MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Do you guys have MOSFETs in there?

My 2 yen worth :-

I have an AWS Scorpion X500 in mine (review found here http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=192137&pid=2434891&st=0entry2434891). However, I believe the failures Megalomaniac are seeing is has more to do with the poor auto-cutoff mechanism (the springy bit) than with whether he's FETted it or not. The micro-trigger failures are common with Tavor's too (which uses the same concept).

I have a feeling the failure is due to sheer number of trigger pulls, this micro switch lasted through two bags of bioval .27s (3700 each), 1 bag of TSD .28s (5000), 1 bag of TSD BIO .26s (3000), and 1 bag of Bioval .25s (4000) for a total of around 19k rounds assume 18k of those went through the gun, each and every one of those was done on semi, since late November/Early December.

I have a feeling the failure is due to sheer number of trigger pulls, this micro switch lasted through two bags of bioval .27s (3700 each), 1 bag of TSD .28s (5000), 1 bag of TSD BIO .26s (3000), and 1 bag of Bioval .25s (4000) for a total of around 19k rounds assume 18k of those went through the gun, each and every one of those was done on semi, since late November/Early December.

Curious, what kind of batteries are you using?

Well theres your problem most likely, no 11.1 lipo waggle.gif mosfet, then lipobiggrin.gif

MY GUN IS GOING TO BE DONE ON WEDNESDAY, VIDEO WILL FOLLOW :DDDDD

Everything I'm putting into it:

RiotSC Rev. Gearset

Azimuth 7 steel tooth piston

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo

AWS Pulse Mosfet

11.1v 1200mah batteries (x4)

Deans

PDI 6.05mm barrel

PDI W Hold Bucking

Element Max torque motor

Prometheus POM Piston Head

Later I'm going to put in the Wiitech air nozzle and maybe the hopup, once he hear more opinions of it..

My 2 yen worth :-

I have an AWS Scorpion X500 in mine (review found here http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=192137&pid=2434891&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=2434891). However, I believe the failures Megalomaniac are seeing is has more to do with the poor auto-cutoff mechanism (the springy bit) than with whether he's FETted it or not. The micro-trigger failures are common with Tavor's too (which uses the same concept).

The number of trigger pulls and short MTBF on these make sense.

So are they easy to fix? If not, where do you find a replacement for these if you need to and can you get a beefier version with a higher MTBF?

Edited by Nikon

I've ran 8.4v Minis, 9.6v nunchuck, and 11.1v 15c Li-Po. The 9.6v is my prefered battery as if I do need to go FA I can do so without fear of overspin, but the trigger response on 11.1 is amazing.

Do you know if the trigger microswitches are rated to use 12.6V? (full charged LIPO) I've been using 7.4Vs and haven't had any issues thus far on both my ACRs.

Thats TWO micro-switches I've had fail now, my current one works fine in SEMI but if you pull all the way to the rear in AUTO it stops firing. GREAT.

Where do you buy replacment micro switches? ithink i'm having the same problem with mine. My masada is been out for 2 weeks now and i cant seem to figure out the problem. i was thinking on replacing the micro switch to see if that works. Can i buy this part at radio shack or fry's?

So I heard from various sources that Magpul was no longer going to outsource the gearbox to Ares and create their own in-house version for the gen 2 Masada. I sent a few e-mails off to various dealers asking if they had heard anything about this and if they were getting these "gen 2" Masadas in stock anytime soon...

I found the first reply I received interesting...

I don’t know where you got the idea the internals are made by ARES. It is totally untrue. The biggest falsehood. The item made at the present time is by magpul PTS. Magpul has not licensed and will not licenese this item to anyone for now. All parts are genuine Magpul PTS parts. There is no version 2 and most likely will not have one. All parts on this rifle is unique to Magpul Masada ACR. ARES has no involvement in this.

Hmmmm...