MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

There's a slot where the metal sleeve that goes over the hop bucking where the hop nub slides over it. You place the two pieces of shrink tubing (cut down to match the slot) over the hop bucking (which lets the nub push the hop bucking farther down).

If you must glue it in place, make sure its above the contact point between the hop nub of the hop unit, and the material protruding down the barrel. Gluing the "shims" all over will make the hop bucking stiffer. Just a dab of glue on the contact point. The point of the glue is to keep the shim(s) in place when installing the inner barrel.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Hi,

i have a Problem.My Masada was shooting last week 362 fps with 0,25 bbs.Yesterday it shots 344 fps with 0,25 bbs.And Today it shots only 321 fps with 0,25 bbs. I dont know what is wrong.I have a Prometheus Tuning Barrel inside 6.03 and a Guarder Sp110 Spring.I checked the hop up Bucking and everything.I have a Guarder Silicone Bucking inside.I use a 11,1 V Lipo.

Hey guys. So instead of getting a whole new weapon for field play, i figured it would be easier to do a dmr-ish mod.

So, i already ordered a guarder bucking, but thats it. My plan is to get a long tightbore barrel and hide it with a suppresser. So do you guys recommend prommy or madbull? And i also want to boost the fps to 410-450ish. For that im at a lost. What spring should i get, and what other parts for the gearbox should i get so the spring doesnt degrade or break anything?

One last thing, can someone point me to a step by step guide of the toothpick mod? Like getting the hop up out ect.

Don't worry about the toothpick mod for now.

The weak point with the gun is the micro switch assembly as its only rated 15 amps. You might want to look into mosfets if you want to crank out 450 FPS out of the gun.

Another thing is that the cylinder head has a smaller bore.I'm trying to see if an AUG air nozzle will work. If it does, then you wont need a higher rated spring to be able to reach the FPS output you want. The gun doesn't have a very efficient setup out of the box.

Hey guys. So instead of getting a whole new weapon for field play, i figured it would be easier to do a dmr-ish mod.

So, i already ordered a guarder bucking, but thats it. My plan is to get a long tightbore barrel and hide it with a suppresser. So do you guys recommend prommy or madbull? And i also want to boost the fps to 410-450ish. For that im at a lost. What spring should i get, and what other parts for the gearbox should i get so the spring doesnt degrade or break anything?

One last thing, can someone point me to a step by step guide of the toothpick mod? Like getting the hop up out ect.

As for the inner barrel and hop bucking, I recommend Prometheus, its what installed for both of my VFC's MK16 and HK416. Already prep a promy tightbore and hop bucking for my Masada ACR, which will probably be knocking on my doorstep anytime next week. You might wanna also try sealing it a little bit more with a silicone sealant. :-)

Btw, use the soft type of the promy hop bucking, the one in purple.

Edited by snake_pliskin
Don't worry about the toothpick mod for now.

The weak point with the gun is the micro switch assembly as its only rated 15 amps. You might want to look into mosfets if you want to crank out 450 FPS out of the gun.

Another thing is that the cylinder head has a smaller bore.I'm trying to see if an AUG air nozzle will work. If it does, then you wont need a higher rated spring to be able to reach the FPS output you want. The gun doesn't have a very efficient setup out of the box.

Would there still be a need to replace parts if you didnt change the spring but only the air nozzle?

Got hold of a KWA cylinder head off of a g36c gearbox. It's a version 3 cylinder head with a long cylinder head shaft for the air nozzle.

Bore of the cylinder head shaft is 4.75mm. Length of the cylinder head shaft is at 21mm.

From my last entry, the stock cylinder head shaft was 3mm longer at 24mm.

The difference in length between the two cylinder head shafts probably won't affect the fps as the nozzle usually only moves by 7mm or so which means seal between the shaft and air nozzle could he had along 14mm's worth of the shaft .

Still, I have an SHS long type version 3 cylinder head coming in this week. I'll take measurements of the cylinder head shaft bore and length when I find time.

Outer diameter of stock magpul pts cylinder head shaft was 5.32mm. Outer diameter of KWA v3 cylinder head shaft off a g36 was 5.34mm.

KWA cylinder head off a g36 was compatible with the pts masada gearbox.

Fps increase was minimal at 4-7 fps. Still an improvement over the stock cylinder head fps output. I have photos to put up when I hop on the computer. Gotta email them to myself first then upload on photobucket and then link em up here.

