MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Almost 3 inches actually. I think i like the short barrel as i dont have an extra 3 inches of gun to poke around doorways in CQB, which might not sound much, but when you hold the very end of the handguard, you know you can pretty much put the gun where your hand is. Rather than have to worry about the extra 4-5 inches that is beyond your hand.

Yah I meant the barrel they just released is fine for cqb

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

It is unsubstantiated but I heard from a supplier that the CQB 10.5" barrel has been cancelled. TBH the 11.5" is plenty short enough and does at least mean that you can use a shorter barrel set up with the original polymer handguard without having to buy the RIS unit too. Which you would have needed to do for the 10.5" barrel.

Got mine on order with a suppressor so when it comes I'll take some photos and do a short review within the review!

And if you got the masada sd in de its VERY nice :)

Tempted to get one. Currentely split between one of these and a KA Sig 556 variant. To be honest, I'm leaning torwards the 556. As far as I can tell from skimming through the thread, the very high price tag is basically for name(well... model)sake. It suffers from the same issues as ARES/STAR designs (I won't be contributing to the whole "IS IT OEM'D BY STAR?" discussion, relax), the initial package comes sporting a fixed stock and no ris option, for no less than 500€ and I've seen some EU shops run them around 600€+.

Considering you can get something relatively out of the ordinary (which is to say "not an M4 variant") for around 400€ sporting a RIS option right off the bat and with less reliability issues... I don't know. I have to say that even though I do love the ACR design, shelling out 500€, plus a few more hundreds in PTS-only options doesn't attract me much. Especially with the whole bit about the AK lower not being Marui-compatible.

Bare in mind, I'm not saying the gun sucks - I can't comment as I haven't even had the chance to hold one, let alone look properly or comment on it aside from what I can deduct from forum posts. I absolutely adore PTS's products, they're top-notch and well priced, but I can't help but feel the ACR feels out of line with the rest of their product line. It feels overpriced, reminding me of the days where you had to shell out 400€+ for a non-RIS, Full-Metal M4 that wasn't a Marui and as such, BOUND to have tons of reliability issues. Again, I'm not saying it's the case, but the analogy stands.

EDIT: Forgot about this little particular bit -- to top it off, I have to paint it accordingly to the absurd/draconic Portuguese laws. So that's painting a very, very, very hefty investment. Just the thought of doing it makes me cringe.

Edited by Solid Snake.pt

eh, I get the whole price complaint. But when I bought mine I was planning on picking up all the goodies so that I could switch them out at my subtle whim. I kinda knew the price point was going to get pretty ridiculous. I've already picked up a folding stock, mvg, and single point mount, as well as a mess of m-version pmags. Now I have to save up another $200 for the barrel and suppressor, I would be more forlorn, but I just enjoy putting money into this sucker. It's honestly what I wished my first AEG had been like 6 years ago when I got it.

What's the proper way to release the spring in this gun after a game? Flick the trigger until you hear the motor move or until you hear one shot? I think I didn't release it right and now it shoots pretty slow.

With magazine removed and rifle pointed in a safe direction, give it a couple full trigger pulls in semi.

Do any of you run a sling on your Masadas, if so what type and what fixings are you using ? I don't currently have a MOLLE vest so one that attaches isn't practical for me at present, although I am thinking swapping to one. Please just recommend me what works for you and I'll have a look at everything.

Off topic I know, however I've stuck Masada sling in the search function and am only pulling results for masada.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by justm

I have the single point sling mount on mine with a random 1 point until I get my ms2 eventually. Internal upgrades before that though :D

Heres my list for you all to feast your eyes on if you like:

Element Max Torque motor

RiotSC Revolution Gen.2 gearset

AWS Pulse mosfet

ARS MASK POM Piston Head

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo Pad

PDI 6.05mm tbb (installed)

Systema bucking (installed)

Hopefully I can get this things accuracy problem taken care of though... it tends to shoot way low and a little to the right..

Got my 11.5" barrel and suppressor today And they are worth the money! it cost me £140 from ehobbyasia and took about 4-5 days to get here. The fit and finish is excellent and the markings on the suppressor is spot on.

One thing worth noting is the barrel inside was FILTHY!! and the inner wasn't aligned quite right in the outer and was canted slightly to the left so the hop nub wouldn't put vertical pressure on the BB. It' isn't a major problem though and can be fixed by just re-aligning it.

I have the UK spec masada and it dropped straight in and was nice and snug and so didn't need the supplied barrel spacers.

Overall, yes very happy as along with the RIS it gives me a weapons platform I can use for pretty much every game; which is a shame for the rest of my guns!!!

Got my 11.5" barrel and suppressor today And they are worth the money! it cost me £140 from ehobbyasia and took about 4-5 days to get here. The fit and finish is excellent and the markings on the suppressor is spot on.

One thing worth noting is the barrel inside was FILTHY!! and the inner wasn't aligned quite right in the outer and was canted slightly to the left so the hop nub wouldn't put vertical pressure on the BB. It' isn't a major problem though and can be fixed by just re-aligning it.

I have the UK spec masada and it dropped straight in and was nice and snug and so didn't need the supplied barrel spacers.

Overall, yes very happy as along with the RIS it gives me a weapons platform I can use for pretty much every game; which is a shame for the rest of my guns!!!

Too bad the gasblock still protrudes outside the RIS....;)