MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Just Saw today at the Local Airsoft shop the 7.62 AKM CQB Masada! £500!

Feels very different to Mine! To be honest i would of saved money if i got this than buying aftermarket products, ie

CQB Barrel and Folding Stock sad.gif

...Still an Amazing gun what ever the Configuration of the Gun!

Had it since maybe last Oct. Running Strong!

still waiting on a longer barrel setup, i wanna DMR mine without a silencer.

Yeah. I forget in quite what order, but so far we've had:

-the original Masada

-the folding stock

-the CQB barrel

-the RIS

-the slim-line handguard

-the AKM version

What's missing from this list?

Hop-Up issues. (Hope you can help)

Installed a Madbull 6.03 Tight Bore Barrel in the Short Barrel. Using a Blue Madbull Hop-up Rubber. Problems...

Too long on the hop-up rubber, installing the barrel to the gun it becomes squashed. so cutting it to make it fit. Thought it would work.

It doesn't. BB's all over the place, and some times working ok. hop-up dial all the way up and bb shots down.

I've had problems in the past.... Standard barrel and using a clear silicon Madbull. It was fine. Until no hop-up again. The Mechanism came out and there was an issue with the deal and the rubber part that came down. I was told it was shaped like an 8 shape, the top no hole and the bottom part there was a hole. it was flipped over to the solid part to push down on the hop-up rubber. (Does this make any sense)?

Anyways it was fine until i charge over to a tight bore barrel.. But i think it had problems again so thats why i went this way.

A friend said that the madbull tight bore barrel is slightly different to the standard barrel that comes with the gun? Is this True...

Does anyone have the same problem either with the hop-up or barrel types? Does anyone know if the masada likes using tight bore barrel. Does anyone know which hop-up rubber/silicon works or doesn't?

Thanks blink.gif

Hop-Up issues. (Hope you can help)

Installed a Madbull 6.03 Tight Bore Barrel in the Short Barrel. Using a Blue Madbull Hop-up Rubber. Problems...

Too long on the hop-up rubber, installing the barrel to the gun it becomes squashed. so cutting it to make it fit. Thought it would work.

It doesn't. BB's all over the place, and some times working ok. hop-up dial all the way up and bb shots down.

I've had problems in the past.... Standard barrel and using a clear silicon Madbull. It was fine. Until no hop-up again. The Mechanism came out and there was an issue with the deal and the rubber part that came down. I was told it was shaped like an 8 shape, the top no hole and the bottom part there was a hole. it was flipped over to the solid part to push down on the hop-up rubber. (Does this make any sense)?

Anyways it was fine until i charge over to a tight bore barrel.. But i think it had problems again so thats why i went this way.

A friend said that the madbull tight bore barrel is slightly different to the standard barrel that comes with the gun? Is this True...

Does anyone have the same problem either with the hop-up or barrel types? Does anyone know if the masada likes using tight bore barrel. Does anyone know which hop-up rubber/silicon works or doesn't?

Thanks blink.gif

I noticed the nub (witch is a figure 8 style) was flattening due to the fact that the bottom half that is held in place within the chamber was solid and the part that sticks out and actually engages the bucking was hollow therefore allowing it to collapse and not perform its job. So what i did was i got a toothpick (round type not flat) and stuck it through the hole in the nub witch made it swell slightly and hold its shape by not allowing it to collapse any more, i trimmed it to be flush inside the nub and bam nub works perfect now. That combined with a couple of wraps of Teflon tape and trimming of such tape around the inside of the adjustment wheel (wich when stock has almost no push on the nub to begin with even all the way up) i now have a fully adjustable hop up.

Hope this works for you. Charlie.

It's been a while since I posted on this thread. Havent had any issues with my ACR post upgrade. One thing which was left out during the upgrade though was the cylinder head and airseal nozzle as there were no appropriate replacements a year ago. Can anyone give me any advice on what I could replace my ACR's proprietary stock cylinder head and airseal nozzle?

I hear there is some sort of screw which can be loosened to increase the range on the masada... am still looking for the info on this...

Regarding the HOP rubber, i've been told that the clear Gurader rubber is a good one to use or a standard Marui rubber.

I had an issue where after I took out the barrel to clean it I lost range. I carefully checked to see what the problem was and it seemed that the nub in the hop chamber was not pushing onto the stock hop rubber. It turned out that i'd stretched the hop rubber somehow, so I shaved of about 2mm and reinserted it. There is a raised bit on the hop rubber and it is important to make sure that this bit sits square in the square hole in the barrel. Put it all back together and hey presto got my hop working again. Mind you, to be effective I need to turn the hop wheel about 80%!! May need to pla around with that nub in the chamber..

Personally I dropped a Madbull Shark Blue into mine and it shoots perfectly.

Was pretty concerned when I got it a few weeks back when firing it for the first time that it was double/tripple feeding, then I binned the stock, brittle rubbish that it came with, dropped the Madbull Blue in, and not had a single double feed and BB's fly dead straight for as long as would be expected. Definitely recommend one.

Edited by Manxmadman

I'm looking to get that PDI W Hold bucking but it seems UK stockist's don't stock it... failing that I guess the Gurader 50% is the next best thing..

Loving the Gun so far... Love the look, the feel and eveything about it......

Mags wise, I'm using my standard thermold M4 mags and also standard Marui M4 mags with no problems... so I will ditch my 10 EMAGS which I simply don't like....

Edited by TK4235

Folks

A question. My UK stock Masada is shooting 327fps and I want to up it to 350fps (not 1 fps over... lol).. I figured I want to change the stock inner barrel to a good TB barrel and simply can't decide on the best one? Also what length (mm) in the stock barrel? I generally use 0.2bbs and 0.25... but mostly 0.2bbs. I expect a TB would add upto to 10fps extra?

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this entire thread I have but a few questions.....for now.

I have read that the PDI W Hold bucking or the Guarder 50% clear bucking is the way to go. I had already ordered a Prometheus purple soft bucking before reading that though. My question is there is mention of the Guarder having a built in nub? Does the PDI also have this? Is it really necessary to have it in the bucking? I take it the Prometheus one does not have the built in nub.

I had found on Redwolf and Ehobbyasia that Prometheus makes a Magpul PTS ACR specific 6.03 tight bore barrel. Has anyone used these yet? Here's a link, they have it in 380mm and 318mm. http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Precision_Barrels_AEG_AEP_Prometheus_6_03_Inner_Barrel_For_Magpul_PTS_MASADA_318mm_11_5_inch.htm

My Magpul PTS Masada came in about a week ago. Haven't got to take it in an open area to see how the stock hop up is working. It chrono's at 320 with .25g bio Airsoft Elite bb's. Rate of fire is 15rps with a 7.4V 1200mah 20C lipo (battery can put out 24 amps, is that ok?) Serial number is 5353. No washer on the barrel but very tight, no wobble. Really can't tell of any motor whine either. I ran a Pmag and Emag through it with no misfeeds, I lubed the new mags first though.

Xrider.. your LIPO is fine mate... I run a 7.4v 2200mah 20c battery and it's awesome...

Good find on the prommy TB barrel....

The stock inner barrel on the Masada is already good in IMHO but getting a prommy one may improve your groupings and perhaps even your FPS.. worth a try.. If you do get it, report back and let us know :)