MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Am I the last to find out that there's going to be two shorter barrles. 11.5 & 10.5...lol. by looking at some pics of the 10.5, i dont know how you could get a different flashider to fit. and forget about suppressors for that configuration...womp womp :(

I haven't heard anything about a 10.5" barrel from PTS, but I know there's going to be the 11.5". If they were to make a 10.5" barrel, I believe the gas block will have to be pushed back further in a similar position as the M4 carbines and only the RIS could be used. I believe the 11.5" barrels are designed to be used with the polymer handguard.

All those pics are of the proposed 11.5" AK barrel. I haven't seen the 10.5" anywhere.

I haven't heard anything about a 10.5" barrel from PTS, but I know there's going to be the 11.5". If they were to make a 10.5" barrel, I believe the gas block will have to be pushed back further in a similar position as the M4 carbines and only the RIS could be used. I believe the 11.5" barrels are designed to be used with the polymer handguard.

He is right. I read through the Masada PDF and found this:

Any AR/M16 barrel over 11.5 inches can be used. (10.5 can be used with optional

railed handguard).

Was at a game today where 4 ACRs were in play. By the end of the day 3 were broken. A friend of mine also has another one, and it is acting up. Another friend had to send his back for replacement. Of the 7 ACRs that I have seen in use, 5 of them have had issues :( One of them has been heavily modded, but the others have not, except for downgraded springs. Issues include hop-up problems, locking mech boxes, malfunctioning stock pins, and wobbling front end.

i am sure some of the owners will be along to offer details. I am almost afraid to use mine at this point :P

I don't like to read about anyone's "axe" failing on them. Magpul builds nice stuff, but this is not real steal. Just the another sowing machine we all have used. Magpul on the side of an AEG doesn't mean indestructible. I'd be interested to read the conditions in which they were used; What were the use details, battery voltage, extended trigger hold, lots of semi auto fire. Plus I know some of you guys will disagree but to me this is a beta of sorts. Remember when the first KWA M-4's came out and they were hailed as the end all be all in affordable AEG M4's only to be improved and again given the same accolades. Then improved again to the current Gen that many consider a better product than those past generation series. I remember when I got a second Gen KWA only to have a problem fixed product roll out the very next year. I really like this AEG and can appreciate the R&D behind it. This still leads me back to the point, It's a first year model. I've been a mechanic for over 14 years and if you ask any car guy what he thinks of first year models, he'll tell you to hold your praise till all the votes are in.

I'd like an ACR by Magpul but this AEG has a lot of nice features that need a bit more tweaking by company on their dime, before I'm giving Magpul a few hundred bucks.

Edited by Special K

Used mine today, all day, in snow and temperatures between +3C & -2C and it performed admirably with no issue at all. It is a UK spec model but as has been previously discussed this shouldn't make too much difference. It took a bit of a battering to be honest as I was slipping & sliding all over the place. Actually the only issue I have is with fixing the folding stock. Sorry if it's been discussed before but the top pin is different from the bottom (which pushes out with the dummy round) and I haven't an Allen key to fit. I'll work it out but a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Use my ACR today. Nothing but issues with it. 1 hr of playing around. The Hop-Up was playing up. Every 3rd shoot was good. But I'm sure there was no Hop-Up. It felt the distance wasn't like before. Same spring & BB weight. I've had the gun for 2months now. No problems. Could it be the weather as it was -2c? Could the hop up be effected?

I know it's been said. What would be the best Hop Up Rubber to use instead of Stock? MadBul, Guarder Silacone, TM? Has anyone changed the Hop Up and found it better.

The Stock one seems it doesn't get affect when moving the the wheel. I've followed people directions. Turn Off Hop Up when removing barrel and so on. Theres still the thing in the gun when move the wheel (forgot what it was called).

The BB travels well 15-20 Meters. But It drops. It doesn't feel the Back spin happens when the BB Drops and it goes up slightly. There no hop up really when move the wheel back and forth.

Would help loads if some could give me some ideas to fix it or buy other products. I did see something About removing the Gold Ring in the Stock Hop up rubber.

Everything in the gun is cleaned up and dryed. Excel 0.20 used.

Ran mine today and last night as part of OP: Jawbreaker, operated perfectly fine all day except for semi not working for approx 1/2 hour in the morning and then working just fine all day long.

As far as range and accuracy went, I started the day with 5 pmags loaded with .25g Biovals and the gun shot great, with excellent range and accuracy, once i burned through them I switched to .27g Bioval and it turned my rifle into a goddamn death machine, shots per kill were dropped by nearly 50% and range was ridiculous, I am in love.