Current setup:

Systema aluminum piston head with bearings

Systema turbo motor w/ pinion gear off the stock motor

Marui cylinder off an m4

Marui inner barrel 6.08mm x 317mm

Guarder clear hop bucking

Guarder sp100 spring

18 gauge wiring

7.4v 1350mah 15c Lipo

309-318 fps with .25g bbs @ 21-22 rounds per second.

I received my aluminum sealing air nozzle from Airsoft Pro today, same outer dimensions as the stock plastic one. While I was in there installing it I removed the stock rubber damper from the cylinder head and installed a homemade Sorbothane 1/4" 70 oo damper with some gel control loctite super glue. Sounds a lot quieter now, and the second tooth on the piston had to be fully removed. It's kind of a two for one, it's quieter and the AOE is better.

Thank You guys for the continued info.

IMAG1954.jpg

IMAG1953.jpg

ARS cylinder head (sorbothane padding removed and used on my P90) -left

KWA cylinder head off of a G36 - middle

Magpul PTS cylinder head - right

Notice the bore of the PTS Cylinder Head...its smaller compared to the other two cylinder heads. This restricts air flow keeping the system from having a more efficient air flow.

dimensions are posted on my previous entries...sorry...I don't like repeating myself and don't really want to compose a more formal writeup. :)

Off topic

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail3.php?tabpage=3&search=searchItem&rs=masada+ACR&item=MAGP-AEG-MACRDE-P&search_From=searchItem

Reviewed by Ruben Cabañas Villamediana on 2011-05-21

-------------------------

Really now? The last time I checked...My name was not Ruben Cabanas Villamediana. WGC posted a plagiarized work. I'm sure they had no idea its not written by that guy but I mean come on Ruben. Plagiarizing is not cool.

WGC used to have my review on there but somehow it got axed. Then they post up my review as written by Ruben? COME ON!

Heh! Some of you might not understand but it just infuriates me because its my work and its been stolen. I took my time to write that and someone just copies it...and submits it with their name attached to it. What a D-bag thing to do.

• Like 1

I will be installing the following when I get hold of the unit and the parts. I mean when it arrives.

Prometheus Stainless Hard Cylinder Type B for Marui AEG

Prometheus Piston head POM NEO for Marui AEG

Prometheus Non-Linear Spring MS120

Prometheus Aero Cylinder Head Ver. 3 for Marui AUG/SIG 552

Prometheus Reinforced Hard Piston for Max Torque

Prometheus Double Torque Gear Set

Heh! Some of you might not understand but it just infuriates me because its my work and its been stolen. I took my time to write that and someone just copies it...and submits it with their name attached to it. What a D-bag thing to do.

That really is a properly *suitcase* thing to do. Have you contacted WGC? Because that's just not on.

I will be installing the following when I get hold of the unit and the parts. I mean when it arrives.

Prometheus Stainless Hard Cylinder Type B for Marui AEG

Prometheus Piston head POM NEO for Marui AEG

Prometheus Non-Linear Spring MS120

Prometheus Aero Cylinder Head Ver. 3 for Marui AUG/SIG 552

Prometheus Reinforced Hard Piston for Max Torque

Prometheus Double Torque Gear Set

You'll want to match the a pinion gear with the bevel gear. The stock motor isn't that good in my opinion. I'm running my masada with the stock gear set with a Systema turbo motor fitted with the pinion gear off the stock motor. Gun sounds smooth.

According to a buddy from AEX, shafts for the spur and sector gear has been known to snap on Ares/magpul pts masada stock gears running the stock springs.

@sacairsoftsn00py: Thanks for the heads-up but don't worry, I don't plan to use the stock motor, I never did ever since anyway. I will also scrap the bearing bushings and will only utilize metal bushings. adjustments between the pinion and the spur will come last. And have you tried fitting a version 3 tappet plate with the PTS/ARES gearbox?

Yeap. Bearings arent good to have on a high stress gun. I wanted to bin the bushings and bearings that came stock with the gun but was told that they've actually held up. FPS in the 350 range is enough for me. My TM Next Gen M4 gets my sub 400 power.

The stock tappet plate has been working for me so I haven't had to replace it and I don't have any spare tappet plates for a v.3 gearbox laying around. I might pick one up when I'm close to making my mind up as to what the final setup for the gearbox will be.