MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

... but after cutting a sliver off the end of my hop-up rubber and adding a strip to the top I get fantastic performance out of my hop-up.

I think I get it. The extra rubber allows the hop up nub to push down further into the barrel, correct?

I agree with Lefty though on the quality thing. Most reasons people post is to discuss problems. Even considering 93+ pages on this thread, it's likely not something that's widespread. I've been impressed with the external quality and design of the AEG. The internals aren't too bad either.

If you like it, buy it.

Nikon had the right idea. I put a madbull bucking on and I could tell the actual nub wasn't getting good contact, by cutting about a millimeter off the end the rubber fit farther onto the barrel.

Hmmm. I was actually thinking the "adding a strip to the top..." gave the nub a thicker part of the bucking in the area of contact therefore giving it more to push down on. So all you did was cut off a millimeter toward the front of the barrel and the nub worked better?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7855

PDI W Hold bucking now in stock at ASGI, go get one guys. You will not be disappointed.

They increased the accuracy in my masada at 170 feet from like 3-4 foot spread to about 7 inches, not to mention my hop needed to use a .25 went from all the way and needing more to about 1/3 on all the way.

I was wondering what guys are using for springs? I took the stock spring out and noticed it is much smaller than the stock Madbull 120 spring. Are people just cutting springs down? Or using a specific spring?

Thanks

Have you noticed there's a quite big spacer/weight inside piston.

I removed that, cause I replaced the piston head (using head with bearing by Modify)

Btw, has anyone tried to replace cylinder head? I was thinking to try G36C/AUG head... there's not much difference in length (I'm also using Wii Tech nozzle)

Have you noticed there's a quite big spacer/weight inside piston.

I removed that, cause I replaced the piston head (using head with bearing by Modify)

Btw, has anyone tried to replace cylinder head? I was thinking to try G36C/AUG head... there's not much difference in length (I'm also using Wii Tech nozzle)

pretty sure it's proprietary.

On another note, has anyone had any problems fitting aftermarket gears or pistons?

I got a super shooter azimuth clone with 7 metal teeth and riotsc revolution gen.2 version 2 gears and apparently they aren't wanting to go, needing modification.

Edited by hmg9194

You didn't happen to snap any photos of the micro switch did you ?

Wondering if it's just a common type that can be replaced easily, for that day when it comes.

Here you go. I was having trouble after adding a AWS Sentry. The problem wasn't the Sentry, but likely the micro switch or more specifically my crappy soldering job on the switch contacts which I corrected.

Found this part on Digikey. The rating isn't quite as high, but looks like it would work.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=480-3183-ND

I also noticed a little nick in one of the signal wires. I added a little shrink wrap around the wire there to reinforce. Seems to be firing well now. Also added a different piston and piston head. Much quieter now.

Note this was an upgrade on my part. Stock the AEG fired fine.

post-71469-0-88049000-1301407496_thumb.png

Edited by Nikon
  • Like 1

pretty sure it's proprietary.

On another note, has anyone had any problems fitting aftermarket gears or pistons?

I got a super shooter azimuth clone with 7 metal teeth and riotsc revolution gen.2 version 2 gears and apparently they aren't wanting to go, needing modification.

I'm going to use this kind of cylinder head. Though, mine is made by Modify.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shs-steel-cylinder-head-for-g36-aeg-long-type-nozzle.html

The piston I have has one teeth removed and fits very well with Riot gears.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shs-full-steel-14-teeth-piston.html

I think the shimming of Riot spur gear is a bit tricky. It can be shimmed quite easily too tight.

Edited by rautasami
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been upgrading my internals over the past week. I was having trouble with the motor getting hot which turned out to be some binding as spur gear was pushing the piston past the last tooth. I also added some padding to the cylinder head and adjusted the AOE.

I'm really interested if that AUG/G36 head will work.

Was there ever a solution found for a non functioning hopup ? I tried changing the bucking and still no results. The hopup is working , looked at it with the barrel removed.

I'm going to say this ONE MORE TIME. DAMN. The solution is not a conventional bucking. Buy either a PDI W Hold Bucking or KWA 2GX Bucking, I prefer and recommend the PDI. I have it and under half way on hops a .25 perfectly.

I'm going to say this ONE MORE TIME. DAMN. The solution is not a conventional bucking. Buy either a PDI W Hold Bucking or KWA 2GX Bucking, I prefer and recommend the PDI. I have it and under half way on hops a .25 perfectly.

Both of these seem to work great , from the reviews, but it still doesn't solve the problem of the hopup not functioning. There must be some people out there with hopups that work fine, I was looking for more of a solution to figure what is wrong with the ones that are malfunctioning and fix it.

Both of these seem to work great , from the reviews, but it still doesn't solve the problem of the hopup not functioning. There must be some people out there with hopups that work fine, I was looking for more of a solution to figure what is wrong with the ones that are malfunctioning and fix it.

May not know the situation, I could barely hop a .2 before I replaced the bucking with the PDI one. This may be the problem they are having.