MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Thought so, its second hand and came that way :/ fire support are out of stock at the moment so may look into that wiitech thing.

How would I go about ordering direct from magpul?

Cheers for info

Need to contact Edgar Brothers in the UK, though I didnt get any response when I contacted them a while back.

With that wiitech hop nub, I'm assuming you lose the quick barrel swap function as the nubs not attached and falls out?

It's not the end of the world tbh, just wondering

I believe most people glue the nub so that it doesn't fall out when changing barrels.

Hey guys, just an update about my Masada.

Got it fully upgraded finally and working, although I'm having bouncing issues that will soon be solved by some programming and an extra data module extreme fire is going to fix up for me.

I run Firefox 11.1v 20c batteries, got about 4 of them so I don't run out. Got an AWS Pulse running it in without the green gear detection wire installed (for the sake of making it less complicated so I have a working gun until my SSR comes back to me. Element Red Ultra Torque Motor turns the RiotSC Revolution gears with modify bushings. I have a Modify piston in it as it is a nice drop in fit. I plan on ordering several more as well as a couple red Element full steel teeth pistons to try so I'll be prepared for anything. Modify cylinder, cylinder head and piston head along with a wiitech nozzle. I didn't see an o ring in the nozzle though so I think I'm going to pop in one of the ones from AirsoftPro. I PDI 6.05 barrel and R-Hop take care of the barrel assembly quite nicely, putting .25 bbs very well past 200'. R-Hop really shines with heavier bbs but I bought tons of .25s so that'll have to wait. I have several springs I use for different environments but I usually use a 380 fps with .2s one. With this spring I'm landing around 25 or 26 rps but I think fixing the bouncing issue should bump that up closer to 30 of not over.

Question for Anyone who has bought the real size hand guard, is there much difference laying the two by each other? Any noticeable look with it on the gun vs the stock one?

Thanks guys, I'll leave you with some pictures with how I'm running it. (usually without the suppressor however)

ef1f5994.jpg

06a5ff03.jpg

Edited by hmg9194

Great looking Masada there! I am still putting mine together, had it since last November and getting the parts I want has been slow (combination of lack of funds and no-one having them in stock).

This may be a good place to ask, has anyone heard anything about PTS discontinuing the folding/sliding stock? Heard a couple of people mention a rumour that they have although that wouldnt make much sense as the AKM comes with it as standard.

Cheers

Chris

While that is possible it wouldnt make sense as there are so few stores with any stock with the exception of some well known HK stores which have been getting new stock. If there were a surplus you would think retailers here would have an easier time getting hold of them but everyone I have spoken to said they are on back order.

It is possible the halted production as I read somewhere there was a problem with them, with some stores now getting stocks in it could suggest what ever the issue was has been fixed and production resumed...anyone know a friendly PTS dealer who might know for sure?

If need be I may have to break my self imposed ban on ordering in parts from abroad haha!

Masada PTS olololol

Great externals, hop up design sucks though. I accidently bent the hop up nub by removing the barrel and not turning the unit off. Bent it back to normal and wound a small layer or teflon tape over it. it barely had any hop before, no it works fine (in conjunction with Systema rubber).

No tools at home, looking forward to get it upgraded from another player I met (~400 FPS).

Oh, and I'm not buying the RIS, looks ###### IMO. ;-)

And troll flash hider is trolling. Will be replaced with a XM177E2 one.

dscn1153w.jpg

I'll use a MVG foregrip for the rail under the handguard. The siderails are just decoration, I like the contrast between the black polymer rails and tan body. I'll probably put rail covers on the siderails.anyway.

I really don't like the RIS. The shape of the original handguard looks better imo.

I like ridiculous stuff, can't have enough rails. ;P

• 1 month later...

Ok, so my stock masada has finally stripped the piston. I ordered a Systema Ver2 polycarb piston to replace it but apparently it doesn't fit in the Masdada gearbox. When I close the two halves the piston gets wedged between them and isn't able to slide freely. I believe it's because the piston doesnt have a perfectly round shape, its more of a octagon, and the points are coming into contact with the shell.

I've seen alot of other pistons being used in this thread but would like to buy one that would be a drop in replacement without too much modification required.

Anyone have a suggestion from their installations?

I definitely know it's not the gears. I can visually see the edges of the piston making contact with the sides of the gearbox when viewing from the spring removal hole.

I will take a look at the modify piston Ive hear good things about them. Any know if Guarder pistons work?

Actually it would be really nice to have people post up their setups and mods for future reference. I know some have but you have to search through all 124 pages to find it. I only say this because now that I'm replacing the piston Ive been looking at gears, mosfets, cylinders, heads, the works but would like to see what brands and configurations have worked well together.

Ok, so my stock masada has finally stripped the piston. I ordered a Systema Ver2 polycarb piston to replace it but apparently it doesn't fit in the Masdada gearbox. When I close the two halves the piston gets wedged between them and isn't able to slide freely. I believe it's because the piston doesnt have a perfectly round shape, its more of a octagon, and the points are coming into contact with the shell.

I've seen alot of other pistons being used in this thread but would like to buy one that would be a drop in replacement without too much modification required.

Anyone have a suggestion from their installations?

Just installed SHS nylon 14 teeth piston with lonex piston head with no mods. So far so good.