MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I was told the 1 j limit for the revolution set is with a tm motor, and that the element will be able to power it like a champ. By lock up, what do you mean? Should sorbo do anything to fix/make it worse if it is to occur? I really hope I don't have problems with this build unsure.gif Not so much the $ factor or the pain it is to fix, but I want this thing top notch in the field to have people hating on my as soon as possible! biggrin.gif

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Interesting, if that were the case, if I were RiotSC, I wouldn't have put a J limit on the gears but on the motor instead. You may be ok with the GS-R but just to let you know he did put the specs down to 1J for the gears. Anyhow, most likely it'll be tougher than advertised specs. Despite this, do take note that RiotSC's gear has broken before (http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1995.msg26198#msg26198) - but a very very rare occurrence.

By lockup, I mean piston pulled all the way back but un-releasable. Sorbo to fix the AOE should be fine. Initially I was concerned about the added length but it doesn't matter as it's the end of the piston to the release tooth that matters - not the added length between the release tooth and the piston head; that length doesn't matter.

I'm very happy with my ACR now with the mods I've done. The Scorpion HRC-X500 with the micro trigger gives is a almost a hair trigger. And with RiotSC's 14:1 GS-R gears & swiss cheesed Red Element piston, I have a decent RoF. But probably one of the most rewarding mods I did was to do the G-Hop on the hop-up, I'm getting good range and groupings whilst staying within Japan's legal limits. My colleagues who played with my ACR in our last field game were thoroughly impressed with it - it's my current pride and joy.

P.S. nice choice with the PTS ACR suppressor. When I got mine, the PTS wasn't out yet so I settled for a Gemtech :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=189637&st=0&p=2375211entry2375211

Edited by AnakChan

From what the maker of the gears told me, I'll be fine. As well as EVERYONE on ASF telling me it's fine. I'm sure it won't be a problem. As far as the locking up goes, I think I'm safe. Hopefully. Time will tell but from what I have gathered it seems my setup will power through any problems. What was the thing you did to your hopup? as that is the only issue I have having... Still kind of want to put a SCS nub on there like my tavor has tongue.gif and thanks on the compliment, it's very quite nice, although kind of front heavy now actually dry.gif I don't see myself using the suppressor in game much, more as just eye candy. We'll see though. It's not TERRIBLE. I DO although seeing myself using it with the tavor as it tends to be kind of back heavy... Oh well w/e, glad I made the purchase. Is it just me or do any type of bulky attachments, or any at all for that matter imo, just look.... bad on the masada? Idk. I just don't like it unless it is plain... Maybe it's because I don't want to scratch her yet tongue.gif nothing on this rail yet!

Edited by hmg9194

Ooo have I missed something? What is this magical hop-up upgrade? *want*

A quick summary before we get too off-topic, it's a highly experimental customised hop that I've been lucky to get a good range without going over the legal Japan limit. More info (and future discussions) here :-

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

Feel free to PM me offline though.

Seems a genius idea that has to be said, not sure I'd have the time or patience to set it up and fine tune until it was working just right though. By the looks of it, some manufacturer could produce factory made buckings with the big square inside to achieve the effect along with appropriate nubs, maybe... ?

That would be cool, but I can't believe there isn't just a real easy simple fix of the hopup arm to make it stronger and more sensitive and such. Also I questiong I had. WHY THE HELL do ALL AEGs hopups turn like 3/4 of it do NOTHING and only the 1/4 actually getting to where it is functional... It would be amazing if it was 1/2 to 1/2 or even 1/4 to 3/4 then it would take care of hopup problems in most guns sad.gif

A quick summary before we get too off-topic, it's a highly experimental customised hop that I've been lucky to get a good range without going over the legal Japan limit. More info (and future discussions) here :-

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=3603.0

Feel free to PM me offline though.

Google translate doesn't really cut it, but it looks like extra padding within the bucking? Higher gram BB's seem to fly further as you can add more spin. Interesting.

Will be interested to hear how you get on with that out the box bucking, wonder if they deliver to the UK...

It looks great, but I think magazines that'll cost about $25 a pop, that are never going to work in any other gun but this, might put a few people off.

PTS did a pretty good job making all the different modular bits for the gun I'm not denying that, it's just a shame about the restriction with the position of the hop unit.

Good point, the original docs show only 1xshort barrel but there's 2xtext next to it (11.5" AK short barrel, 10.5" CQ(B?).

However, based on current design, 10.5" would put the FH right under the gas block - little room to slip on a suppressor over. Unless they're re-designing a new barrel where the gas block is recessed even shorter (which I'd doubt since that's additional design/manufacturing overhead).

Yah that's old news lol, as far as the barrel goes, whats the point of 1 inch? I say this barrel is plenty cqbish, hell i think the regular barrel is easy to get by with.

Almost 3 inches actually. I think i like the short barrel as i dont have an extra 3 inches of gun to poke around doorways in CQB, which might not sound much, but when you hold the very end of the handguard, you know you can pretty much put the gun where your hand is. Rather than have to worry about the extra 4-5 inches that is beyond your hand.

Edited by SwatMP5man

It is unsubstantiated but I heard from a supplier that the CQB 10.5" barrel has been cancelled. TBH the 11.5" is plenty short enough and does at least mean that you can use a shorter barrel set up with the original polymer handguard without having to buy the RIS unit too. Which you would have needed to do for the 10.5" barrel.

Got mine on order with a suppressor so when it comes I'll take some photos and do a short review within the review!