MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I suppose all the parts separately would add up (outer, inner, hop parts, gas block, flash hider, gas piston etc) but that does still feel quite expensive.

Guess it'll be the rail soon, then the 10.5 after that; no sense releasing that before having the appropriate handguard available.

I suppose all the parts separately would add up (outer, inner, hop parts, gas block, flash hider, gas piston etc) but that does still feel quite expensive.

Guess it'll be the rail soon, then the 10.5 after that; no sense releasing that before having the appropriate handguard available.

Yeah I totally understand the price. It's something that can only serve the few people who own a very specific gun, and that still doesn't mean every single one of those people will want the barrel. But from a poor college kid's perspective...OUCH. Although after thinking it over today, I have wanted that barrel since before the gun was even released, and I'm pretty sure I messed up the nub in my current barrel, so I may actually break down and buy this eventually.

the price is definitely around the same ballpark price as you would for an M4. for example, lets use the tm sopmod. $60 for the Laylax short outter barrel. another $50 for a good tightbore barrel. $20 or so for a flashider...thats still not including the hop up ruber, and fake gas block, etc. Id say its a good price, just not a favorable price. but your also forgetting the practicality of the unit.

Here's a question for ya'll. Anyone going to keep their 14.5" after they get a CQB barrel? I'm sure some will love to be able to exchange back and forth, but does 3" of airsoft barrel actually make a huge difference?

Personally, I just compromised and cut mine to 12" or so. It's a cheaper alternative.:P

Here's a question for ya'll. Anyone going to keep their 14.5" after they get a CQB barrel? I'm sure some will love to be able to exchange back and forth, but does 3" of airsoft barrel actually make a huge difference?

Personally, I just compromised and cut mine to 12" or so. It's a cheaper alternative.:P

If I do get it, I will keep both and switch them. But, at the moment, I have no plans to buy a shorter barrel. The only accessories I am interested in currently are the RIS and potentially the longer barrel and hanguard.

Cough cough it's been a marathon to get to the end of this thread, but I'm glad I read it all carefully... Anywoooo. Hi! I'm Hunter! I am known around ASF a bit (at least I hopeblink.gif) lol been into airsoft for a while and picked up a PTS Masada a month or two ago (FDE MPTS01544) and have had absolutely 0... well. only 1 issue with it! Hop up.... crappiest thing ever. Can't get it to do *suitcase*. w/e I'll just mod it to have a scs nub in there, maybe do some other stuff in there we'll see how much needs done rolleyes.gif Other than that the thing is a beauty after 12,000 rounds of Matrix .23gs through it. Only thing I have put in so far is a Systema Bucking but heres the list I am gathering! (slowly but surely....)

- Supershooter 7 metal tooth azimuth piston (already have)

- ARS MASK POM Piston Head

- ARS Sorbo Pan (for cylinder head)

- AWS Pulse Mosfet

- RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 gearset

- Element Ultra torque motor

-Deans connectors (installed) and better wiring (undecided on what yet)

2x FireFox 11.1v 20c 1200mah lipos (seem to be the best fit lipo I have found!)

- PDI 375mm 6.05 tbb (installed)

- Retractable stock (installed)

-Masada SD Suppressor (DE) and Blackout 51 FH (installed)

Slowly but surely I'll get'er done! Focusing on my tavor now though since only 2 more things and its done! (basically list for it consists of the same exact parts....)

Seems that I was one of the lucky ones! except for hopup... I turn it with the barrel out and it DOES move, it just doesnt seem to do anything sadly... oh well, tinkering to come! Hope to be lively around this thread! (can't say the same for the forum though, we'll see)

IMG_0728.jpg?t=1294120991

Welcome Hunter, nice looking weapon you have there. Almost the same specs as what I put into mine (Seigtek 14:1 gears, Scorpion HRC-X500, & I forgot if I put in a Planet AE or Tienly...if it's a Planet AE, I'll probably switch to the Tienly tonight). My ACR GB can be found in my HRC-X5000 review found here :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=192137&st=0&p=2402574entry2402574

A note, let me know how you go with the Super Shooter piston. I found my Super Shooter (1xmetal tooth) couldn't cycle properly and noticed the piston length is somewhat longer than the stock PTS one. Eventually I used an Element Red full metal which was in-between in length of the stock PTS and Super Shooter.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=184343&st=1420 (scroll down post #1436)

Kind of have my worried as the piston is one of the only thing I already have bought lol, can't afford to waste money. Have too many projects going on, every dollar countswink.gif can <1mm extra length make a major difference in the cycle? also that's a good lookin fet wink.gif I know the guy that made the AWS fets though so I'm hoping I can talk him into making my RoF tunings to be 25-20-15 instead of the 10 lol (i don't think I would ever use that)

Forgot to mention my "aim for" fps is 390 with a .2, with that fps and the parts I have planned, I'm fully expecting a good 35 rps lol, but that's what the fet is there for wink.gif

Which ratio of Seigtek/RiotSC's gears are you using though? He has multiple V2's with different ratios (GS-R, GS-B, GS-T, GS-TP). Note the GS-R (14:1 is rated up to 1J which your 390fps is way over 1J). So maybe the GS-B or GS-T. That extra 1mm (in fact it's not even 1mm, it's almost) has made a difference in my build. It locked up everytime with my Super Shooter - and mine's without sorbo. Do take note that RiotSC's last (release) tooth in the sector gear is larger than the rest since it pulls at the greatest compression. Maybe that's why it locks up but I find PTS GB to be less tolerant than standard V2. Switching to the Element with marginally more play helped me.

But give your Super Shooter a shot, see how you go with it. If you have success I'd like to know how - (I'm guessing stronger torque motor than one I'm using).

Yeah, AWS Frank's a great guy.