MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

OK. I give up :unsure:

Where can i find a guide to install the Wii Hop-up adjuster kit? I got it in the post today and searched google but cannot find a guide. I'm not airsoft mechanic and have not been able to work it out myself.

Any help/ link would be very much appreciated :)

Edited by bbstriker

you have to take the upper receiver apart. you first remove the barrel and separate it from the lower using the pins. then take out the 4 allen screws and 2 roll pins around the chamber block. then you can slide out the chamber block and you should be able to figure out the rest. if you cant, you should probably pay someone to do it.

you have to take the upper receiver apart. you first remove the barrel and separate it from the lower using the pins. then take out the 4 allen screws and 2 roll pins around the chamber block. then you can slide out the chamber block and you should be able to figure out the rest. if you cant, you should probably pay someone to do it.

Thanks for that.

I did get as far as disassembling the chamber and putting the nub through the chamber. I previously installed the Wii tech Hop-up Chamber. I simply thought that with the dumb-bell shaped nub not being secured I was getting it all wrong.

Turns out it is right after all. That's a problem when (or if) I want to swap out a barrel- the little brass nub easily rolls out of position or falls out. A right royal pain especially if I do a field barrel change. I also had difficulty putting the barrel back on- fighting a little metal dumb-bell.

Perhaps I'll be happier if I see substantial improvement on accuracy when I test it later. If not then I'll put back the original nub - neatly secured.

Edited by bbstriker

I put a few rounds through today and seems that heavier BBs work best. I tried with 0.2 and 0.25.

I'm taking Orlando's word for it that this new hop nub combined with Wii tech Hop chamber is a worthwhile upgrade.

Need more testing.

So it works better with .25 just to confirm. Also I was reading around other forums on the hop up chamber its self really wasn't worth the money, but the air nozzle in the kit was where the real performance was. I was wondering if the hop-up H nub kit would work with the stock chamber? Looking forward to seeing test results bbstriker.

Just recieved my hop up fix from wii tec. I must say that I am impressed by it.

Seems strong.

I superglued the H nub in so it won't roll on me

only had a few bb's but I am very happy to finally have an ajustable hop up.

$7 dollars and waiting a few days worth it to me.

Listen to the knock of the BB's on the wall. 0:16 & 0:30

I use G&G 0.28 BB's. Wii-Tech hop up cahamber & adjustor kit with H-nub,Systema hop up bucking. (387 FPS)Wii-Tech hop up cahamber & adjustor kit with H-nub,Systema hop up bucking. (387 FPS)

Wii

Strong side wind,25 celsius(77 fahrenheit)

With hevy BB's is better. 90 meters men size target with full auto.

I make a better quality video soon...

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

A while back I found a site that was selling complete PTS Masada gearboxes. Now I can't find it anymore so that means, they pulled the product off there page or my Googlefu is weak. Can anyone post a link or know the name of a shop that has a complete Masada gearbox?

Fire Support UK was selling them. I e-mailed them a while back and they said they were going to try and get them back in stock.

If you are the first owner of your weapon, get a hold of PTS on Facebook. They posted a "replacement gearbox" announcement and will be replacing mine for free when they are available later this month.

Some people have been able to crack their gearboxes (there is a youtube vid out there some where), although it also sounds like they are running more stressful setups with 11.1 lipos.

Like bbstriker, I don't push the limits of my gun b/c of the events I go to. Not necessary Milsim, but running midcaps with a setup going more for reliability and moderate performance (380fps w/ .20 and probably around 18 rps). I talked/email with Magpul PTS last year about them making a more robust gearbox (as well as other upgrades), and they said they would "look into it" and "we are always looking to improve". Wither or not this a response to that, who knows.

Some people have been able to crack their gearboxes (there is a youtube vid out there some where), although it also sounds like they are running more stressful setups with 11.1 lipos.

Like bbstriker, I don't push the limits of my gun b/c of the events I go to. Not necessary Milsim, but running midcaps with a setup going more for reliability and moderate performance (380fps w/ .20 and probably around 18 rps). I talked/email with Magpul PTS last year about them making a more robust gearbox (as well as other upgrades), and they said they would "look into it" and "we are always looking to improve". Wither or not this a response to that, who knows.

V2 or V2 inspired GB are poorly designed. i really hope Magpul PTS do listen to us and give us not just robust but a drop in replacement GB.

IMO they aren't terrible of a design, just not the best. The V2 has been used for many years and in many different guns, and have proven to not be that terrible. But given the choice, I would shoot for a V3 or other.

It is kinda odd that they choose to use the V2 with motor cage. I could understand them wanting to go with just a normal V2, plenty of upgrades and new parts being developed and people could drop a different V2 gearbox all together. But the V2 with a motorcage didn't really make too much sense. Why not go with an all new proprietary gearbox, or make a modified V3 with a different/proprietary trigger. The fact is that it is a proprietary gearbox, but is based off an old design. It is sort of like making a new car, but you are going to use an engine that was made in the 1980s.

I agree, an all new gearbox version would be best. Love to see a split gearbox, but I could see a lot problems with that. I really do hope they listen. Another idea I passed to them was also a MOSFET switch replacement like a ASCU or AWS. Interestingly Ares announced that they were going to do that with one of their new gearboxes a few months after I sent the idea over.

IMO they aren't terrible of a design, just not the best. The V2 has been used for many years and in many different guns, and have proven to not be that terrible. But given the choice, I would shoot for a V3 or other.

It is kinda odd that they choose to use the V2 with motor cage. I could understand them wanting to go with just a normal V2, plenty of upgrades and new parts being developed and people could drop a different V2 gearbox all together. But the V2 with a motorcage didn't really make too much sense. Why not go with an all new proprietary gearbox, or make a modified V3 with a different/proprietary trigger. The fact is that it is a proprietary gearbox, but is based off an old design. It is sort of like making a new car, but you are going to use an engine that was made in the 1980s.

I agree, an all new gearbox version would be best. Love to see a split gearbox, but I could see a lot problems with that. I really do hope they listen. Another idea I passed to them was also a MOSFET switch replacement like a ASCU or AWS. Interestingly Ares announced that they were going to do that with one of their new gearboxes a few months after I sent the idea over.

yah, split type gearbox might just introduce a whole new set of issues. IMO, they don't really have to come up with a new/re-designed GB, probably reinforce the stress points; especially on the front were the piston head slams (we all know that). what i like about the existing GB is that, almost all the internal parts can actually be replaced/substituted with current after market parts (mixed V2 and V3 though). in my case, the only thing that hasn't been replaced are the trigger system and the cutoff lever. though it really wasn't necessary but i did it for fun anyway. Hehehe...

Edited by snake_pliskin