MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

All modern airsoft motor designs use neodymium magnets. Ferrite motors are obsolete and to compare the two makes no sense.

Yes you can achieve good ROF with a torque motor, but at medium power levels you can use a HS motor with no loss of trigger response. All neo motors give relatively high torque.

Edited by Tacitus
  • Like 1

How well do the more experienced people here think the standard ACR internals would hold up if i were to put in a high torque motor and an m120?

Was only getting 302fps last time it was chrono'ed even with a 6.01 in

Cheers

Well, I have a HT motor and a 120 spring and I'm getting 350 fps with .25s.

Check your compression. I'm about to put a new nozzle and bearings in my box. I'll let you know if I do any better.

Sorry, should have said in my first post - the 302fps was with the stock motor and spring.

I was just wondering how well the stock gears and piston etc would hold up with a harder spring and faster motor

Have you had any issues Nikon?

None yet. I've only run this a few weekends at the field mostly on semi. I also have an AWS Sentry MOSFET. It's been shooting really well.

I did have to swap out the piston head though. There's an odd spacer/weight inside the piston that probably adds to the size of the spring you put in. While some may see that as a benefit, I'd rather know the spring I'm using is what I expect.

See also my previous post a few back that talks about the binding on the back stroke of the piston. The characteristics here are motor heating despite the adjustment of the motor height. I don't think everyone has this problem though. What I also found was the Angle of Engagement was important once the piston head was changed, so watch it closely.

I'll be opening the gear box next week to swap out bushings for bearings and also dropping in a new nozzle with a seal. I'll let you know if I see any unexpected wear on the gears or piston.

OK, so generally, a high speed motor will drain your battery faster but give you high rates of fire. It can also pull a 120 spring or less. A high torque motor is more efficient for batteries and can pull 120+ springs but gives a much lower ROF. It's a generalization, but is that correct?

aznriptide859, when you say "good enough battery source", what are you thinking? Maybe a 7.4v 2200mah 30C Lipo or something bigger? I'm thinking a high "C" rated battery will be much more efficient for a high torque motor.

On average a "decent" battery should output 30-40A continuous easily (i.e. why a lot of techs are opposed to buffer-tube lipos since they output a measly 25A max, yet for most, including myself, that's really the only option to go with) - if you go any higher, I believe you'll start to see HT motors have a similar RPM to HS motors.

I just spent about 3 hours reading through this topic as I am the new owner of a Magpul PTS Masada. I see that a number of you have had the same issue that I have regarding the hop-up shooting to the left or the right from the factory. However, I could NOT find a solution to this. Could somebody Please please please tell me how to correct this or direct me to a page where I can find this? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks so much for your help and I apologize if I am beating a dead horse.

I just spent about 3 hours reading through this topic as I am the new owner of a Magpul PTS Masada. I see that a number of you have had the same issue that I have regarding the hop-up shooting to the left or the right from the factory. However, I could NOT find a solution to this. Could somebody Please please please tell me how to correct this or direct me to a page where I can find this? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks so much for your help and I apologize if I am beating a dead horse.

First, set you hopup to minimum. Then remove the outer barrel, then from that take out the inner barrel. At one end of the inner barrel there's a rubber cylinder that fits over the barrel, this is called the bucking. Inside the bucking there is a mound which is supposed to sit inside the barrel (there is a window cut into the barrel for this purpose). As a BB is fired, the mount is the thing which causes the BB to spin, so the mound must be aligned with the exact top of the barrel. But if the mound is somehow malformed you will need a new bucking, so take a good look at the mound to make sure it looks even. If it looks okay, you can put it back on the barrel, making sure it's at the exact top of the barrel, then carefully re-assemble the rest of the gun. If the problem persists, you will need to disassemble the hopup chamber using a roll pin punch to inspect and possibly modify it. Although if you're unfamiliar with tuning AEG hopups I'd just take it to a tech who knows their way around a Masada.

:D my tech put the stock piston back in and it was past 30 rps but the piston broke during testing so he's getting a bunch of pistons to try out. Good news on the performance though lol. The fps at the time of that was over 400 too. Can't wait to get this thing back.

:D my tech put the stock piston back in and it was past 30 rps but the piston broke during testing so he's getting a bunch of pistons to try out. Good news on the performance though lol. The fps at the time of that was over 400 too. Can't wait to get this thing back.

Lol. Haven't decided yet because of one thing( but I am going shopping with a friend very soon). The microswitch is not replaceable with a stealth fet and the switch is unstable at higher power levels. Otherwise I am a fan. How's is yours, and what did you end up doing MOSFET and performance wise?

Yah, I can do simple things inside the gearbox but I leave the building to him. He doesn't just upgrade, he does every single thing he can to make it perform optimally.

The only reason anyone is talking about AEG tuning in this thread is that the PTS Masada is off-spec enough to introduce problems unique to this gun. Claiming you personally built yourself a great Masada doesn't help anyone figure out how to overcome these unique problems, because you didn't actually build it yourself and therefore don't know exactly what has gone into making it run nicely.

I posted a reply to your post over on ASM by the way.

Edited by Tacitus

The only reason anyone is talking about AEG tuning in this thread is that the PTS Masada is off-spec enough to introduce problems unique to this gun. Claiming you personally built yourself a great Masada doesn't help anyone figure out how to overcome these unique problems, because you didn't actually build it yourself and therefore don't know exactly what has gone into making it run nicely.

I posted a reply to your post over on ASM by the way.

I never claimed I built my masada, I said my tech did several times. If it seemed as if I did I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. As far as pitching in I can do plenty as my tech will tell me what he did to make things fit, and then I can let you all know.

I never claimed I built my masada...

]I put an AWS Pulse mosfet in it, and a bunch of other upgrades ending me at 410 fps at 32 rps. Not bad from a torque motor and a low powered 11.1v lipo ^_^

You appear to be suggesting that upgrading the Masada is as easy as any other AEG. What you don't seem to have understood is that the Masada is off the standard TM spec. This means that most aftermarket parts need careful selection and/or modification in order to become compatible. If you had worked on your gun personally, you would have realised this.

No need to get so heated up Tacitus. I'm sure we could ask hmg to get his tech on this forum and ASM. How about that hmg?

I'm not heated up, I'm just keen to keep useless information out of this thread. There are many problems that are unique to this gun only, and we need to figure out with as much accuracy as possible how to get the most out of it.

I'm not heated up, I'm just keen to keep useless information out of this thread. There are many problems that are unique to this gun only, and we need to figure out with as much accuracy as possible how to get the most out of it.

Thats why I go to see this thread. Still, that microswitch is a dealbreaker for me not to get it. I wish they didn't contract ares to make the damn thing...

I DID try to work on it tacitus, and, like I said, it required too much alteration for me to build it, so I sent it to me tech. I can get information from my tech about what he did to what to make it fit. As of right now all I know is that all aftermarket pistons were too big making it impossible to pull back.

I can get information from my tech about what he did to what to make it fit.

That would be wonderful!

As of right now all I know is that all aftermarket pistons were too big making it impossible to pull back.

So where did 32 RPS at 410 FPS come from?

I'd have to disagree with that statement...I'm running an unmodded red Element in my ACR at the moment.

Finally someone with some useful information! What else have you got running in your Masada? How's the performance?

Edited by Tacitus