MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

More PTS woes, just picked up my Folding Stock and it doesn't fit, ran back to the shop and we tried three different stocks in two different guns and on all of them the upper pin hole is too far back, and prevents the upper pin from locking down into place.

Thats really *suitcasey*.

More PTS woes, just picked up my Folding Stock and it doesn't fit, ran back to the shop and we tried three different stocks in two different guns and on all of them the upper pin hole is too far back, and prevents the upper pin from locking down into place.

Had the same experience with the folding stock. Minor filing of the stock to fit is required it but slots on solidly after that. Still, it's not something you should have to live with for a gun in this price range..

• Like 1

Were you trying one of the PTS stocks?

Had the same experience with the folding stock. Minor filing of the stock to fit is required it but slots on solidly after that. Still, it's not something you should have to live with for a gun in this price range..

After having my Magpul PTS ACR/Masada for quite a while now, I was seriously considering purchasing the Magpul Masada folding stock and sling mount, reading through the many posts on this thread, I'm suddenly not so sure anymore.

DOH, Spoke too soon, gun is in operable again. Took it out after work to zero and adjust and with none of my batteries could I get the gun to operate, micro switch clicks but gun does not function. But to much credit for my local dealer (Strikeforce Sports) if they can't get it operating tomorrow then they will swap it out for another one, and PTS will be getting some nasty reports back to them about the quality of the guns.

The upper receiver pin on the FS is a bit aggravating. It's a simple fix, but a fix I wish wouldn't have to be there.

Despite little things here and there, I still love this rifle. Skirmished it tons of times, and it's still the best "out-of-the-box" gun I've used.

I spent $470 on my SR-16, and I've have a lot more things to mess with than this rifle. Is the price high? Yea. But the problems I've had are still minuscule compared to what they could have been.

Give me the CQB barrel and I'll be SUPER happy.

When it worked, I DID enjoy using it, but so far I have only been able to run it in ONE game.

Yeah I totally understand your frustration. I guess all we can hope for is PTS to do what they can with whatever problems do arise. There will always be problems with any product, but how you deal with them is what really counts. I think that's where PTS will really make or break themselves.

Is there really a fault with the folding stock preventing it from fitting to the body? If so, surely Magpul PTS need to recall the faulty stocks and replace them with working ones. It should be a matter of urgency if a product is released for sale with inherent faults.

Can we hear from more people with first hand experience/knowledge of this issue?

Gun is in the shop right now so no, and even with photos it would be hard to show as the issue only happens when the shells are closed. But basically it seems like the holes for the trigger axle are machined wrong and allow it fall out of place and the trigger itself will move but it will not actuate the micro switch.

That's very interesting. I think mine has a similar problem, but related to the fire-selector: When the fire-selector is set to semi (12 o'clock), the trigger must be pulled all the way back (and squeezed quite hard) to activate the microswitch. Setting the fire-selector a few degrees to the left of semi-auto (about 11.5 o'clock) is needed for normal trigger operation. It's annoying, but I haven't looked into fixing it yet as it's easy to work around. It's a shame that the whole trigger/fire selector/semi auto cutoff mechanism has been so poorly designed.

Edited by Tacitus

So far out of the folding stocks I've seen/handled they were sound fits straight away with no need to sand/file etc.

As for the gear box shell being the cause of intermittent firing, that's pretty interesting - something to look out for on any guns with issues I suppose. Shame that QC issues keep popping up.

Also as another note one my screws for mounting the sling plate to the stock was not infact a screw, it has a allen socket in the top and a pan head, but the shank is not threaded it is a smooth peg.

You mean the opposite to photo #6 of this :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=189637&view=findpost&p=2375211