MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Version 2 gearbox is already in the new guns. As PTS decided to make there own and not use Ares

Kithooton, possibly I'm not up-to-date, but so far you're the only person I know who's claimed of a V2 of the ACR. Do you have quote or anyone else who can back up this claim?

• Like 1

As far as I know there are 2 versions of the gearbox, but nothing like a new design or anything.

There was the 'original' Asian spec one, then the export/UK spec one which featured slightly higher quality paint/wiring/soldering and possibly a different spring. This was to comply with UK import laws, following the changes it was easier for PTS to make every gearbox to this spec, so this is possibly the 'second version' mentioned. In which case it is the gearbox in every legit UK and and all of the newer batch ones being made.

• Like 1

Version 2 gearbox is already in the new guns. As PTS decided to make there own and not use Ares

Where do you actually get this information from or do you just make it up? :huh:

PTS have never acknowledged that the gearbox was manufactured by Ares as far as anything I've read (although that looks very much the case due to the similarities) and I never saw/heard any announcements that they were going to be using a different manufacturer for the internals other than the current one.

• Like 1

I'll find it for you. I did post it ages ago before. It's quoted by.... Either Airsoft Pacific or Airsoft Outlet NW. @ Shootshow 2011 on YouTube and on there website. So look there for details. It could be BS or Not. But I didn't make it up dude so get off your high horse.

The PTS guy was talking about making there own gearbox from now on, as they are doing a complete M4 version internal and external (Not using current G&P etc internal) And the ACR is the same version . So No new design just manufactured by PTS and not putting Ares Gearbox. (It could possibly have a cut-off system after the last round, Similar to Tokyo Marui Sopmod.)

But as to know which one has the Ares or PTS manufactured Gearbox. You wouldn't know the difference!

Youtube Links: Video 1

Quoted by Airsoft Outlet NW

We stopped by the MAGPUL booth at the 2011 SHOT Show, and found out an interesting piece of news. MAGPUL will no longer be announcing new products at the SHOT Show. Instead, they will only release new products through their website. MAGPUL PTS, on the other hand, did have quite a bit of news, along with one or two really cool upcoming products.

The first thing we noticed when we walked in the MAGPUL PTS booth was a funky little rifle hanging on the wall. Called the PDR, or Personal Defense Rifle, this little guy is a very early prototype, but we really liked what we saw. It will use a standard M4 magazine, but the bullpup configuration is similar to the P90 for close quarters and vehicular use. Other than the magazine compatibility, one huge improvement on this bullpup design is the magazine release button location. Since it's situated above the trigger, it will allow for the firing hand to release the mag while the support hand readies a new mag. MAGPUL PTS has just started on this project, so it will probably be ready in about a year, if the project proceeds.

magpul_pts_pdr.jpg

One item that should be available much sooner is the MAGPUL ACR 7.62 (1 / 2)This AEG will come in a CQB setup with the short barrel, RIS handguard, and possibly the folding stock as well. The ACR 7.62 was pictured at last year's SHOT Show, but is nearly ready to ship this year. Spartan Imports will be carrying these, as well as the rest of the MAGPUL PTS lineup. One note on the 7.62 ACR was confirmed regarding the magazines. Because this rifle is a modular system, both variants use the same gearbox and barrel assembly. This limitation means that the Beta Project MAGPUL AK style magazines for this rifle will be unique. The mags themselves are nearly identical to the existing Beta Project AK mags, but the feed hole location is different. This fact is offset by the fact that these magazines will be very affordable.

Although they aren't available right now, the 7.62 lower receiver for the ACR does fit the standard model, and should be available as an aftermarket component down the road. We asked MAGPUL PTS about the gas conversion for the ACR as well. They do still intend to produce a gas conversion system that will fit existing ACR airsoft rifles, but they are waiting for the KWA LM4 to clear ATF before they pursue any engineering aspects of the conversion. This is in part because of the current ambiguity regarding gas blowback airsoft rifles, and in part because they want to test all the available options to decide on the best engine to base the ACR GBBR on.

Another possible ACR model we may see is the ACR SPR. As pictured, the SPR sports a PRS style stock and an 18 inch barrel. There is no confirmation on this setup yet, but if sales are strong on other ACR models, you can bet this one will follow.