Was at a game today where 4 ACRs were in play. By the end of the day 3 were broken. A friend of mine also has another one, and it is acting up. Another friend had to send his back for replacement. Of the 7 ACRs that I have seen in use, 5 of them have had issues :( One of them has been heavily modded, but the others have not, except for downgraded springs. Issues include hop-up problems, locking mech boxes, malfunctioning stock pins, and wobbling front end.

i am sure some of the owners will be along to offer details. I am almost afraid to use mine at this point :P

So I was at the game with dStole and mine's one of the ACR's with issues above. Probably to clarify the 3/4 at the game yesterday, mine was the heavily modified one which to be honest, I think I can hardly call it "PTS" anymore therefore I'd blame my mods rather than imply a PTS issue.

The 2nd (presumably YCare's replacement/repaired PTS ACR), I'm prepared to place a bet that his lockup issues is caused by his "rocking" spring guide. The spring was changed to be JP compliant and was longer and cut on one end. I believe it's an installation error of which when the spring guide end screw was put back into the spring guide, it was already at an angle rather than flush. I fixed his problem in the afteroon - I don't believe he had any problems after. However I think he still should :-

a) find a shorter spring but same power

B) flatten/flush the end of the spring that he cut

c) ensure the spring guide is flat/flush on the mechbox end before he screws in the bolt

I'm finding out the issue with the 3rd one later today, and if you can give me a look at the 5th (the one I was supposed to look at) I can see what's wrong with it. But for now I won't be so quick to blame a 5/7 or 71% failure on the PTS yet. I think it's time for more information and more details before any conclusion.

ACR again used yesterday, 3000 rounds on semi only throughout the day in almost freezing conditions, not even a single lock up. Gun is still completely stock, 329fps and used 0.2g bb's. Again no complaints. Total round counts is around the 8000 mark, not high but seeing as about 7500 of that is semi auto firing can't see why other people are having issues with lock ups.

Put the bottom stock pin in 3/4 of the way, put the top pin 1/2 the way in, then use a thin screwdriver etc to guide the top pin straight, give it a tap with a hammer and the top pin should go in straight, then knock the bottom one the rest of the way in.

Should work.

Cheers, worked a treat using a skewer. :)

So yeah, changing the hophup to the Guarder 50% and using 0.25g made night and day for me. Went from spraying the 20m target with 1/30 hit to something like 2/3. Very satisfied with that.

On the other hand, the ACR did lock up again, for what AnakChan said, the spring was a cut one, and somehow maybe not properly installed (although I was able to install springs on my Tavor via the same way without any problem). So I replaced it for a System irregular pitch 1J, which brings the output to a ~0.86J, which is lower than the spring I was having lock up with (was around 0.94J), and somehow it seems like fine now, but I'm a bit dubious on why my spring guide is rocking so much once in place, much more than my Tavor's.

Put the bottom stock pin in 3/4 of the way, put the top pin 1/2 the way in, then use a thin screwdriver etc to guide the top pin straight, give it a tap with a hammer and the top pin should go in straight, then knock the bottom one the rest of the way in.

Should work.

its still a really tight fit for me, i guide it but i have to pry it to the side and tap the other side hard basically to force it in. is that normal?

also whats the biggest battery anyone has tried to fit in the standard handguard? not including lipos...

Hey all,

For those of you who do mod your ACR's, I've found out that the stock piston is marginally shorter a Super Shooter one, it's almost 1 mm shorter. So please be aware when you're swapping pistons, the added length of a 3rd party piston can & will cause lockups. Meanwhile, the red Element is in between the ACR's and teh Super Shooter, and that so far has been cycling fine.

Edited by AnakChan
  • Like 1

Anybody heard anything official on the accessories?

Dingodogs have posted on their facebook page:

Arriving in stock soon:

MAGPUL PTS AAC LTD EDITION MASADA SUPPRESSORS AND FLASHHIDERS IN BLACK AND DARK EARTH!

MAGPUL PTS AAC BLACKOUT FLASHIDERS CW & CCW!

MAGPUL PTS MASADA SINGLE POINT SLING ADAPTORS!

MAGPUL PTS MASADA ALLOY FRONT RIS HANDGUARDS IN BLACK AND DARK EARTH!!!

...MAGPUL PTS MASADA 10.5" CQB BARRELS!!

LIMITED STOCKS WILL BE AVAILABLE!!

:D