MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I'd just like to state that as completely untrue; A personal friend of mine is now the Wolf engineer, and has been for the past month or so. He's excellent at what he does; However, Wolf have only had 6 Masadas delivered, and i don't believe Jon has opened one up yet. It's definitely not the best place to get a Masada tinkered with as a result of this, i just felt the need to state the current Wolf gunsmith is excellent at upgrading and repairing any existing platform that isn't quite as brand spanking new as the Masada.

Erm, it's still a standard gearbox, really. although the gearbox shell is a different form factor to the standard V2/3, the internals are all standard ARES affair. I fail to see how it is so incredibly difficult to upgrade compared to any other Ver 2, 3, 6, 7 gearbox etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I'd just like to state that as completely untrue; A personal friend of mine is now the Wolf engineer, and has been for the past month or so. He's excellent at what he does; However, Wolf have only had 6 Masadas delivered, and i don't believe Jon has opened one up yet. It's definitely not the best place to get a Masada tinkered with as a result of this, i just felt the need to state the current Wolf gunsmith is excellent at upgrading and repairing any existing platform that isn't quite as brand spanking new as the Masada.

A friend of mine just last week had a faulty G36C returned to him from the techs at Wolf Armouries. They did not fix his gun, and reported that the feeding tube was cracked and couldn't be repaired. I openend it up and found no such breakage. There was evidence suggesting that the gearbox was never opened ie. factory locking glue still holding the gearbox screws in, brand-new looking screws heads etc. If I can fix it, any airsoft tech should be able to. Espescially one attached to a retailer.

I've had conversations with the techs at Wold Armouries in the past and I distinctly remember the terms 'angle of engagement', 'gear ratio' and 'sorbothane' were lost on them. Basic stuff that every tech needs to know. Based on my experience with that company, I would strongly advise against submitting your gun to them for repair.

I don't know how their tech department is organised, and I haven't spoken to Jon personally. My comments are only in reference to Wolf Armouries the company, not any single individual. But in my experience of their technical work, it is severely lacking.

Erm, it's still a standard gearbox, really. although the gearbox shell is a different form factor to the standard V2/3, the internals are all standard ARES affair. I fail to see how it is so incredibly difficult to upgrade compared to any other Ver 2, 3, 6, 7 gearbox etc etc.

I've been itching to say this exact same thing in this thread for a while now. There are a few quirks which can be learned in a day of tinkering, but it's still just an AEG

Played my new Masada for the first time today, fired faultlessly throughout. Around 2500 rounds fired, every single one of them on semi-auto, no lockups, and all powered by a 2200mAh 7.4v li-po.

Managed to get it set up with an X400 weaponlight and the bb's were flying straight and true to where the laser on aiming. Even with the folding stock extending 2-3 notches it's still compact enough for CQB play, though i did fold it over for clearing stairwells.

Overall couldn't be happier with my Masada.

First fielding for me yesterday, the hophup was acting up, I think because of the lube still in there, after a thousand BBs is started setting up a little better but still not awesome. Then at the very end of the day it locked up... with a spring less powerful than the stock's one...

Battery was still way full, so no idea why it happened.

Already ordered the guarder bucking, we'll see how this helps.

First fielding for me yesterday, the hophup was acting up, I think because of the lube still in there, after a thousand BBs is started setting up a little better but still not awesome. Then at the very end of the day it locked up... with a spring less powerful than the stock's one...

Got a link to the bucking you ordered? Ta XD

Strange....

I'm using the stock bucking with .26 ammo, and tried 3 different spring strengths (stock, M120, and now M135).

Hop-up working great (don't need to turn it all the way up, maybe only 3/4 for the range I need, which is far).

Strange....

I'm using the stock bucking with .26 ammo, and tried 3 different spring strengths (stock, M120, and now M135).

Hop-up working great (don't need to turn it all the way up, maybe only 3/4 for the range I need, which is far).

Yeah, I was playing with 0.20, maybe I should try 0.25, this might help a bit. But on the other hand, I've been using the ARES Tavor with 0.20 since it was first released, and it's deadly accurate, so it's not just the ARES hophup+0.20.

Anyway, Guarder incoming soon, I'll give a feedback when once I field it again.

post-63712-0-53019200-1290093422_thumb.jpg

post-63712-0-08738300-1290093474_thumb.jpg

Just got my Masada from the upgrade shop. So far it seems to be performing well.

I'm starting to wonder if the G&P aimpoint with "Z" type mount looks odd on it .

Will be field testing my rifle over the weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by warspite

Hey Folks,

The Magpul Masada ACR Registry was SPAM hacked recently, but I managed to spend a few hours today getting it cleaned up.

As a result though, people will now need to add a user name and password when they first access the page. The details are in the pop-up.

I apologize if all of the vehicle and diet posts discouraged you from registering your ACR.

If you haven't done so yet, jump on over and add your details.

Thanks

http://www.ginganinga.com/MMAR/

PS.

Thanks to Ycare for bringing it to my attention.

Edited by dstole

Nah, looks cool, I like it! ^^

Thanks Ycare. Spent an entire day field testing the rifle. Thoroughly satisfied with the upgrade. Again, many thanks to Tacitus for his help in sorting out my Masada and recommending parts for the upgrade. I now have the best sorted out Masada in my team.