MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Nikon, right now I am using a stock ACR with a 110 spring, shooting 385fps with 0.2s. I want to use a Lipo, but I am not sure the stock internals can take it. Are you running a Lipo with your current setup (using the Modify AUG kit)? What other parts did you upgrade?

My target is to shoot close to 400fps with .25's and 25 ROF (I guess that translates into probably using a 130 spring and an 11.1V Lipo).

I am using a Lipo. Specifically a Elite 11.1 20C 1100 mah with Deans connector. I've also used a 7.4 30C 2650 mah lipo with success. I'm also fronting those with an AWS Sentry MOSFET. I'm guessing the 7.4 might be OK with stock as others have indicated but I feel better with the Sentry protecting and regulating the electronics. The 11.1 is giving me great trigger response though the 7.4 will last forever. I can't recall if I mentioned it but I'm also using a Guarder Infinite Torque motor. I don't think the stock motor takes to 11.1's well but I could be biased. Would defer to others who are using the stock motor with an 11.1 consistently.

If you haven't pulled the spacer out of the stock piston but you swapped a 110 spring, you might be getting more from your 110 spring than typical. the spacer adds about 1/2" to the inside of the spacer and compresses the spring a bit more. It's a guess but I think it should provide a higher FPS. I have a 120 spring in my setup without the spacer and with the Modify kit and am getting between 345-350 with .25s. Remember I also have a sorbo pad on my cylinder head so I expect to loose a little from a smaller volume of cylinder space. I too am looking for around 400 FPS with .25s but would be happy with 380 or so with .25s given the trade off with the sorbo pad. I will be trying out a 130 spring after Op Pine Plains V in a few weeks. Don't want to change much until then as the ACR will be my primary for 21 hours at Ft. Drum MOUT. :)

If you're running a mostly stock setup, I'm betting you're going to get better FPS just from swapping out the stock nozzle for the sealed nozzle. The Modify set might give you a bit more if you are still having compression issues.

Good luck and post any results.

Edited by Nikon
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Scav, no problem. I sometimes forget to document exactly what I'm doing when I putz with this stuff and thought this one would be worth the effort.

Regarding the spare parts, did Magpul PTS mean an ASGI online retailer or more of a distributor like Spartan?

It is at the Spartan/JAG level.

Is there really a fault with the folding stock preventing it from fitting to the body? If so, surely Magpul PTS need to recall the faulty stocks and replace them with working ones. It should be a matter of urgency if a product is released for sale with inherent faults.

Can we hear from more people with first hand experience/knowledge of this issue?

I recieved my PTS Masada from Redwolf two months ago, and had exact the same problem. The top stock hole on some folding stocks is definitely misaligned and that push pin will not go through. Faulty molding? For a $450 gun and a $70 folding stock one would think Magpul PTS would indeed recall the faulty stocks but recall will cost them a bundle so they seem to be ignoring the problem.

After paying all cash that I felt a bit stubborn about accepting a faulty folding stock so I contacted Magpul PTS and told them about it, sent them pictures as requested. They told me to contact the retailer I purchased it from as it's a warranty issue.

Redwolf had me send the stock back to them via airmail, when it arrived they sent it back to Magpul PTS, who, after a couple of weeks, gave Redwolf a new folding stock, as well as some push pins and extra clips I requested, free of charge.

My new folding stock arrived Friday, without sling screws, lucky I kept mine. It fitted right in there, no problems at all. Thanks Redwolf & Magpul.

So I've had experience with both faulty & properly molded folding stocks. If you're going to order one online, ask the retailer to test the stock they send you to see if it fits correctly. Ehobby Asia sells an "FS PTS Masada" with the folding stock already installed instead of the fixed one.

I hope that helps!

Scav, no problem. I sometimes forget to document exactly what I'm doing when I putz with this stuff and thought this one would be worth the effort.

Regarding the spare parts, did Magpul PTS mean an ASGI online retailer or more of a distributor like Spartan?