Purists may note that on existing airsoft MAGPUL PTS ACR rifles, the handguard is larger than that found on the Bushmaster or Remington ACR. This was to accommodate NiMH type airsoft batteries. This year MAGPUL PTS is releasing the 'slimline' or real-spec handguard for the ACR AEG. These handguards will only fit slim lithium polymer batteries, so they will limit battery options but will provide a more realistic look.

MAGPUL PTS is also releasing a small slate of accessory products this year. The PMAG 30G, which fits G36 airsoft rifles, will be available this year. These slim mags will be easier to fit in mag pouches and will feature the same build quality and reliability as the PTS PMAGs. Following MAGPUL USA's releases, MAGPUL PTS will also very shortly have the AFG2 and the MBUS 2. While this may not be huge news for US airsoft players, who can buy the real thing easily enough, it means that international airsoft players will have access to the same style parts, since the original MAGPUL parts cannot be exported.

As some have already noted, the AAC Blackout Flashhider and QD Suppressor for the ACR are available overseas, but have not yet reached US stores. While the flashhider itself is avaiable, the mock suppressor has not yet been approved by the ATF. Pending ATF approval, multiple sizes of the AAC SCAR style mock suppressor and flash hider should be available this summer.

magpul_pts_moe_mid.jpg

Second maybe only to the PDR was the news that MAGPUL PTS will be starting an MOE line of proline airsoft rifles. A full length rifle version was on display at the SHOT Show booth, as well as two other intriguing models. One MAGPUL PTS MOE model was a midlength M4 carbine (left). For those who own midlength carbines in a real AR platform, this would make the opportunity to perfectly match your real steel rifle for training purposes. The other was a .308 replica with auniquely styled receiver. While many would consider these MOE AEG's merely filler, we were told that these rifles will feature a cut-off mechanism that will stop the rifle when the magazine is empty. If this pans out, the MAGPUL PTS AEG line would be only the 2nd M4 style rifle imported into the US to have this feature. Many players and trainers alike value the fact that a rifle will stop when the magazine is empty, giving them a more realistic experience. On a side note, rumors from

Airsoftology claim that MAGPUL PTS is no longer outsourcing manufacturing, but is doing the OEM themselves.

While the big news is still in the long term for MAGPUL PTS, they've been making steady progress on providing all the accessories and variants of the Masada / ACR, and have cooked up a new specialty project to tease those who have the patience to wait for the PDR. With the coming of their proline AEG line, we may have a new contender for a top-level training airsoft rifle if they can replicate the bolt-stop feature that is so rare in airsoft rifles. Either way, their unmistakable MAGPUL twist on every model will certainly set this line that much more apart from the M4 you're used to. As MAGPUL USA continues to release products, MAGPUL PTS will faithfully recreate them, providing airsofter users with top quality training tools, and continuing to distinguish MAGPUL as the first manufacturer to wholly embrace the airsoft and training side of firearms and firearm accessories.

Edited by kithooton
  • Like 1

All that article says is that they are no longer outsourcing manufacturing but it doesn't specifically say they are already using their own manufactured gearboxes in the ACR yet. It seems to point more to the fact that their new Proline AEG's will be manufactured by them and maybe have a bolt stop feature like the marui sopmod but it doesn't exactly point to the ACR, although I can now see how you are putting two and two together.

• Like 1

All that article says is that they are no longer outsourcing manufacturing but it doesn't specifically say they are already using their own manufactured gearboxes in the ACR yet. It seems to point more to the fact that their new Proline AEG's will be manufactured by them and maybe have a bolt stop feature like the marui sopmod but it doesn't exactly point to the ACR, although I can now see how you are putting two and two together.

Yes. But you can see that its going to be the same gearbox in the PTS M4 with all the new Gizmo's functions and what i'm getting to, it wont be long for the ACR to have the same features.

About the Version 2 Gearbox is just the same Version. But PTS using there own manufactured Gearbox and not using the Ares one. There's a article I saw trying to find, about PTS designers making there own internal and external airsoft guns and not going to other company for parts. PTS see the successful ACR doing well. Very well but do notice week point to improve. Thats Why PTS was only at the Shotshow 2011 and not Magpul.

Airsoft have a huge market protectional. Also in the USA Airsoft is becoming a great Tool for training for Police and Military.

