MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

First AAR with the gun,

The Good:

No Lock-Ups on Semi or burst.

Great Range and accuracy, I made several kills that I thought were too far out.

Excellent L/R transition speed.

The Bad:

My 8 Pro-Arms Mid Caps do NOT feed in this gun, some old metal Mids feed fine and so do PMAGs but the Pro-Arms Mid Caps do NOT feed.

The gun shot great, felt great, and was a joy to use, even at only 350ish with .2(Site did not chrono a single gun today O.O) I still had the range to compete with guns flinging .25s at +400.

Mine has been in customs since the 29th of last month...its absolutely killing me :( Been to 2 games since it got into the country knowing how close it is but out of reach, Parcel Force just say there is nothing they can do! :angry:

I know the feeling. I've had a GBB held in customs since June 19. It has been seized, but Redwolf won't replace/refund it. I've been in contact with them since June 23.

My model has the exact two washers missing. I thoguht that getting the outerbarrel into the gun was naturally a struggle but now I know that is actually a problem also. thanks for the heads up

Yeah, so yours has also a wobbly barrel unless you screw it like real hard, way passed the middle point, right?

Well, if there are at least two of those, there might be more... I'm wondering if it's a defective machine in Magpul PTS's factory which skips some washers once in a while or some kind of human error...

I just used a lipo 11.1v 1100 mah and 200 rounds in. My piston stripped.

Does the warranty specify which batteries should be used? I believe that the UK models come with a warranty that will be void if anything other than a 8.4v bat is used, not sure if thats true for the rest of the world.

My model has the exact two washers missing. I thoguht that getting the outerbarrel into the gun was naturally a struggle but now I know that is actually a problem also. thanks for the heads up

This worries me. 2 units in such a short time missing pieces.

Damn, I'm almost tempted to take mine completely apart and compare against the parts diagram.

Spoke to customs today about my ACR, they say it didnt go into "the cage" till the 3rd and I have to give them a call back on Monday. Makes it sound like its going into a fight to the death with like 3 other parcels and the winner gets let into the country! At least I know and it has stopped my pining for a little bit...just a little tho! ;)

• Like 1

I am planning on upgrading my Masada more. What parts do you recomend upgrading and can you show me the brand/brand model I should get? And what do you guys think of mosfets for the Masada? I took mine apart and saw the trigger function is different than normal ones.

What I have already:

- Guarder 50% bucking w/ mod

- G&P short M120 motor

- PTS 1-point Sling Mount

- 2x PTS MOE 7 rails

Possible future plans:

- M110 or M120 spring

- G&G reinforced piston

- Systema, Prometheus, or RiotSC gears

- Prommy 6.03 barrel

I won't be putting a MOSFET in, at least not at first.

• Like 1

This worries me. 2 units in such a short time missing pieces.

Damn, I'm almost tempted to take mine completely apart and compare against the parts diagram.

I understand that, and know that my situation is not even dealt with yet. I'm under the impression that Magpul PTS is now trying to "fix" my barrel by sending the missing washers to eHobby Asia instead of just replacing the defective ACR... I mean I have no guarantee that since this ACR passed QA with missing washers that some other parts might be missing somewhere.

I told them my thoughts an hope to get a replacement soon instead of a repaired ACR... damn my luck, this sucks big time.

I took my barrel apart yesterday to add a Madbull tight bore and the 50% bucking, and I think that mine is missing those washers as well. mine looks just like yours Ycare.

Interesting, yours screws in fine though, and no wobble either, right? I'd be curious to know where lies the difference then, and how come so many washers are missing!

Edited by Ycare

What I have already:

- G&P short M120 motor

- 2x PTS MOE 7 rails

Possible future plans:

- M110 or M120 spring

- G&G reinforced piston

- Prommy 6.03 barrel

1a) What "mod" on the Guarder bucking?

1b) You think I would be ok with a Systema bucking?

2) As for the TBB barrel, the Masada is supposed to be 375mm, right?

If the closest I can find is a 363, would that be ok without any mod? (1/2 inch short of the outer barrel).

What I have already:

- G&P short M120 motor

- 2x PTS MOE 7 rails

Possible future plans:

- M110 or M120 spring

- G&G reinforced piston

- Prommy 6.03 barrel

Very Similar to mine,

Here now waiting to be fitted when my ACR arrives:

Guarder 50% bucking

Marui EG1000 Motor

PTS 1 -point Sling Mount

Systema M110/120 spring (see how hard it fires with each, probably go with 110)

Magpul Ergos Rails (3 set)

After pay day on the 25th:

Prometeus 6.03 barrel,

Systema Spur Gear Set

Madbul Noveske Kx3 Amplifier - Black (I have 1 on my M4 but because of the thread having to purchase another :/)

Cylinder is fine as is the cylinder head. Not sure how systema cylinders will fit the cylinder head so I'm sticking with the stock cylinder/cylinder head assembly for now.

How's the gearbox itself? Seem reinforced?

I bought an M120 and an M135 spring to test out. (Figuring I'd use the 120 most of the time, 135 for sh*ts and giggles).

I'm planing on the following:

Modify Polycarb Piston

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2247

Bravo SIlent Polycarb Piston-head

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6239

AirsoftGI PE 6.03 TBB (While a store brand, I hear this is a decent quality TBB).

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5843

Unless, does anything thing there is a big difference between this TBB and a real Prometheus or Madbull one?

I heard the Guarder buckings tear easy, no?

Why the motor upgrades?

What comes in the gun? IS the M1220 more powerful, faster, or just quieter?

1a) What "mod" on the Guarder bucking?

1b) You think I would be ok with a Systema bucking?

2) As for the TBB barrel, the Masada is supposed to be 375mm, right?

If the closest I can find is a 363, would that be ok without any mod? (1/2 inch short of the outer barrel).

1a) Cut about 1mm off the end to create a propper seal/fit.

1b) Not sure. I am still waiting for my ACR to arrive, but I could test a Systema bucking when it gets here if you want.

2) Yes and yes.

Very Similar to mine,

Here now waiting to be fitted when my ACR arrives:

Guarder 50% bucking

Marui EG1000 Motor

PTS 1 -point Sling Mount

Systema M110/120 spring (see how hard it fires with each, probably go with 110)

Magpul Ergos Rails (3 set)

lol, we're gun buddies. tongue.gif

• Like 1