They told me to get in contact with a distributor, and specifically named Spartan as one to talk to. My gearbox is 'supposedly' 100% stock, I got it used, but I'm getting only 330 fps out of it, which is well below what everyone else is saying they get with their stock spring. I've got my Wii Tech Hop up and Nozzle in finally, and am going to pick up the Modify kit hopefully on Tuesday/Wednesday. With that I'll finally have my dream gun, dream vest, and dream uniform. Pretty stoked guys! :) I can't seem to find anywhere mentioned in the article which tappet plate this gun takes, I saw someone mention it LOOKS like a Version 3. This is why I mentioned earlier someone should gather up all the information out there and make a nice big list of compatible parts and incompatible parts based on knowledge out there.

My goal for my Masada is instant trigger response in semi auto, and 22ish rounds per second in full auto. 400 fps with .2 BBs.

Without this article, I would have never gotten anywhere with any upgrades at all! Thanks everyone who is contributing!

Good day, newbie here. What spring guide do you guys suggest i use to replace the stock one? I would like to have a spring guide with bearing on my ACR.

I can confirm that a standard Modify V2 cylinder head works. Been using it for a month now and have no problems. Gun is shooting 460 fps @ 30 rps w/ .2 bbs. Sweet gun

Edited by F1refly

Good day, newbie here. What spring guide do you guys suggest i use to replace the stock one? I would like to have a spring guide with bearing on my ACR.

I believe it's proprietary or at least no one has been able to find a 3rd party replacement. Remember it's used for the quick spring change mechanism.

I can confirm that a standard Modify V2 cylinder head works. Been using it for a month now and have no problems. Gun is shooting 460 fps @ 30 rps w/ .2 bbs. Sweet gun

Really, the V2 cylinder head works? I'd think the head nozzle would be too short. Good to hear it's working though.

Can you give more specifics on what's in your ACR to achieve the performance you're getting? Is most of it stock or have you modified it heavily? If modified, can you give specifics? What type of battery are you using?

I"m not getting nearly that in FPS and/or RPS and it's eating up my 11.1 20C 1100 mah lipos with only 3-4 mags through them. I'm thinking there might be some binding going on that's causing the motor to work harder than it should.

Can you give more specifics on what's in your ACR to achieve the performance you're getting? Is most of it stock or have you modified it heavily? If modified, can you give specifics? What type of battery are you using?

Yes, it is heavily modified. The only parts that are stock are switch assembly, spring guide, gearbox, hop chamber and tappet plate.

The other parts are:

1. Silver wire with a DiY basic mosfet. Tried a fire control mosfet and the gun gets seizures on auto.

2. SHS 18:1 (stock ratio) gears

3. Wii tech air nozzle. Changed its o-ring with a viton 1mm x 5mm. The default was slightly thinner and felt it wasn't sealing properly specially with the stock cylinder head.

4. Modify standard V2 cylinder head, removed the impact rubber and replaced with toolbox's sorbo pad. Found this out by accident. Like stated in no 3, I felt that the stock head was slightly thin and easily scratched(brass). I had an extra Modify cylinder head and just wanted to compare then just fiddled with it. The hop up assembly is the one keeping the alignment of the nozzle to the hop rubber by pushing it down. There's also a stem from the lower receiver keeping the nozzle from going down further. The nozzle doesn't move forward far enough to give the v2 cylinder head a problem.

The viton o-ring was a bit thicker but with the Modify's 1 piece, stainless steel material, it glided smoothly.

5. Deepfire piston with Modify piston head. Shaved the 2nd and 3rd teeth completely, 4th by 1mm as it was hitting the sector gear on the way back

6. Systema cylinder, non ported. Works even better now coz of the thick sorbo pad, it balances air ratio perfectly, corrects the AoE, and helps your gearbox absorb some shock.

