MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

That would be wonderful!

So where did 32 RPS at 410 FPS come from?

Finally someone with some useful information! What else have you got running in your Masada? How's the performance?

Gotta dredge up an old photo from Dec last year :-

P1020558.jpg

- RiotSC's GS-R - Revolution (14.09) (Gen. 2)

- Red Element (the clear blue SuperShooter definitely didn't work as it locked up on every cycle - even with that PH washer removed)

- Was using a Planet AE1000 which was a very tight fit. I'm not happy with the Planet AEs so I'll put in a Tienly next (not done yet). Will see if it's an easier fit or not.

Note everything else is pretty much stock.

P.S. forgot to add I did put in the AWS Scorpion HRC-X500. Trigger response is absolutely beautiful.

Edited by AnakChan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Has anybody tried the acm high torque motors? I'd like to see if they would work. I'm ordering an XCR right now anyway, just waiting to see if I can get some P-mags with confirmation money :). I will get this gun some day though. Just like to see what works, I guess I can add that red element to my list.

Edited by The Jam

- Red Element (the clear blue SuperShooter definitely didn't work as it locked up on every cycle - even with that PH washer removed)

OK, maybe I need another cup of coffee this morning, but did you mean a red colored Element piston?

If so, I think it's a full metal teeth version, correct?

Note everything else is pretty much stock.

P.S. forgot to add I did put in the AWS Scorpion HRC-X500. Trigger response is absolutely beautiful.

I dropped the AWS Sentry and agreed the performance has been awesome.

The only other changes were a modified (shortened the shaft) of a JG HT motor, piston head with spring bearings, and a pad on the inside of the cylinder head to quiet things down.

Not sure why everyone is worried about the trigger micro switch. Sure it means you won't be able to put a stealth in the box but any of the AWS MOSFETS work very well and the way the system is put together, it's VERY easy to work on. The micro switches are also easy to find. I have a picture of it a few pages back and link or two to where to get them for about $4 USD.

Future upgrades include a sealed nozzle and some bearings to replace the bushings.

Edited by Nikon

OK, maybe I need another cup of coffee this morning, but did you mean a red colored Element piston?

If so, I think it's a full metal teeth version, correct?

Yep from the small dodgy store inside Yan On Building (Block A - from the Dentrinity entrance). It's the only other piston I had available lying around. I would have preferred not to use a full metal teeth but ces't la vie.

I dropped the AWS Sentry and agreed the performance has been awesome.

The only other changes were a modified (shortened the shaft) of a JG HT motor, piston head with spring bearings, and a pad on the inside of the cylinder head to quiet things down.

Not sure why everyone is worried about the trigger micro switch. Sure it means you won't be able to put a stealth in the box but any of the AWS MOSFETS work very well and the way the system is put together, it's VERY easy to work on. The micro switches are also easy to find. I have a picture of it a few pages back and link or two to where to get them for about $4 USD.

Future upgrades include a sealed nozzle and some bearings to replace the bushings.

I've no had problems with the micro trigger switch so far but then again I'm not pushing my ACR - just 0.98J spring, 7.4V 2600mAh 35C Lipo (at least to me that's not pushing it - I'm not doing anything crazy like 14.8V or 5000mAh type setups). Besides if it dies, as you've said, the micro trigger switches are easily obtainable. What worries me more is the the semi-auto block next to it (the trolley with the spring)...that's harder to replace.

I've no had problems with the micro trigger switch so far but then again I'm not pushing my ACR - just 0.98J spring, 7.4V 2600mAh 35C Lipo (at least to me that's not pushing it - I'm not doing anything crazy like 14.8V or 5000mAh type setups). Besides if it dies, as you've said, the micro trigger switches are easily obtainable. What worries me more is the the semi-auto block next to it (the trolley with the spring)...that's harder to replace.

I'm not really pushing mine either. The 7.4v 2200 30C battery is more than fine. I'm using a 120 spring though and ROF isn't as important as accuracy and some distance.

Agreed on the semi-auto block. I'm hoping we start seeing 3rd party stuff for this like the hop up and nozzles that are starting to show up. I'm thinking everything else seems to take standard parts. I think someone here also is trying an AUG cylinder head as a replacement. Would love to know if that worked....

Ok, update here. He said everything went in fine except the piston (as you all know) sooo here's what works:

-Element Ultra Torque Motor

-RiotSC Revolution Gearset

-Prometheus POM Piston Head

-Super Shooter 7 metal tooth Azimuth Piston

-ASR Cylinder Head Sordo Padding

-PDI 6.05mm 300mm tightbore barrel

-AWS Pulse Mosfet

-FireFox 11.1v 20c 1200mah Lipo

• Like 1

Thanks! Good to be able to add some more parts to the compatible list.

I have a few questions: Did the piston go in at all? If so, specifically what modification was needed? If not, why is it on the list?

Also, you mentioned over on ASM that the gears required modification. Can you specify what needed doing exactly?

Ok so I've been eying up the PolarStar Fusion Engine for a while now, but I love my Masada, so why not put the two together ? Only problem I am running into is I would have to gut the AEG portion of the gun for the Fusion engine, I tried contacting Magpul PTS but they won't sell a lower receiver part only. Figured I could ask here to see if anyone knows where I might be able to get one without having to buy a whole gun.

Piston would not go in whatsoever (and he tried several, trying more this week). And he mentioned doing something to the gears a while back but he didn't mention it again when I asked him about them, but I directly asked about the gears so I should have an answer for that in a bit.

its one of the best and most natural feeling AEGs I've ever laid my hands on.