It also said about the M4 having new functions similar to TM sopmod due its more realistic for the player/ Military. KWA USA are going the same way with the Stop function with the new AK and M4 versions.

Hi All,

Here is a quick and simple Magpul Masada ACR Registry.

http://www.ginganinga.com/MMAR/

Simply create an account and add your details.

Please read the posting guidelines as well.

Let me know what I can do to improve it (over at the registry).

Also, is there a better place to list this so that it doesn't disappear in a day or two, as I would like as many ACR users to see and use the registry.

Thanks.

Great idea tongue.gif

Bump

Great idea. Any other owners out there who haven't registered, it's a great resource, especially if you follow it as an RSS feed.

I don't see why everyone uses the front Mbus, I think it's ugly as sin

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I like the look. I have mine backwards as it gives me a little more room on the front for the front site. Forwards and it sits back a little further. I'll let you know how I like the arrangement.

Morbiz,

Please let us know how you like the Wiitech hop up and nozzle. I may actually purchase these if you think you're getting better performance from them.

WIITech made a hopup for the PTS ACR??! Since when? Or are we talking about the A&K Masada?

WIITech made a hopup for the PTS ACR??! Since when? Or are we talking about the A&K Masada?

Oh yesh they did! Here is the link

http://www.wiitech.com.hk/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=331

This is more of a air nozzle upgrade than a hop up upgrade. This is because the Wii Tech hop up uses the same components as the stock one.

I will be testing the parts tomorrow.

Thanks Morbiz! Can't wait to see how it performs. I'm taking my ACR out tomorrow for the first skirmish. Everything internal is stock except for the bucking.

@all

I"m thinking about adding the following short term to get ready for an Op here on the east coast of the US (OP: Pine Plains V):

1. MOSFET - AWS' Sentry MDC-X500 - Just looking to be able to use 11.1 Lipos, decent trigger response, and generally protect my motor and trigger switch.

2. Cylinder - From feedback here the stock cylinder doesn't like lipos and 120 springs. Any suggestions on a good replacement?

3. Hopup/Nozzle - Wii Tech setup depending on how Morbiz's experience with it turns out. I can't imagine its worse but I"m thinking a few extra FPS on the better seal.

I'm also considering a new piston head and motor. Any thoughts on what's worked?

My friend forgot to bring out the chrono so I wasn't able get an FPS reading. However, there was a noticeable difference in speed and range. I thank the air nozzle. The housing, imo, is useless because it uses the same arm, nub, and screw as the stock one. If Wii Tech sold the air nozzle separately, which they don't, I would recommend buying that. So basically you are buying a $40 air nozzle.

P.S. If you get this I wouldn't even go through the trouble of trying to replace the housing.

Edited by morbiz

My friend forgot to bring out the chrono so I wasn't able get an FPS reading. However, there was a noticeable difference in speed and range. I thank the air nozzle. The housing, imo, is useless because it uses the same arm, nub, and screw as the stock one. If Wii Tech sold the air nozzle separately, which they don't, I would recommend buying that. So basically you are buying a $40 air nozzle.

P.S. If you get this I wouldn't even go through the trouble of trying to replace the housing.

You know, I was thinking the same thing, only because of the larger bulk of the WiiTech hopup unit. Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any FPS readings with a spring value? I tested a 120 spring on stock everything except bucking yesterday and got around 410-420 FPS with .20's.

Separate question:

I believe the mechbox uses 8mm bearings/bushings. Has anyone upgraded the bushings to bearings yet? Would that help with performance/wear on gears?

Another thing I forgot to tell you guys is my hop-up stopped working. I took apart the hop-up unit and found that the hop-up arm sits tighter in the stock unit than the Wii Tech one. In the Wii Tech there might not be enough resistance to keep the hop-up steady so I put the stock one back in. My nub also looked a little squished and deformed so I flipped it upside down.

On another note... I believe Wii Tech could have used the "block-y-ness" of thier unit to acomodate a traditional hop up arm.

EDIT:

I just read that If you put water on a bucking it will loose its grip on the BB... I washed my bucking with water soooooooo that probably = leading cause of fail hop-up...

Anybody care to donate a hop-up bucking :D

Edited by morbiz