MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

snapback.pngsacairsoftsn00py, on 14 October 2010 - 07:08 PM, said:

A bit off topic but it'd be cool if the serial numbers followed KWA where they put serial numbers following with the letters TW for Taiwan version and US for US version with their guns.

All the UK ones seem have serials that follow on, FDE are 03*** and black are 02*** from the ones I've seen

Just FYI, I got my ACR from ehobby today (really happy with it so far) and the serial no. is MPTS02588. It's black.

seeng how this thread is uber massive,some what on the confuesing side,i have questions

1:what are the internal problems?are they fixable?

2:any word for replacement parts?

3:compared to say...G&P And TM.without the problems.Would you recomend to begginer?

4:hows it going with or without problems for you guys?

1. Stripping pistons with 11.1v lipo's. Barrel problems on some units. Yes.

2. Yes for some parts, No on others.

3. Yes, without the problems.

4. Only problem with mine was bb's curving consistently to the right. It was fixable for me.

For more details, read through the thread ;) If you have any questions that has not been covered...feel free to post up :)

Sticky trigger, burst in semi, hand guard wobble, whiney gearbox, poor qc on assembly, no hopup function, magazine comparability problems etc etc, Thats a few of the other issues found in this thread. Ive fixed most of them myself, not the end of the world if you are technically minded, but a pain none the less, considering the high cost.

• Like 1
Wellp, she's now sitting inside the box. I have another toy that I'm fielding right now :P Yes, I know...perfectly functioning Magpul PTS Masada sitting in the box when other people's are out of commission for parts and other issues :P

Blame Tokyo Marui for their Next Gen AEG series :)

Kinda sad.i wanted this gun for years,but all i get for almost if not with upgrades and fixes 500 USD this.Oh well.G&P Has a new fan boy biggrin.gif

You may have missed Snoop's post. Looks like his Masada is staying in the box, down to the TM M4 SOCOM. Definitely worth checking out if you want great OOTB performance at Masada prices. Don't expect the externals to be up to G&P's M4 or Ares' (Magpul PTS) Masada standards though :)

Edited by Bishamon Tiger

I'm quite pleased with mine, no problems so far with about 1000 rounds through it :)

I'm a bit confused about Airsoft Oddysey's guide to the differences between the import and UK spec Masada.

Mine isn't the UK spec, but I have a "silver" cylinder unlike the import in the below picture. Is that just poor lighting in the photograph and the both have "silver" cylinders? or is there maybe a 3rd spec of Masada? My s/n is MPTS00074 which is quite low, so I'd imagine it was an import from one of the first batches, I got it from Land Warrior before they got the UK spec ones in and ether way I'm very happy with it so far :)

IMG_7366.jpg

It's just poor lighting in the picture, both have silver cylinders.

There is also a typo regarding the spring - they (HK box + UK box) had non-linear springs in, although the UK one was a longer and softer spring.

I've seen 40 of the UK guns chrono'd now and they were all between 304 and 320FPS with a 0.2g BB.

Yeap. My masada works perfectly well. I just get bored and look into other stuff....that's all.

October=ran agm m4 ris gbbr and tm meu

November= ran g&p woc m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert warrior

December= ran kjw m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert eagle

January= ran marui m4 cqbr with systema metal body and stuffs and kwa g18c

February= ran kwa m4 cqb and kwa g17

March=ran we scar gbbr and ksc g18c

May= ran tanio koba/ kjw m4 gbbr and ksc g17

June= ran dual marui p90's

July= ran dual marui mp5k's

August= ran magpul pts masada and marui g18c gbb

September= ran a we pdw open bolt (we m14 gbbr was a plinker)

October=running a tm socom and marui g17

I get new stuffs every month...waiting for the new marui scar-l and the marui recce

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

Yeap. My masada works perfectly well. I just get bored and look into other stuff....that's all.