Me too :D

I tried contacting Magpul PTS but they won't sell a lower receiver part only. Figured I could ask here to see if anyone knows where I might be able to get one without having to buy a whole gun.

I don't think spares are available, which is a shame because it's been out for a while now.

Piston would not go in whatsoever (and he tried several, trying more this week). And he mentioned doing something to the gears a while back but he didn't mention it again when I asked him about them, but I directly asked about the gears so I should have an answer for that in a bit.

Lol! So why did you include the piston in your parts list?

Sorry, didn't feel it necessary to comment on a place where the only interest is to criticize everything one has to say and look at all possible fault in it. I responded nevertheless.dry.gif

I'll be sure to post of any info I get about the gears here and there when I get it.

Sorry, didn't feel it necessary to comment on a place where the only interest is to criticize everything one has to say and look at all possible fault in it. I responded nevertheless.dry.gif

I'll be sure to post of any info I get about the gears here and there when I get it.

ASM is about sharing information accurately. Everything has to be scrutinised, it's nothing personal. If you try to present misleading or vague statements as facts, it will get noticed. For that reason, it contains a goldmine of useful information which you can read.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing about what your tech did to your gears!

He said he did not have to do much with the gears, maybe just some work here and there with sandpaper.

Sounds like he's being intentionally vague. I hate it when professionals try to hide stuff from their clients. It happens all the time unfortunately... People try to make the job sound more complicated in order to justify a higher fee.

I guess the 'gear modification' thing is BS. Besides "maybe just some work here and there with sandpaper" is about as useless as you can get.

Edited by Tacitus

I actually added the "here and there" to make it sound more flowing and easy on the ears. I doubt he is lying though as he did this gun well, for free lol. As for as what the gears actually needs to function in the gearbox, I would expect only slight, if any, modification is required.

Let's put this in a different way...as I'm getting older, I've learned positive encouragement may get some positive traction :D.

As mentioned before I use RiotSC's GS-R (version 2) and made no modifications and it worked fine so far with approx 3000 rounds - of course that's probably just scratching the surface. However in case I missed something, it'll be highly appreciative if you're able to find out :-

1) exactly what he's done to the gearset to make it fit

2) which gearset did he modify (RiotSC sells quite a few different models)

I'm sure many would be able to benefit from you finding out the information.

Otherwise realistically speaking, it boils back down to what Tacitus said, "The only reason anyone is talking about AEG tuning in this thread is that the PTS Masada is off-spec enough to introduce problems unique to this gun.". i.e. the audience of this forum will benefit more from hands on experience of drop-in replacements. The minute one has to modify pistons, sand gears down, etc. then the ACR's 3rd party options parts expand dramatically.

Tacitus, I'm just telling you what I was told. If you don't want to hear what I am told then take it with a grain of salt and move on. I am sorry he is so vague but I guess that just reflects the amount of work they needed. Little if anything, because he is usually very thorough in explaining anything and everything.

Anakchan:

1) A little sanding, if anything. Like I mentioned earlier he has a way of dealing with guns that everything has to work PERFECTLY together so that is why he may of taken time to do minimal sanding where it wasn't really needed, meaning they work without modification.

2) RiotSC Gen2 Ver2 Revolution Gearset

Also, any info on making pistons fit would be extremely helpful in getting my damn gun back -.- been a while since I've held it...sad.gif

I guess some people are just not technically minded and don't understand the need for clarity. When it comes to technical matters, I stand by my previous statement: Vague descriptions are useless. Describing technical details in vague terms, the way you continue to do, is a waste of everyone's time.

Your guy is not unique in his pursuit of perfection. All good professional technicians focus in on the smallest details in order to make everything work as well as possible. This is exactly what we're trying to do right now with the Masada, and you claim to have some helpful information about it, but you are unable to communicate it properly.

So now you're suggesting that the gears didn't actually need any modification at all, but your tech decided to sand them anyway?

That's interesting - I'll assume the Gen2 is the same as mine, the GS-R (14.09 ratio). See here for other models. I didn't have to do -any- sanding to make mine fit. Can you find out from him where he sanded down (or actually from looking at the gears you can see where he did). Or are you sure it wasn't just general running in the new gears (this is a general rule for any new gear setup, that the tech will just run the gears in the mechbox with nothing else installed - no grease even).

There is a big difference modifying the gears to fit or just running them in (like running in a new car). So if you can find out more what he was doing that will help a lot.

About the piston, as mentioned in the previous page I use the Red Element full teeth with no modifications whatsoever. Go back to Page 73 (#1446, #1447, #1448) where Tacitus & I talked about pistons for the ACR.

To put it politely, hmg9194, you're debating with a few members here who have pretty in-depth hands-on knowledge of the ACR. So unfortunately when you make recommendations we would pounce onto the details especially if someone has information we haven't discovered yet.

Back to the tech topic though, no one seems to have talked about the spring length. These are also a contributors to lockups. Unfortunately I have yanked all my springs out of their packaging and don't know what's what brand anymore. In addition I tend to buy strong springs and cut them to get as close to 0.98J. I can go home and measure my spring length later tonight.

A friend of mine has an Angel 0.9J of which is borderline on spring length - it works only if the installation of spring guide is completely flush to the mechbox (as it should be). If it's slightly tilted, he gets lock-ups - even with PTS stock clear piston.

So now you're suggesting that the gears didn't actually need any modification at all, but your tech decided to sand them anyway?

Your guy is not unique in his pursuit of perfection. All good professional technicians focus in on the smallest details in order to make everything work as well as possible.

Now I just THINK you're trying to get on my nerves and make me repeat myself so that you can bash me again, therefore you may answer your own questions.