppwards nicely on full hop up, thus enabling me to set it to go perfectly straight.

Hope this helped

I'll try that, thanks. I read somewhere that this (putting the barrel back while the hopup was on) would break the hopup unit and it would need replacement. Anyone experienced that?

Also, when I take the lower receiver out, the part of the hopup unit in the upper receiver is pretty loose, I can move it a lot with my finger. Is that normal? Is it supposed to align and fix when I put the lower receiver back?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Anybody heard the date of the official UK release date? I know its " Mid-October" and with a FG Masada on order, and a huge game next Saturday, I was hoping someone could delight me with a release date.

Dingo should be along shortly with an update. After speaking to him recently (i.e yesterday) all i will say is the wait is almost over.

Exactly. I'd like a new car of a certain brand, certain model. Can't afford it. Being frustrated at the car company for making the car I want so expensive doesn't help things any. That said I can get a similar car for 2/3 the price that looks different but performs almost the same. You've got to buy within your means.

BTW, I don't think anyone else has mentioned this yet, but EHobbyAsia now sells ACRs with the folding stock preinstalled for an extra $45:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=MAGPUL+MASADA+ACR+FS

BTW, I don't think anyone else has mentioned this yet, but EHobbyAsia now sells ACRs with the folding stock preinstalled for an extra $45:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=MAGPUL+MASADA+ACR+FS

I saw that in this thread http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=190322 which raised a few questions. Now, no one has to answer these, the questions are only my opinions and speculations.

Is this package straight from Magpul PTS or put together by eHobbyAsia? Will it include the original fix stock? Is the "free PMag" the PMag that the Masada was originally boxed with?

I'd say you save some depending if it comes with the original stock. I couldn't care for the EMag because it is oddball to have if you run PMags. Maybe a way to get rid of the extra EMags that aren't being sold?

AnakChan is correct. AFAIK, these are a custom thing EA did. You do not get the fixed stock with the gun. Only the folding stock. My guess is that they're taking regular ACRs with fixed stocks, removing the fixed stock and swapping it with the folding stock. That's also why they're now selling the Fixed stock on their site even though the Fixed stock is not currently sold on it's own by Magpul PTS. Quite shrewd actually. That said ... since the configuration has been altered by EA and not sold that way by Magpul PTS, I'm not sure what that does to your warranty if you were to buy it from EA. :huh:

What I also find interesting is that the fixed stock is much cheaper than originally projected to cost by Magpul PTS.

i happened to have the same problem and i found out what had happened. i removed the barrel after setting the hop-up which messed up the nub and crushed it. i ended up getting an dental pick and fixed the problem the best i could with it.

it should really be said somewhere not to remove the barrel once the hop-is set.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188813&st=0&p=2370122&hl=a&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=2370122

Really shouldn't need to be in any manual.

It's airsoft 101 - if you try to remove the barrel while the hop-up is anywhere BUT completely off, then you're barrel will press up against and probably break the hop-up nub or arm.

UK version box :P

A bit off topic but it'd be cool if the serial numbers followed KWA where they put serial numbers following with the letters TW for Taiwan version and US for US version with their guns.

But yeah....wonder what the differences are with the UK spec besides a softer spring...

UK version box :P

Haha :waggle:

A bit off topic but it'd be cool if the serial numbers followed KWA where they put serial numbers following with the letters TW for Taiwan version and US for US version with their guns.

All the UK ones seem have serials that follow on, FDE are 03*** and black are 02*** from the ones I've seen.

But yeah....wonder what the differences are with the UK spec besides a softer spring...

The Masada failed our RoHS import tests on: external and internal paint/wiring/solder/some internal parts of the motor - so they are all the parts that have been made to different specs to pass and be allowed to be legitimately imported.

Blatblatblatblat :)

IMG_7403.jpg

Edited by Scuffer

Ok, thanks :)

A bit off-topic, but this is the first time I've heard of a UK-specific version of an airsoft gun. Do other guns pass RoHS tests and the Masada was just not good enough? Or do other companies also make UK specific versions but don't label them as such?

Yer, ICS make RoHS compliant guns (it's badged on their boxes) so do KWA as far as I know. Lots of other AEGs are not RoHS compliant and have been siezed because of it, from what I've heard RoHS compliance issues are going to become more important as they are now working with some elements of the airsoft industry to improve the standards of imports etc.

I wonder if anyone may have an answer to my question but I plan on getting a real steel enhanced ACR and does anyone know if the rail hand guard or the folding stock will fit on my airsoft ACR?

I would assume so, but remember that Bushmaster's earth color and Magpul's FDE are not a match, which might upset you.

WHA?!

Lead based paint?! I better stop licking my masada. :lol:

Wellp, she's now sitting inside the box. I have another toy that I'm fielding right now :P Yes, I know...perfectly functioning Magpul PTS Masada sitting in the box when other people's are out of commission for parts and other issues :P

Blame Tokyo Marui for their Next Gen AEG series :)