October=ran agm m4 ris gbbr and tm meu

November= ran g&p woc m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert warrior

December= ran kjw m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert eagle

January= ran marui m4 cqbr with systema metal body and stuffs and kwa g18c

February= ran kwa m4 cqb and kwa g17

March=ran we scar gbbr and ksc g18c

May= ran tanio koba/ kjw m4 gbbr and ksc g17

June= ran dual marui p90's

July= ran dual marui mp5k's

August= ran magpul pts masada and marui g18c gbb

September= ran a we pdw open bolt (we m14 gbbr was a plinker)

October=running a tm socom and marui g17

I get new stuffs every month...waiting for the new marui scar-l and the marui recce

Dude, they are defo awesome and i'm keeping an Eye on the TM Scar-L and Recce!

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/praragi1010/index.html

Edited by kithooton

sooooo if i say..changed the piston should it fix a fair amount of the problems?

:mellow: Only if you want to put a 11.1v lipo in it, which is a little much imho. Else, it won't fix anything at all... like, really not at all. The piston has nothing to do with any of the other problems mentioned.

So long as you used the gun within it's intended parameters, you should be okay and covered under warranty. Upgrading gets tricky ... because upgrading beyond a certain point (like using an insanely high voltage battery, installing too powerful of a spring, etc) is tantamount to user negligence/abuse. Installing a slightly more powerful spring that what came with the gun is, to me, reasonable. If someone put a M150 or a M170 into the gun and stripped a piston ... then that would certainly be pushing it. Basically, if you upgrade the gun in anyway beyond the specs it was designed to handle, then you void your warranty.

What also complicates matters is when an item is purchased, discovered to be defective by the buyer and upgrades are carried out on the gun. A manufacturer could argue that the upgrades performed on the item resulted in the defective nature of the product and therefore voided the warranty. It's always best to get the matter resolved ASAP before any alterations are done to the item in question.

I didnt know the problem was in the microswitch after an extensive upgrade. This was one of the faulty parts from the very begining but I didnt track its problem until after all of this upgrading. I contacted SPartan Imports even thoguh I bought the gun through evike and they notified me that I can have the parts shipped out to Evike. Do you guys still think Magpul will cover that part of the warranty for the switches even though I upgraded the gun?

Magpul does not actually warranty the guns they do so through their local agent which is Spartan Imports and they prefer to go through your dealer that sold the gun, if Spartan is shipping the switch then it is covered by the warranty.

Anyone know how to remove the release pin for the front site?

I see how to remove the pivot pin, but not the release pin (I tried screwing the handle).

The only other way I can tell is to cut the release pin off (which I'd rather not do, yet).

I want to remove the front site completely as I'm installing an MBUS front site instead.

The release pin is blocking me from putting the MBUS 1 or two slots forward.

I see how to remove the pivot pin, but not the release pin (I tried screwing the handle).

The only other way I can tell is to cut the release pin off (which I'd rather not do, yet).

I want to remove the front site completely as I'm installing an MBUS front site instead.

1. Punch out the front sight hinge pin. The spring will fall free at this point.

2. Slide off the front sight.

3. Slide the locking pin out to the left. Mine slides out easily, but if yours doesn't try gently tapping it out with your dummy round.

Edited by Tacitus

1. Punch out the front sight hinge pin. The spring will fall free at this point.

2. Slide off the front sight.

3. Slide the locking pin out to the left. Mine slides out easily, but if yours doesn't try gently tapping it out with your dummy round.

Yes i want to do the same thing. i don't like the original sight. I want it off. Hopefully without braking or cutting (damage the sight) and use the Mbus front sight instead.

Could someone do a step by step guide on how to remove the original front sight. Photo's or Youtube.?

Would help loads!

Has anyone done this yet?

Cheers wink.gif

Edited by kithooton

Yes i want to do the same thing. i don't like the original sight. I want it off. Hopefully without braking or cutting (damage the sight) and use the Mbus front sight instead.

Could someone do a step by step guide on how to remove the original front sight. Photo's or Youtube.?

Cheers wink.gif

Hmmm.... the locking pin doesn't seem like it would slide out as it has wide tips on each end. Tonight I'll try unscrewing one end or the other. Otherwise I'm just cutting one of the tips off, as I doubt I'll ever want to put it back, and if I do, I can just replace the pin with something else.