MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

When I was doing a tune up job on my old masada akm, I ended up fitting a kwa cylinder head off of a kwa g36c. The brass nozzle was thicker in diameter compared to the oem cylinder head's. Also, the bore was significantly larger which increased the fps. Im sure the post was buried somewhere in this thread. I had the gun wired for a mosfet.

When I was doing a tune up job on my old masada akm, I ended up fitting a kwa cylinder head off of a kwa g36c. The brass nozzle was thicker in diameter compared to the oem cylinder head's. Also, the bore was significantly larger which increased the fps. Im sure the post was buried somewhere in this thread. I had the gun wired for a mosfet.

I will definetely be putting this part into my gun. Did you also radius your gearbox shell?

Anybody using a MOSFET with the stock trigger switch assembly? I've been looking for some information regarding this matter to little avail.

Thanks,

Logan

I do. On semi auto, its hard to tell if it has a mosfet in it or not (because of the damn crappy microswitch). The mosfet I have is a basic home made one to protect the trigger contacts, nothing special.

I was just planning on buying the parts to make my own mosfet also. I only want it for the protection of the trigger contacts.

A bit off topic but does anyone know what part K12 is on the masada? My instruction sheet that came with the gun does not have that part listed. I need the two screws for the magwell that holds the front of the gearbox to the lower receiver. On my sheet it was listed as a different part no. Im hoping that the newer instruction sheet has it listed differently.

I will definetely be putting this part into my gun. Did you also radius your gearbox shell?

I do. On semi auto, its hard to tell if it has a mosfet in it or not (because of the damn crappy microswitch). The mosfet I have is a basic home made one to protect the trigger contacts, nothing special.

I radiused my gearbox and added an ars sorbo pad on it along with the mosfet. There should be pictures of everything that was added on this thread. I believe I posted it around 11 months ago. I sold my masada a few weeks after building it. Got bored with it easily.

Did the searching myself...everything is on Page 115 of this thread.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I can't remember the site, but I was able to find a replacement from Honeywell's aeronautical division. Look at the part number on the switch and you might be able to find it on some of these large online electronic stores, although you do need to trim some of the contact tabs to make it fit. I would recommend a MOSFET/Computer with a 'debounce' program (http://extreme-fire.com/) , to help route the higher motor voltage away from the trigger contacts. The rig I have has a computerize MOSFET plus an additional Control Unit that houses the debounce program. In theory I believe if you know what you are doing, you could program the single computerized MOSFET to do the debounce, as they code is out there for free.

The one from aggressor studio would do well, but any microswitch would do. Just look for the same design and it should work, can't find the link to the replacement everyone always says to get.

If I were all of you though, I would seriously consider waiting. The PTS Masada Trigger and mosfet solution has finally arrived!

Drop in replacement + mosfet system designed by our friend that used to run AWS. It's called the chimera and its built basically as a cross between the Extreme Fire Lion and the AWS Raptor mosfets (beast of many faces, IE a Chimera). It's the best mosfet around and they are building a drop in replacement just for the masada! They know it has major issues in this area..

Reap the opportunity everyone...

When getting a pts masada...installing a sorbo pad and a non active breaking mosfet is highly recommended if not required. Tune for efficiency to get the most out of the gun. Unfortunately, more people think they know what they're doing than those who actually know what they're doing.

When getting a pts masada...installing a sorbo pad and a non active breaking mosfet is highly recommended if not required. Tune for efficiency to get the most out of the gun. Unfortunately, more people think they know what they're doing than those who actually know what they're doing.

Thank you for all the advice. I will be installing sorbo pad, and looking to get the gearbox radius'ed (corners dremeled off), as I hear the gearbox is very prone to cracking.

Do you think this gun can pull a M110 without any issues? (If correctly modded)

If I were all of you though, I would seriously consider waiting. The PTS Masada Trigger and mosfet solution has finally arrived!

Drop in replacement + mosfet system designed by our friend that used to run AWS. It's called the chimera and its built basically as a cross between the Extreme Fire Lion and the AWS Raptor mosfets (beast of many faces, IE a Chimera). It's the best mosfet around and they are building a drop in replacement just for the masada! They know it has major issues in this area..

Reap the opportunity everyone...

Any idea when and where it is coming? Is there a site i can check for info?

Has anyone here tried the Aggressor studios complete upgraded gearbox? Or experience with their airtight solutions?

https://www.facebook.com/AggressorStudio

@hokum, you can wait for a drop in mosfet or Aggressor recommended Gate MERF 3.2 mosfet.

http://www.gatee.eu/MERF3EN.pdf

Any idea when and where it is coming? Is there a site i can check for info?

Has anyone here tried the Aggressor studios complete upgraded gearbox? Or experience with their airtight solutions?

https://www.facebook.com/AggressorStudio

@hokum, you can wait for a drop in mosfet or Aggressor recommended Gate MERF 3.2 mosfet.

http://www.gatee.eu/MERF3EN.pdf

Would also like to know.

• 2 weeks later...

To push the Masada further without much damage to the gearbox, here are the mods I plan to do/already did. Let me know what you guys think, I have complied this list from this whole 129 page thread + information on ASM.

GOAL: 250-300 Feet accurate

400~ FPS

455mm Prometheus 6.03 TBB already installed 

SHS High torque short motor

SHS High speed gear set 18:1 

Modify AUG cylinder kit ( cylinder head to be sorbo'ed, cylinder, polycarbonate piston + piston head)

Modify 8mm Bushings

Purchased new nozzle (http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?products_id=1522)

M120 or M110 spring (not sure what the stock one is)

Radius gearbox

Rhop tuned

.3gram bb's

GensAce 7.4v 1200mAH 20c Lipo and/or Intellect 9.6v 1600mAH

Let me know what you guys think..

Edited by Oshiha
Does anyone know of a place to purchase a replacement Masada trigger switch assembly? Fire-Support is out of stock.

I know that it is the "standard" ARES trigger switch commonly used in the G36, PPSH, and others, but cannot locate a store.

Any suggestions?

Here's what I did. http://www.ebay.com/itm/370705158397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Same amp rating but cheap!