MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

With this gun, it makes you WANT to buy the premium pmags. They click in like no other mag I've ever experience. Sometimes I even just sit there and keep putting it in and out :P

I'll second that. I thought about buying some green label PMAGs but with only 75 round vs. 120 I'd like to carry less with me if at all possible.

I have a team mate who has some of the green label mags. I'll see if he can loan me one for the day and see how it feeds.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Anyone used the green label Pmags/emags midcaps (the ones made by star) with Magpul Masada? Do those fit and feed well? I've read most of the topic (even used the search option) but didn't find the answer.

I did buy those for the Berget 9 game and I must say they are better then expected. Needless to say that they are not as nice as the PTS ones but they do get the job done in case of performance. Only drawback is the big tolerance. With six out of 10 I can make a speed reload - the last four do not fall out by pressing the magrelease. Second drawback might be that you can't use the original PTS rangerplates as you need to buy the Star ones.

Other than that they have a nice surface, good grip and the colour is fine too. Last but not least they are a lot lighter as the PTS ones.

They just don't have the Masada-feeling to it.

Would anybody know if it would be possible to fit the following internal tracer unit in the Masada?

Madbull Ultimate 3-in-1 Hop Up Chamber Unit w/ LED Module for M4 AEG

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-ultimate-3-in-1-hop-up-chamber-unit-w-led-module-for-m4-aeg.html

Not likely. This is a hop up for an M16. The hop up on a ACR is completely different That being said, if you ditched the hop up and took the chance of modifying the ACR hop up, you might be able to get away with it.

Edited by Nikon

I'm sorry to double post, but this should be a useful addition to the thread: I just made my review into a blog post, so it'll be easier for people to find (currently it's hidden somewhere in this ridiculously huge thread). I'm upgrading my Masada at the moment and I'll be updating the blog as I go, so people can keep track of it there instead of sifting through almost 100 pages here.

I'm having a bunch put in it. Here's the list:

Firefox 11.1v 20c 1200mah lipos (x4)

AWS Pulse Mosfet

Element Ultra Torque Motor

RiotSC Revolution Gen. 2 Gears

Super Shooter 7 metal tooth azimuth clone piston

Springs after all is done to put it at 390 and 350 fps' (he said short stroking might be needed but I haven't heard anything of it since)

Prometheus POM Piston Head

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo

PDI W Hold Bucking

PDI 6.05mm 300mm tbb

I plan on also having the microswitch replaced later and I am trying to decide between getting the Wiitech nozzle or the one you had made. Good things heard about the wiitech, can you tell me more about the one you had made? Great improvements? Sure would make my wallet happy if it was just as good or better :P

One thing though... I haven't had my gun for a good month and a half... My tech claims it just isn't all coming together as he wants it (he's a perfection freak, which is good but only to a certain point lol). He claims the gears needed modification and now the piston isn't wanting to work correctly. Idk if I want to believe his or not lol since a month and a half is enough time to MAKE a CUSTOM piston..

Edited by hmg9194

I'm having a bunch put in it. Here's the list:

Firefox 11.1v 20c 1200mah lipos (x4)

AWS Pulse Mosfet

Element Ultra Torque Motor

RiotSC Revolution Gen. 2 Gears

Super Shooter 7 metal tooth azimuth clone piston

Prometheus POM Piston Head

ARS Cylinder Head Sorbo

PDI W Hold Bucking

PDI 6.05mm 300mm tbb

I plan on also having the microswitch replaced later and I am trying to decide between getting the Wiitech nozzle or the one you had made. Good things heard about the wiitech, can you tell me more about the one you had made? Great improvements? Sure would make my wallet happy if it was good :P

I didn't do a before and after test with this nozzle so I can't say for sure, but it feeds perfectly and provides an excellent seal around the cylinder head nozzle, so I'm confident that compression will be more consistent. I haven't seen a Wiitech nozzle yet so I can't say how the two compare.

What spring are you going to be using in you Masada?

One thing though... I haven't had my gun for a good month and a half... My tech claims it just isn't all coming together as he wants it (he's a perfection freak, which is good but only to a certain point lol). He claims the gears needed modification and now the piston isn't wanting to work correctly. Idk if I want to believe his or not lol since a month and a half is enough time to MAKE a CUSTOM piston..

Yikes! That's a long time.

I know I was having some trouble with my piston binding but worked it out in a few days.

That all sounds entirely plausible to me. 6 weeks isn't so long to be working on a gun, especially a proprietary one with so many unique problems. May I ask who your tech is? And who selected the parts?

That all sounds entirely plausible to me. 6 weeks isn't so long to be working on a gun, especially a proprietary one with so many unique problems. May I ask who your tech is? And who selected the parts?

I selected the parts and my tech is AJ Obrien, known as Age on a couple forums. I'm not even really mad about him having my gun for so long but it's my only gun atm and I can't play until I get it back -.-

When I upgrade guns for people, I always insist on choosing the parts myself. But even then there can be compatibility issues, as manufacturing tolerances can be very loose. Try to customise a Masada and there's a whole host of extra problems thrown into the mix. I've heavily modified mine just to get standard parts to fit, but I'm nowhere near finished with it.

Any news on anything? Bout to get mine back, just told my tech to just put the stock piston back in. I need a working gun.

Whaaaat?? That's crazy talk. As a tech he should have a stockpile of different pistons for testing. I have an SHS full metal tooth piston in mine. I had to file down the teeth very slightly to prevent them rubbing the top of the sector gear on the forward stroke.

Whaaaat?? That's crazy talk. As a tech he should have a stockpile of different pistons for testing. I have an SHS full metal tooth piston in mine. I had to file down the teeth very slightly to prevent them rubbing the top of the sector gear on the forward stroke.

I was seeing the same thing. There was a binding at the very end of the forward stroke that I think was putting a burden on the battery and motor. Some pistons worked while others did not. I did keep the stock piston only because it took less filing to get it to work right.

He did try several pistons. It's ok though I get free check ups and retuning and he has a gearbox from one that he is going to keep trying to see what works and what doesn't so when I send it back after a while or after the stock piston breaks, it won't take long. How is the stock piston though? Is it polycarb?

He did try several pistons. It's ok though I get free check ups and retuning and he has a gearbox from one that he is going to keep trying to see what works and what doesn't so when I send it back after a while or after the stock piston breaks, it won't take long. How is the stock piston though? Is it polycarb?

I've found the stock piston is OK. The piston head is a little odd and the weight in the piston as part of the piston head was weird. I took that out and replaced the piston head.