MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

I've read from multiple sources that the GBB kit just rips itself apart pretty quickly. And in ways that there are not replacment original or upgrade parts for unless you have access to your own machine shop.

Damn I gotta hurry myself, I still have to pick up a 18'' barrel, PRS II stock, and a long handguard. 

Well I've just picked up a Masada DMR from classifieds so I'll be able to answer my own questions.

It's got the 18" barrel, PRS II stock, long handguard, upgraded cylinder/piston, M150 spring, Scope plus all the original bits inc CQB barrel.

Shoots 440fps with .25s.

Arrives soon..................... :D

I built out the DMR with the separate parts.

When I went to install the new barrel, the gun wouldn't feed at all.  On inspection, I found this:

Masadabarrels001.jpg

Original left, new right.

Amazing that perhaps 0.5mm of difference in where the bucking landed caused the problem.  Notice also the reduced chamfering on the "hip".

Swopping over some parts from the original barrel to the 18" solved the problem.

Resulting in this.

Masada013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Look into pouches/rigs made by headontactical.com his chest rigs/single mag pouches work beautifully. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

FYI, those tactical tailor fight light pouches, while lighter, are on the flimsy side. Reinserting mags for when/if you top off becomes more challenging with them.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Look into pouches/rigs made by headontactical.com his chest rigs/single mag pouches work beautifully. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 FYI, those tactical tailor fight light pouches, while lighter, are on the flimsy side. Reinserting mags for when/if you top off becomes more challenging with them.

Those don't look to bad. So other then the TT pouches having an issue inserting mags quickly, the AKM mags will fit in them?

Quite honestly, I think those are more tailored for the m4 mag which means there won't be much of a slop. They have them at the local air soft extreme shop but quite honestly, I prefer headontactical's pouches. I can ask about whether or not the aim mags fit in them tomorrow morning for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk