MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

DMR looks sexy. Nice stock!

Going to upgrade my Masada soon to 390-400 FPS. I wonder what you guys used for the internals.

To-buy-list:

- Deepfire Titanium Piston

- Ultimate M110 Spring (with good compression, otherwise M120)

- Prometheus Aluminium Piston Head

- Wii Tech Nozzle

- Wii Tech Spring Guide

Too bad I couldn't find an appropiate V2 cylinderhead with a long nozzle while shopping on eHobby.

I may change the cylinder as well.

Edited by Probotector

Probotector, you should look up aggressor studios on facebook. They specialize in masadas and have a drop in kit with everything you mentioned even the cylinder and nozzle. If i had seen them earlier, I would have bought my parts from them. They are even working on an upgraded and reinforced complete gearbox for our masadas.

nice :D

what kind of sight is that on top of the acog? It looks like a docter, but then it'd be backwards. That way round make it look like a tiny eotech!

It is a doctor sight, I accientally mounted it the wrong way when I reassembled it to clean the glass!

Going to upgrade my Masada soon to 390-400 FPS. I wonder what you guys used for the internals.

To-buy-list:

- Wii Tech Nozzle

- Wii Tech Spring Guide

Too bad I couldn't find an appropiate V2 cylinderhead with a long nozzle while shopping on eHobby.

For internals, I used G&P M120 motor, reshim the gears, Modify Aluminum Bearing style piston head, mosfet, 318mm Prometheus 6.03 TBB for cqb (its winter here) (460mm Prometheus 6.03 TBB in the picture), 1J spring for indoors, M110 for outdoors, Guarder clear hop rubber. Looking at other upgrades, so I will update on that.

If you want more effectiveness from your hop up you could try this -

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=32209

I'm about to install one in mine over the next few days after recommendations from other users that it gives greater range over the stock hop up configuration, hope to share my findings over the next few weeks after i've got on the range with it.

If you need to know how to remove the hop up unit, check out my tutorial here -

Does the Wii Tech Air Nozzle and Hop up chamber increase range by alot? I may get one, except its hard to find one that ships to Canada for a decent price.

Edited by Oshiha

To-buy-list:

- Wii Tech Nozzle

- Wii Tech Spring Guide

The pts masada uses a v3 cylinder head....kwa cylinder heads off of the g36 work beautiully.

dude what armor is that ?

This is a Transformers 3 vest from ebairsoft: http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-warrior-vest-p-5754.html

But I have noticed that there is a cheaper version: http://www.ebairsoft.com/cosplay-vest-p-6229.html

I skirmished with it for the first time this weekend and I have to admit I had a few positive comments about my loadout, even though I had a pretty poor day!!!

Here is a pic of the two masadas I got for 200$ for both! The blackout masada has been mine for 3 years now.

IMG_0010.jpg

The silver one didn't come with a gearbox but the tan one worked perfectly. I took the black off the lower receiver and returned it to tan. The handguard wouldnt go back to tan. The silver one was really scuffed up but the body and barrel and hop up were perfect. So i decided to make a CQB upper!

Here is the result

IMG_0011.jpg

I was wondering what size Lipo do you all find fits best in the railed handguard?

This is a Transformers 3 vest from ebairsoft: http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-warrior-vest-p-5754.html

But I have noticed that there is a cheaper version: http://www.ebairsoft.com/cosplay-vest-p-6229.html

I skirmished with it for the first time this weekend and I have to admit I had a few positive comments about my loadout, even though I had a pretty poor day!!!

it loook amazing i might have to pick myself one up :)
  • Like 1

They do look pretty cool, they do not look friendly to all body types.

You're probably right, but there are loads of straps to adjust all kinds of sizes...!! Check out this thread for some other 'body shapes' in the same armour: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/197624-transformer-3-loadout/page__st__40__hl__+tf3&do=findComment&comment=2575718

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of battery storage in the "real size" masada handguards? I've looked around but couldn't find a deffinitive answer.

Is it as battery restrictive as the railed guard? What size NiMH battery fits or is it Lipo only?

My standard handgurad just broke and I don't know if i want to get the original replacement or the real size.

NiMH batteries won't fit. Personally I've only been successful using 7.4 lipo sticks and butterflies. My 11.1 20c stick doesn't fit, but I haven't tried any 11.1 butterfly batteries. The largest battery I could fit was a lipo brick with dimensions of 103mm x 35mm x 11.2mm and I ended up puncturing the shrink wrap once. The brick was real tough to fit.

this battery will fit

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p13573/FireFox-7.4V-1300mAh-Lithium-20C-Li-Polymer-Battery-(L:70mm)/product_info.html

The key dimension seems to be 11mm thickness.

@sacairsoftsn00py: I've put a V2 ARES Stainless Cylinderhead (SOCOM-series) in it. Perfect fit with the WiiTech Nozzle (almost the same length)

Parts:

Deepfire Titanium Piston (Vollzahn)

Prometheus Metal Piston Head + Kugellager

Deepfire Cylinder

WiiTech Metal Nozzle

ARES Socom-Series Metal Cylinderhead

Element Silver Wiring + Deans

Ultimate 110 Spring

Gears Shimming (Ultimate 0,15 & 0,3 Shims)

~432 FPS. Impressive, but 32 FPS too high. ;)

@sacairsoftsn00py: I've put a V2 ARES Stainless Cylinderhead (SOCOM-series) in it. Perfect fit with the WiiTech Nozzle (almost the same length)

Parts:

Deepfire Titanium Piston (Vollzahn)

Prometheus Metal Piston Head + Kugellager

Deepfire Cylinder

WiiTech Metal Nozzle

ARES Socom-Series Metal Cylinderhead

Element Silver Wiring + Deans

Ultimate 110 Spring

Gears Shimming (Ultimate 0,15 & 0,3 Shims)

~432 FPS. Impressive, but 32 FPS too high. ;)

How much of a difference is the Wii Tech Nozzle compared to the stock one? Noticeable difference in range?