MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

OK. So what issue and/ or problem does this Wii thing address? What improvement does it provide?

All genuine questions. I'm up for after market improvements.

from my experience that kit was a waste of time and money, it doesn't work. that hop chamber will give you inconsistent hop, while the air seal nozzle's o-ring is cr@p, it doesn't seal at all.

grabbed this instead. it simply works.

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=1522

EDIT: Sorry, I was talking about the Wii-Tech Hop Chamber and Air Nozzle Kit.

Edited by snake_pliskin

For anyone yet to see the new GBB conversion kit: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/beta-project-by-pts-masada-gbb-conversion-kit-black.html

Definitely something I'd be interested in, but £150 plus cost of new mags isn't too appealing.

Interested to see what the early reviews say...

from my experience that kit was a waste of time and money, it doesn't work. that hop chamber will give you inconsistent hop, while the air seal nozzle's o-ring is cr@p, it doesn't seal at all.

grabbed this instead. it simply works.

http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=1522

EDIT: Sorry, I was talking about the Wii-Tech Hop Chamber and Air Nozzle Kit.

Why does it give inconsistent hop?

Quick one, and I apologise if this has been over with the earlier technical discussion, but my ACR is being a bit funny. Works nicely when it fires, but every so often (at fairly random time intervals) it just goes stone dead and for some reason just smacking it really hard on the side of the mag well brings it back. Dodgy bit of soldering in there somewhere? I've had the gearbox out and what I could see all looked fine.

Why does it give inconsistent hop?

i find the stock hop-up chamber more consistent compared to the wii-tech hop-chamber. we all know that disassembling the part were the hop chamber sits is PITA. i think the wii-tech's poor o-ring installed on its air nozzle contributes to that. from my experience, the air nozzle from AirsoftPro and the stock hop chamber works very well, it gives me a stable and consistent hop. at least, in my case, the wii-tech hop chamber and air nozzle kit just doesn’t works for me.

Edited by snake_pliskin

Hello Everyone.

I received my GBBR conversion kit today and quickly fitted everything.

The magnet will stick to the sear, trigger, hammer, bolt spring guide bolt lock and the piece of the charging handle in contact with the bolt. The bolt does not seem to be in steel. Hop up chamber in metal but no reaction of the magnet there.

The trigger position seems strange as is the contact of the sear and the hammer. the contact zone is too tiny and barely hold the hammer.

The trigger seems too far aft a bit like the trigger of a glock with it's firing pin released.

The biiiig problem is that the bolt is too wide to fit the upper. There is absolutely no way it will slide in there. It's not my upper as it align flush with the lower(aeg and gbb lower both tested) as well, the upper has two raised lips in the back to make sure the lower is properly aligned.

SO, a lot of sanding is to be done on the bolt. it has 4 little tabson the bolt sides that were putted there to avoid play I guess. I had to sand them flush and give a few strokes of sanding stick to the 2 gutters on top of the bolt. Now it finally cycle correctly.

G&P Pmags have A LOT of play leading to inconsistent performance, misfeeds and a lot of gaz release.

Have to glue plastic card on the magwell to get that fixed.

As well we need to find a way to stop the play of the trigger assy block in the lower as I guess it's also play part in the inconsistency.

To resume;

Not a plug and play mod,

Lot to be done to get a properly working gun,

Some work to expect.

On the bright side, the hop up seems to have plenty of hop! and build quality of the parts is great.

More later

Cheers

Lio

Oriando. Your videos showing you firing out of a window into a public place is reckless and irresponsible. It conveys a very bad image of the sport. The last thing the sport needs is your videos spreading around giving the impression that airsofters are gun totting weirdoes firing weapons into public places.

Seriously mate, find a better place like a skirmish field.

Edited by bbstriker

Just installed an Extreme Fire Cheetah MOSFET w/ the SW-UCM and proud to say that there are NO bouncing issues with the micro switch. Highly recommend it. I did have to replace the positive wire to the motor with one a wire with a thinner insulation so that I was able to route it to the front (routed through the normal gearbox hole, then over the top of the microswitch, then out the hole in the front, I can post pics on request.)

the ruined house. nobody lives there. there are not peoples and a street there. abandoned house. to play there CQB

thanks

I appreciate what you say but that is not the point. It is still a public place and looks very bad seeing someone firing an airsoft weapon out across a public place.

It only takes an over lubricated hop to cause a bb to arc down and hit someone. It's very bad and the very least you should do is not publicise it.

man. this dead CQB city.

official battlefield.

Does he not understand it?

If the video is at an official field with rules and regulations, then you need to mention it as an actual playing field, so people don't get the wrong impression. If it is just an "abandoned" area (which is still considered to be public), it is going to be criticized as it displays a bad image. I never got to see any of the vids due net speed connections, so I can't really comment on what it looks like.

Additionally this is going off topic, so some of this might better be dealt through PM.

Just installed an Extreme Fire Cheetah MOSFET w/ the SW-UCM and proud to say that there are NO bouncing issues with the micro switch. Highly recommend it. I did have to replace the positive wire to the motor with one a wire with a thinner insulation so that I was able to route it to the front (routed through the normal gearbox hole, then over the top of the microswitch, then out the hole in the front, I can post pics on request.)

Glad to hear it, thanks! never found a person who installed it in a Masada and posted it. I want to buy the SW-UCM too with AB MOSFET. What do you people say about the AVOCADO active breaking MOSFET?

Link: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/avocado-burst-avocado-programmable-mosfet-device-for-aeg-1-12-30-rounds.html

The AVOCADA looks no to be a true MOSFET per say, as the power to the motor goes through the microswitch. Other MOSFET direct power away from the switch or completely take it out of the switch, preventing stress. Personally I would go with the MOSFET with 4 wires to protect the microswitch as much as possible.

Honestly I would go with it, if you are planning to UCM from him, might as well get your money's worth from the shipping. Extreme Fire makes excellent MOSFET, yet the only MOSFET that has ever given my trouble was an Infected Armory one, and by trouble, it just smoked up and burned out.

I did it today in the morning shooting test. I distributed the distance punctually.

Wii tech hop up chamber & adjustor kit & H nub, Systema hop up bucking. I use G&G 0.28 BB's. Maximum range 80-82 meters! ( 262-269ft). Until 70 metres(229ft) very accurate. moves very directly. Video coming soon ;)

I recommend it the complete wii tech kit for everybody. who the long range likes it and the accuracy.