7. Guarder SP 130

8. Madbull blue 60% rubber. Hop is set at zero and .2bbs still curve upward, perfect for .25s tho

9. Edgi 6.01 TBB. Since day 1, never grabbed the gun on the barrel. I just though the quick change design is another failure point so I avoid setting it down with stress on the barrel so it doesn't wobble

10. Turnigy nano tech lipo battery. 11.1v, 1600mah, 25-50c discharge

11. Systema Magnum with techpro pinion gear, replaced stock one asap

I have to say compression is really poor with the stock parts. Number one one culprit is the nozzle. Cleaned the sealing grease the first time I opened it my fps on the sp130 went from 400 to 380. Stock cylinder head was moving around too much too. Used rtv sealant to seal the head and modded the stock nozzle so i can put an o-ring, shot 440-450. Final modding with the above list gained me 10 fps

Hope this can be of some help =)

hi guys ok i have had nothing but problems with my gun my biggest issue is that in full auto it does bot want to fire bbs semi works great any ideas

Probably just the fire selector plate alignment. Split the receiver, remove the gearbox align the plates and fire selector switch correctly then re-seat the gearbox again. You might find it a bit fiddly at first but a bit of trial and error and you will be sorted.

Edited by Squeek

Probably just the fire selector plate alignment. Split the receiver, remove the gearbox align the plates and fire selector switch correctly then re-seat the gearbox again. You might find it a bit fiddly at first but a bit of trial and error and you will be sorted.

thanks alot i will try and see if that helps

my air nozzle moves and sounds fine just when i try to shoot full auto 2 come out then one then 2 then none and so on

Edited by jiggajaydroid

I recieved my PTS Masada from Redwolf two months ago, and had exact the same problem. The top stock hole on some folding stocks is definitely misaligned and that push pin will not go through. Faulty molding? For a $450 gun and a $70 folding stock one would think Magpul PTS would indeed recall the faulty stocks but recall will cost them a bundle so they seem to be ignoring the problem.

After paying all cash that I felt a bit stubborn about accepting a faulty folding stock so I contacted Magpul PTS and told them about it, sent them pictures as requested. They told me to contact the retailer I purchased it from as it's a warranty issue.

Redwolf had me send the stock back to them via airmail, when it arrived they sent it back to Magpul PTS, who, after a couple of weeks, gave Redwolf a new folding stock, as well as some push pins and extra clips I requested, free of charge.

My new folding stock arrived Friday, without sling screws, lucky I kept mine. It fitted right in there, no problems at all. Thanks Redwolf & Magpul.

So I've had experience with both faulty & properly molded folding stocks. If you're going to order one online, ask the retailer to test the stock they send you to see if it fits correctly. Ehobby Asia sells an "FS PTS Masada" with the folding stock already installed instead of the fixed one.

I hope that helps!

Ive lost a pin due to the pin clip popping off while in the gun how did u get replacements

I lost a body pin, which isn't a huge deal seeing as I found them on WGC

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=MAGP-PT-MSDD3&search=special&rs=masada&catid=&cat=

However, the small screws that hold the bolt cover onto the charging handle assembly. Popped out and disappeared.

part b38 I believe. Does anybody know what size these screws are? magpul PTS sent me to the distributor, who has not contacted me.

I must admit now i have had my Masada 6 weeks and used it twice in anger , i have to say the best AEG i have ever used or owned in the last 15 years ,keep your PTWS this this is awesome ,and after fingerbanging the AKM version at patrolbase yesterday i can see another version coming my way very soon

Edited by docs90
  • Like 1

6.03 iirc , im not chaging from this as ive found with years of messing with Bolt actions the tighter the barrel the more problems , 6.03 for me is the lowest id go anyway and why change something thats lick a tack driver anyway ,,this thing shoots great

6.03 iirc , im not chaging from this as ive found with years of messing with Bolt actions the tighter the barrel the more problems , 6.03 for me is the lowest id go anyway and why change something thats lick a tack driver anyway ,,this thing shoots great

Yup, I agree... I was able to test it more now. I can consistently hit with the stock barrel compared to the edgi 6.01. If its 6.03 then its set, I thought I kinda remember some ppl getting 6.08 with theirs.

So having read the first 25 or so pages, and the last 25 pages to get a feeling for the starting life of this replica, and whats been improved, at UK FPS levels, rocking a 7.2lipo, I have seen alot of talk about upgrading this and that, using Aug cylinder heads etc, but how does this function out of the box at this kind of usage level? Are the cylinder head upgrades required or only for US levels of performance? Quite interested in purchasing one of these in time for the Ground Zero Weekender so would be quite nice not to have to mess with it a lot before then.

Thanks