MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

From what I've heard - RIS and shorter barrels within the next month/2 months tops - AK lower sometime the beginning of next year - GBBR kit unknown.

Granted these are the 'big' parts for the Masada that we've been waiting for (and the ones that allow us to use it to it's maximum potential) but there have actually been plenty of Magpul PTS products released since the Masada came out - the likes of the illumination kit/single point sling point/MVG/folding stock/silencer and flashhider etc.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Can you give some info on your barrel? And why swap for the RS hand guard?

In any case, that's beautiful.

The barrel's essentially just cut and re-dyed (14mm+) at a 12-12.5" length. I essentially wanted to go with an early ACR setup that Bushmaster put together using an AAC flashider (which I have yet to get) (Check out link):

http://www.mygaming.co.za/news/files.php?file=bushmaster_acr_1_302360097.jpg

Reason for the RS hand guard is that it has a thinner profile than the PTS one, not to mention it's a lot more solid (top PTS, bottom RS):

IMG_4740.jpg

I also will be doing a mod for the front of the top rail: removing the flip-up sight and installing the remainder of the pictanny rail so I can install a MBUS. The RS handguard allows for this while the PTS one doesn't. See pics below and you should get why:

IMG_4741.jpg

Reason for the RS hand guard is that it has a thinner profile than the PTS one, not to mention it's a lot more solid (top PTS, bottom RS):

I also will be doing a mod for the front of the top rail: removing the flip-up sight and installing the remainder of the pictanny rail so I can install a MBUS. The RS handguard allows for this while the PTS one doesn't. See pics below and you should get why:

Still have room for the battery in there though? Looks like much less space for it with RS.

Still have room for the battery in there though? Looks like much less space for it with RS.

I use a 7.4V li-po and I had to remove the heat shield to fit it in there. And it fits real snug, but yes, it can be done! You may get away with the nunchuk style 11.1V lipo, but I have not yet tried this.

Edited by Noveske

So I've had my Magpul ACR for awhile now. I've used it lightly a handful of times and it has always been a blast. However while I was using it today I realized that the hop up (when turned all the way off and on) had little effect on the bb's flight path. This has led me to believe that my hop up isn't functioning.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Had the same problem. I removed the whole hop up assembly down to the hop up arm. Unlike the traditional 1pc hop up the the hop up arm has a spring to help push down the hop up nub, for the ACR there is none. Full turn on to full off of the hop up the arm only moves it about 1mm. So basically it is not really pushing at all. I can not see the design pushing harder type of hop rubber. So this is why many have hop up issues.

The hop up nub is proprietary, it looks like a figure "8". The top of the nub connects to the hop up arm and the botttom is the one that pushes the hop up rubber. It is designed this way to prevent the nub from falling off when removing/replacing the barrel compared to the regular hop up designs that the nub is only resting on the hop up arm/lever.

I will be posting pics of it later.

Edited by arcteryx

That's interesting. I thought the handguard was a bit chunky compared to an typical M4. Does anyone know if the same is true for the RIS handguard as well?

I've got the Tan magpul ACR. Like many other users wanting the RIS hand guard.

I've been told by a retailer that the official magpul RIS will only come in Black? Mmm not happy if this is true.

If the Folding stock is in different colours, mags. Etc than why not? Will the AK lower only be in black? Upsetting if it's true.

I've got the Tan magpul ACR. Like many other users wanting the RIS hand guard.

I've been told by a retailer that the official magpul RIS will only come in Black? Mmm not happy if this is true.

If the Folding stock is in different colours, mags. Etc than why not? Will the AK lower only be in black? Upsetting if it's true.

The retailer who told you that is in error. I have a pre-production Magpul PTS FDE RIS in my possession. The RIS will come in all the colors the PTS ACR is currently available in (Black, FDE, FG).

That's interesting. I thought the handguard was a bit chunky compared to an typical M4. Does anyone know if the same is true for the RIS handguard as well?

I believe the RIS should be very similar in dimensions as the RS one as there's plenty of room in there to fit a battery, whereas PTS most likely made their polymer handguard thicker in order to accomodate a decent sized battery. The RS polymer handguard barely fits lipos even after removing the heat shield.

There's also the fact that PTS have consciously altered the non-external dimensions on various parts to ensure the RS ACR parts aren't a drop in replacement. While it may be frustrating for those with access to RS ACR parts that they want to put on their PTS ACR, it is a requirement placed on PTS products. Noveske, I look forward to seeing your ACR modifications to look like the more contemporary ACRs.

Or so cheap rs shooters don't try and slap pts products on their guns

That wouldn't work. Most PTS and RS Magpul products cost about the same.

However, RS Magpul can't be exported. My guess is that PTS products vary slightly from RS Magpul products to further prevent people in countries besides the US from using Magpul parts on their RS rifles. I could definitely be wrong, though.

I'd (like to) think it's got more to do with the law than with $$.

RS Magpul can't be exported. My guess is that PTS products vary slightly from RS Magpul products to further prevent people in countries besides the US from using Magpul parts on their RS rifles.

Pretty much the above. Respecting ITAR is important to both Magpul Industries and Magpul PTS. Furthermore, PTS products are not rated nor are they tested to work on RS products. To further guarantee that PTS products are not used for an application other than what they were designed for, they are modified to be incompatible with RS products.