MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Hey guys, just an update about my Masada.

Got it fully upgraded finally and working, although I'm having bouncing issues that will soon be solved by some programming and an extra data module extreme fire is going to fix up for me.

I run Firefox 11.1v 20c batteries, got about 4 of them so I don't run out. Got an AWS Pulse running it in without the green gear detection wire installed (for the sake of making it less complicated so I have a working gun until my SSR comes back to me. Element Red Ultra Torque Motor turns the RiotSC Revolution gears with modify bushings. I have a Modify piston in it as it is a nice drop in fit. I plan on ordering several more as well as a couple red Element full steel teeth pistons to try so I'll be prepared for anything. Modify cylinder, cylinder head and piston head along with a wiitech nozzle. I didn't see an o ring in the nozzle though so I think I'm going to pop in one of the ones from AirsoftPro. I PDI 6.05 barrel and R-Hop take care of the barrel assembly quite nicely, putting .25 bbs very well past 200'. R-Hop really shines with heavier bbs but I bought tons of .25s so that'll have to wait. I have several springs I use for different environments but I usually use a 380 fps with .2s one. With this spring I'm landing around 25 or 26 rps but I think fixing the bouncing issue should bump that up closer to 30 of not over.

Question for Anyone who has bought the real size hand guard, is there much difference laying the two by each other? Any noticeable look with it on the gun vs the stock one?

Thanks guys, I'll leave you with some pictures with how I'm running it. (usually without the suppressor however)

ef1f5994.jpg

06a5ff03.jpg

Just wanted to know, which Modify cylinder head did you get?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Some have asked what to list things that we have done to our guns to make them work better.

Magpul pts Masada. Foliage Green.

I have a hop up fix listed on airsoftohio, figure eight fix. but have moved on to the wii tech fix which is amazing. I also superglued the metal h nub into the pushing mech.

Guarder clear, with one layer of flat rubber cut off of a madbull blue placed in the slot to add a little more up.

I have also just put in the spring guide with bearing from wii tech. I like the idea of the spring twisting to release tourque thus maybe keeping my gear box from snapping and spring from the same.

The list of internal upgrades.

Original piston, I modified it tho, I took a file and made the teeth more straight. Made them more v like. This let the teeth of the gears fit better into the piston. I also took a drill and made the holes in the head of the piston bigger and added four more.

Shs 16:1 gears. I dont like a really fast hardcore gun

random spring 360fps

shs high torque motor

v3 shs reinforced tappet plate I believe that the end of the plate that catches the gear was bouncing off and causeing misfires.

air seal nozzle from the Cz

home made mosfet. I use a lot of semi in my field, the bounce of the trigger just gives me a two round burst every once in a while.

I also fixed the AOE with a sobo pad. Pipe taped the original cylinder head inside the cylinder to fix air leak

This put it at

360.1 359.8 360.2 Fps

I also drilled the loading tube to add in a internal tracer unit. the wires run in a grove that i cut into the right of the gun reciever towards the front. So that I can run it off of my lipo.

I run two lipos, 2800 block pack from a china company, it is "tiger" wrapped in blue, and fits perfect in the handguard. 7.4v 50c burst, 30 constant. found on ebay

Found on ebay the akm lower(de). It will be used in open play due to 160rd mags.

long events I use the m4 magpul pts 120 rd 12 of those. I like that I can take them apart and fix probems.

I will post a pic sometime.

Im thinking about buying a pts masada used off of some guy, He has had it for a year. It has no internal upgrades what would you recommend for the motor, piston, gears, ect.

I just got the PTS masada AKM version and my gun doc will be doing the following upgrades:

G&P M120 motor

New piston head (not sure what make)

A new 18" outer barrel installed with a Prometheus 455mm 6.03

Mosfet unit (not sure what make)

M110 spring (not sure what make)

Guarder Hop rubber

Rewiring

Thats all I could remember off the top of my mind. I'll be getting the gun back from the doc next week.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve. Tbh anything is better than the stock motor and the G&P is a quick motor if you're looking for increase RoF, also cheap. If you're planning on a stronger spring for higher FPS you will need a high torque motor to be able to pull it, just dont go much higher than the stock spring as the Masada gearbox shell is weak and prone to cracking.

I've just had the following installed in mine running an 11.1v and it goes like the clappers:

G&P M120 High speed motor

SHS 13:1 High speed gearset

SHS Supercore HS Piston

Kept the stock spring in as we're limited to 350fps here in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know where to buy spare push pin clips? i lost one of mine and now one of the rear pins wont stay in the reciever.

The only place I know who stock them are Fire Support but they dont have any in at the moment, anywhere else I have tried either dont stock them or are out.

