MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

Is Ehobby actually in stock with the FDE ACRs?

What optic.... I am thinking Dytac T1 with KAC mount.... Hmm....

Edit: MVG is it... /edit

Are all the internals just standard v2/M4/M16 parts? What type is the airnozzle? Tappet? Spring guide, cylinder head, etc?

It has a short motor, right? If so, does anyone know if it is possible to get tienly motors in the short type?

Edited by Vercingetorix

Is Ehobby actually in stock with the FDE ACRs?

What optic.... I am thinking Dytac T1 with KAC mount.... Hmm....

Edit: MVG is it... /edit

Are all the internals just standard v2/M4/M16 parts? What type is the airnozzle? Tappet? Spring guide, cylinder head, etc?

It has a short motor, right? If so, does anyone know if it is possible to get tienly motors in the short type?

Go to the beginning of the thread, all the pics you will ever need :)

Back on topic ...

I opened my PTS Masada box to discover there was something different about my Masada ... it had a few accessories ... :D

ptsacr76201sm.jpg

A big thanks to Magpul PTS who supplied me with the sample and the accessories. Here are the additional sample items I will be reviewing soon:

acrextras.jpg

RIS rail, AK lower, short barrel assembly.

While mine does say "Made in Hong Kong" on the side, I can tell I can scratch it off with a little effort.

Overall ... It's ... so ... awesome. :o

• Like 1

LOL, thanks! I feel like a lucky SOB too :P . I wish I could spend more time with it, but I have another Tactical Carbine class this weekend and I have to get ready for that instead.

Tacitus, the gun came in the default 5.56mm configuration that everyone else will be getting. PTS generous included the other items for me to review along with it. No idea about internal tracer unit space ... it doesn't use a normal V2 hopup so a internal tracer will either need to be a home brew design, or if PTS ever came out with their own.

LOL, thanks! I feel like a lucky SOB too :P . I wish I could spend more time with it, but I have another Tactical Carbine class this weekend and I have to get ready for that instead.

Tacitus, the gun came in the default 5.56mm configuration that everyone else will be getting. PTS generous included the other items for me to review along with it. No idea about internal tracer unit space ... it doesn't use a normal V2 hopup so a internal tracer will either need to be a home brew design, or if PTS ever came out with their own.

It looks like you might be able to drill holes in the feed tube for mounting LEDs, like with a G36. If you get round to taking more pics at any point, I'd love to see some details of the feed tube/hopup/nozzle area.

Also I'm keen to know the dimensions of the battery compartment. It looks like it might take a slightly larger battery than the standard 'mini' size...?

I'd also love to know if anyone is planning to run a LiPo battery in the gun in it's stock configuration. From what we've seen of the internals so far it looks like they can take it, but it would be great to know for sure whether it's 'LiPo ready' OOTB.

Now that production models are out, I'm sure there will be dozens more questions from potential owners...

Damn you're lucky, it's good to see that they take care of their friends :)

I really like the look of the AK lower, it'll definitely will be on the list of accessories to get!

The real question though is how does it compare to the other take downs in this thread and how does it shoot?

Has anything changed internally from the last time?

The RIS kit looks spot on in FDE.

Yup. I'm really impressed with the FDE finish. the metal FDE parts are a perfect match to the polymer parts. They don't stand out as two different colored materials.

I'd also love to know if anyone is planning to run a LiPo battery in the gun in it's stock configuration. From what we've seen of the internals so far it looks like they can take it, but it would be great to know for sure whether it's 'LiPo ready' OOTB.

I'll be using lipo with it OOTB. From what PTS told me, it should be fine.

The real question though is how does it compare to the other take downs in this thread and how does it shoot?

Has anything changed internally from the last time?

Nothing's changed since I saw it in their offices a year ago. Take down was simple, and now that I know how to do it, I can swap lowers in under 5 minutes start to finish. It's a brilliant design. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the selector gears to properly line up with the external gears on the gear box that move the selector plate. Seems a bit finicky. But that could be user error.

Yup. I'm really impressed with the FDE finish. the metal FDE parts are a perfect match to the polymer parts. They don't stand out as two different colored materials.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the selector gears to properly line up with the external gears on the gear box that move the selector plate. Seems a bit finicky. But that could be user error.

Yup, after I was playing with the black pre-pro one I knew that if the finish on the metal in FDE was the same as that it would be very nice.

Erm, I think you have to out the selectors to fully auto before re-inserting the gearbox - can't remember it was something like that though!

And now, please, somebody have the courage to pop one open. I must know if they really have changed away from Ares internals, as especially their motor the that pictures have shown to date, is absolute rubbish. :)

Edited by Abelius

*$*%* #($( @& !$!%@ uuggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'M TOO POOR FOR THIS, USMC!

For the first time I was actually looking forward to PTS taking some time before the release of the accessories so I could save up dough. *sigh* Looks like I'll be working some doubles. That 7.62 lower is just too sexy to pass up.

*$*%* #($( @& !$!%@ uuggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'M TOO POOR FOR THIS, USMC!

For the first time I was actually looking forward to PTS taking some time before the release of the accessories so I could save up dough. *sigh* Looks like I'll be working some doubles. That 7.62 lower is just too sexy to pass up.

I know the feeling :( First payday will be the gun and then every payday after that will be devoted to the different barrel lengths, the AK lower, RIS hand guard, springs and maybe even the folding stock. Never mind the other bits and pieces to go along with it!

It's not the customization that makes this gun great, it's the fact it can be done with minimal effort compared to most guns :)