MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

I think the pics on "fortress" mirrors what I have seen so far, that is: one Magpul logo on pistol grip, and outlined magpul logos as grip texture.

I also note that today ehobbyasia show all the masada variants as sold out. So I guess that those of you who hasn´t preordered yet will have to wait a bit longer.

I have read earlier in this thread arguments that the A&K Masada looks better than the Magpul one. For some reason I have thought so also. The side by side comparison pics on "fortress" made me look in to why..

I think the A&K looks more balanced estetically. It has the slender, foldeable stock and a shorter hand guard, showing more of the barrel. The chunky fixed stock and the longer handguard of the stock Magpul PTS makes it look more chubby, despite being longer, I think. I also compared it to the basic ACR model, which, despite the solid stock looks better balanced due to the longer barrel.

So my conclusion is that the Magpul PTS version will benefit from a folding stock and a longer barrel - estetically that is. I shamelessly stole some pics of the interwebz and edited for your viewing pleassure.

Wheres/Whatabout the G&P Version? I believe that was the 1st offish licensed Masada.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

@ Doedkoett

Sorry, I was looking at the images on my cell phone and I think the small screen was making it hard to see the grip outline logos. Thanks for pointing out that it was correct. i just rechecked on the computer and indeed it was like I remembered seeing elsewhere :)

Nice pics of the FDE-version att both Echigoya and Fortress-Web. The latter site even has a comparison between the A&K and Magpul PTS version.

http://fortress.militaryblog.jp/e149055.html

A local retailer here in Indiana says they will be recieving them by August 21st. And when I recieve mine from them, I will also do a side by side comparison between the A&K and the Magpul.

I actually think the PTS looks leaps and bounds better than the A&K. This will probably sound dumb, but just the 'vibe' the PTS gives off just seems more solid. I really enjoy how the PTS is much beefier than the A&K. You can tell Magpul put loads of time on the aesthetics of this thing.

I pre-ordered one somewhat being on the fence of how I feel about this gun, (and knowing if I just didn't like it I could probably sell and make some profit on it) but after seeing these photos I'm extremely glad I ordered one. I'm really excited now.

The A&Ks started off unauthorized and weren't developed with Magpul PTS' involvement. Eventually, Magpul PTS agreed to sell A&K authorization to make their Masadas on a per unit basis. The licensing agreement wasn't a blanket one: it was issued unit by unit and authorization was identified using a holo sticker.

After the A&K's became licensed by Magpul PTS, G&P bought a quantity of gutted authorized A&K Masadas (with holo stickers) and installed their own G&P internals in the guns. The only way to identify if the A&K masada you had is in fact a licensed replica, would be by seeing whether or not it had the holographic sticker. That said, the holo sticker is mostly there to prove that the retailer you bought it from was indeed selling a licensed product. Once you buy it, you really don't HAVE to keep it on the gun. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep the sticker someplace safe though.

The A&Ks started off unauthorized and weren't developed with Magpul PTS' involvement. Eventually, Magpul PTS agreed to sell A&K authorization to make their Masadas on a per unit basis. The licensing agreement wasn't a blanket one: it was issued unit by unit and authorization was identified using a holo sticker.

After the A&K's became licensed by Magpul PTS, G&P bought a quantity of gutted authorized A&K Masadas (with holo stickers) and installed their own G&P internals in the guns. The only way to identify if the A&K masada you had is in fact a licensed replica, would be by seeing whether or not it had the holographic sticker. That said, the holo sticker is mostly there to prove that the retailer you bought it from was indeed selling a licensed product. Once you buy it, you really don't HAVE to keep it on the gun. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep the sticker someplace safe though.

Thanks for that clarity. I gotta take pics of that gun and post it up in the Magpul Thread. That and the other Magpuls we've built.

The darn sticker is no longer with us, thrown in the rubbish. But the residue is still there. Apparently removed b/c it wasn't a tactical move to have shiny parts giving away our positions in the bush.

No body wants the fixed stock, the only reson they even make it for the real gun is retarded gun laws in the US, and really who cares about that, give me something that looks like a masada.

That's quite a strong statement! I wouldn't say 'nobody' wants the fixed stock. I do prefer the look of the folding stock on the Masada, but I like the fixed one too. I use a G36C for CQB and I never fold the stock, so the functionality of a folding stock isn't something I would personally miss.

No body wants the fixed stock, the only reson they even make it for the real gun is retarded gun laws in the US, and really who cares about that, give me something that looks like a masada.

You are wrong, my dear sir. The collapsible stocks were made to make the gun eeasier to transport, but either way, full stock looks better.

Here is a first look: (not my video)

Wow, it looks amazing in video. This FDE is launching alongside the black, right?

I simply cannot wait for that GBB kit they are planning! Might make this my favorite airsoft hardware ever.

Edited by Surfaced