Edited by starburst

I've heard a lot about the cracking gearbox shell issue with people who have upgraded the gearbox and motor. Has anyone had this issue without these upgrades? The guys at 321Airsoft (Youtube) said that the Masada should at it's price be able to take these upgrades without cracking and that a cheaper G&G guns have never had this problem whatever was put in it. I’m a believer in if it aint broke, don't try and fix it. Don’t mix this up with ignorance though, it’s just logic based on what I need my rifles to do rather that plug a Ferrari engine into a Reliant Robin I guess. The only thing I've upgraded is the hop rubber as it had to be done. But even though there are a lot of people out there that may be experienced in airsoft upgrades, they are not necessarily experts in physics of what the gear box/metals and plastics can take when put under stress and when they break their guns they blame the manufacturer. I would like to hear other opinions on this in regards to the Magpul PTS Masada.

I....it’s just logic based on what I need my rifles to do rather that plug a Ferrari engine into a Reliant Robin I guess.

Awesome analogy.

So far I haven't had any bad experiences with the gearbox shell, but I've also tried not to go crazy with performance, instead trying to put a slightly better then stock performance in ROF and FPS. Most of my upgrades have been centered around being more reliable. Sorbo pads will help the spread the energy transfer of the piston striking the front, and additionally can help your AOE to extend piston life. Personally I think a lot of people just want unnecessary performance out of somethings and push things out of their limits. Factors that can contribute to cracked gearbox shells are mainly surrounded around the force that strikes the front (influenced by the speed that the piston travels (Spring strength) and mass of the piston Force=Mass*Acceleration) additional the total energy transfer to shell can be absorbed by materials in order to lessen the amount of energy to the shell.

• Like 1

I've had no problems with my gearbox. The only time I've seen gearboxes crack are in the middle of a cold winter when someone is trying to pull a heavy spring. I usually lighten up my spring in the winter for just this reason. I also put a Sorbo pad on my piston head to deaden the sound. Added benefit is it helps protect the gearbox.

I've seen the video of the guy who claims the gearboxes are no good. I can't comment on it but as you said, he had a heavily modified gearbox from what I recall. Also note that all mechanical things fail. Some sooner than others. I've been running my Masada for over a year now and the only problems I had were self imposed.

Hope that helps....

Edited by Nikon
  • Like 1

They dont have them either, already checked there even though I would rather get a couple local to avoid paying so much in shipping for such cheap parts - but if I have to I would.

WGC will get restocked. Its a cat and mouse game, if its your last option keep an eye on the sight. They come in and sell out fast. I waited a couple of months for them to be in stock. Thats why I bought 20+ just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture of the end of the 18" barrel as compared to the stock 14.5" barrel. 14.5" is left and dark grey, 18" is right and black.

Masadabarrels001.jpg

Visible differences, besides the color, include the longer bucking (thicker "base" at the end of the inner barrel), sharper right-angle shape on the second (lower) housing shoulder, and a longer gas piston rod. Invisible differences include a much stiffer tensioner spring inside the housing.

I've described the problems I'm having with the 18" barrel assembly here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206522-problem-w-18-masada-barrel-gun-not-cycling/&do=findComment&comment=2573340

Got my gun back from the gun doc this week. Stock it was shooting at 376-378FPS with 15.02 RPS (0.2g bb's) on 9.6v 1600MAH.

With G&P M120 motor, Modify Bearing style ported piston head, stock spring and 0.2g bb's, now shooting at 19.53 RPS, with 378-382FPS. Hopup was turned off and both batteries with 100% charged. Not bad! I will be running a M90 spring for indoors, so hopefully that will decrease stress on gearbox and up the ROF!

But the range seems to be lacking still. I have on order an 18" barrel set with Prometheus 460mm 6.03 barrel, and for the stock 11.5", I have the 318mm Prometheus on order. Also 2x guarder clear hop rubbers. Would these put out more range? What else would be a good upgrade for range? I am using .25g bb's while playing indoor and outdoor.

Edited by Oshiha
But the range seems to be lacking still. I have on order an 18" barrel set with Prometheus 460mm 6.03 barrel, and for the stock 11.5", I have the 318mm Prometheus on order. Also 2x guarder clear hop rubbers. Would these put out more range? What else would be a good upgrade for range? I am using .25g bb's while playing indoor and outdoor.

If you want more effectiveness from your hop up you could try this -

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32209

I'm about to install one in mine over the next few days after recommendations from other users that it gives greater range over the stock hop up configuration, hope to share my findings over the next few weeks after i've got on the range with it.

If you need to know how to remove the hop up unit, check out my tutorial here -

Edited by Gazw
  • Like 1