MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Has anyone tried to put an EGLM on their ACR? I have read that many people were able to put an eglm on their A&K masada but when I took my gun to Evike and tried a VFC Eglm it would not fit! Anyone able to help me on this?

It'd probably work just fine with a STAR/ARES EGLM, the attachment mechanism on the VFC is the most horrific blight upon mankind since the black plague.

Because I had one, and it wouldn't attach to anything I tried it with, including a SCAR-L. There's reports out there by people who've bought one to go on a VFC SCAR (which surely it should fit to right?) and it still hasn't worked. Basically the 'jaws' that lock on to the rail are recessed far too deep in to the top of the launcher, so you pretty much have to attach a scope riser like this on to the bottom rail of your gun, then attach the VFC to that. Which is obviously a bad idea.

It doesnt just fit straight on the A&K version either, you need to make a spacer for the under rail so the launcher clears the hand guards. I'd imagine it would be something similar with the Ares one.

The ARES is totally different, the locking mech sits right at the top so it'll bolt right on to pretty much any rail with no problem. Here's my ARES on a King Arms CASV, no washers or extra mounts just right on to the normal rail:

th_P1000305.jpg

The VFC wouldn't even go close when I tried to do the same thing with it. Whether it'd be reasonably easy to attach the VFC to the ACR handguard using the MOE rails and some longer bolts/washers I'm not sure, obviously it's possible with the right bits and some work but I don't think it'd be as secure or solid compared to using the ARES, certainly wouldn't be my personal choice.

Edited by CKinnerley

Fatscout. IIRC the nozzle and hop is for the A&K masada.

Now that the internals are not ARES/STAR... what is the way to tell? Im kind of interested in getting one now, but not with the bleh gearbox.

No, this is a new version for the Magpul version. It was just released, but I have heard nothing about it. Their site has almost zero info except price.

Edited by fatscott

For anyone wondering about barrel/hop-up combinations...

I just tried a madbull precision 6.01 tightbore (m4 length) with a madbull shark blue hop rubber vs. the original rubber.

madbull hop was useless with .20's and .25's, very inconsistent. But the stock rubber (on full hop) throws our .25's with almost perfect accuracy at good range.

anyone used any similar set ups?

Hi,

I'm the writor of the post on france-airsoft about the wiitech hop up (so sorry for my english, I'm french ^^).

so the wiitech hop up chamber is very good. It's improve my FPS (from 330fps to 340fps with stock ressort and Tanio koba 363mm and Translucide Guarder bucking, but stock rubber).

The wiitech nozzle is longer than the stock part (about 1mm).

But the stock rubber isn't powerfull to pull up the 0.25g bb, so I order a blue madbull, normaly I receive it this week, I will give you my feedback.

some picture of my post :

img0549pn.jpg

img0555uu.jpg

if someone have any solution to improve the hop up to pull up the bb, said it ! :).

I have a 6.01mm madbull tightbore and tried using a G&P bucking...I got similar results to jimmythetool....the bb's were everywhere...in otherwords, I didn't notice any performance gains vs the stock barrel and stock bucking. I'm gonna try replace the bucking with the stock one and will post results. I didn't notice any FPS gain either. Stock, it was firing 320 FPS with .20. It was still firing 320 after the tightbore.

This I highly doubt. PTS has no dealings with Remington or their designs. PTS only deals with Magpul designs and products. Even the current PTS ACR design is off the final generation of Magpul's Masada before it was sold off to Bushmaster and Remington who then further modified parts of the original design. So if Remington produces it, it is highly UNLIKELY PTS will produce it as well.

If I remember correctly AAC is a subsidiary of Remington; and, as you recall, PTS released the AAC Blackout 51T flashhiders and AAC M4-2000 licensed (if I recall correctly) from AAC. Thus it's not entirely true that PTS had no dealings with Remington. After looking at the prices for the RIS foregrip, however, I doubt that I would be interested in such a product anymoremellow.gif...

Ok FINALLY finished the mods on the ACR:

-Front flip-BUIS removed and replaced with rail

-Shortened barrel to 10.5" with gasblock tucked into RIS

-Bushmaster ACR RIS

-PTS trademarks removed

-Upper receiver sprayed coyote brown (not a perfect match, but oh well!)

-Shell deflector sprayed black

Will be going with an AAC trilug soon and possibly a silencer option.

IMG_6259.jpgIMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6262.jpgIMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6264.jpgIMG_6261.jpg

Comments appreciated. :)

Edited by Noveske
  • Like 3