MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yours definitely had wobble. And it has since been fixed. Who else's has been confirmed to have wobble? Because out of the 3000 units sold so far, yours is the only one that I'm aware of that has been

I like how me pointing out the obvious in my last post has garnered a negative rep. LOL. Haters gonna hate.

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares ab

Posted Images

If it turns out that it is indeed Ares, that'd be a bit embarressing for PTS given that they've firmly stated their position on this.

The question is, who makes ARES's gearboxes? ARES themselves were a contractor for STAR, anyone that has had anything made in China knows that brands have contractors that have sub-contractors that have sub-contractors that have etc...

From the secrecy of the development, it would make sense if they contracted plenty of different parts out to different companies. I have customers who do that.

@ Scuffer:

Looking at the pictures of the Lower without the controversial GB inside, there is a pin right over the right side mag release. What's that good for? Is it part of the bolt release?

About the whole GB manufacturer question, we are talking about a totally new gearbox design here. AFAIK, there's never been a hybrid between V2 and V3 before. So yes, many things look like Ares (and I find it interesting that my idea it might be a Star got just brushed aside) but then, the quick spring change is something other companies are very well able to put in a GB, especially a brand new built-from-scratch design. Oh, and btw, that grayish color of the GB very much reminds me of the Systema GBs

And BTW, I recall that Star was always Hong Kong based

Thanks for all the info so far scuffer,

No chance of this being cracked open then is there? would be brilliant if you could. :D

No worries, and no at the moment I have no chance to open one up sorry.

@ Scuffer:

Looking at the pictures of the Lower without the controversial GB inside, there is a pin right over the right side mag release. What's that good for? Is it part of the bolt release?

Yer that is just part of the bolt release.

DarkLite is right, they can be found in both bare metal and black painted versions. Ive seen and owned both myself so i wouldnt mark that down as any proof its not ares/star just yet...

Van-Kun, What are ya gonna swap the internals out with? The gears and piston etc etc are all well and good, but what if this breaks much like a lot of the StAres do across those 2 little allen keys, your pretty much *froitcagio* when it comes to replacing te shell i reckon. :(

Still, I look forward to seeing it in more detail anyway, hoping to be proved wrong. :)

I know some of their older GBs had the bare metal GB shells, but as far as I know ALL their guns coming off the line right now have black shells. I know I could be wrong, but now that they've started releasing replacement GBs, all of them pictured including the Scar GB was black.

When I get mine I'll be installing helical gears, AB mosfet, Guarder 110 spring(I like the consistent FPS it gives), G&P 120 motor, SCS nub(if possible) and a systema bucking. It may all not be needed, but it's all just for personal preference based off past experiences with the parts.

Awesome!

Definitely on the top of my to-buy list - can't wait to hear the skirmish reports biggrin.gif

Same!,orgianly i was gonna get the ACS,but ill just wait for this,i wanted this for 3 years.

BEFORE i played any call of duty game,rare for a currently 14 year old gamer tongue.gif

AND BTW for those who say the ACR is NOT unique, (googles ACR pic of internals)

rember-every AEG Copies TM somewaywink.gif

Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

I think the Magpul version will outsell and outlast the G&P/ A&K mainly because it has the official magpul logo for bragging wrights and wanting to look cool ect..

In all honesty though i think this one WILL be worth getting because of the modular system thats going to allow quick changes of barrels and stocks just like the real thing (well as close too) even if it does cost a bit more than average.

Same with Any Airsofter that dosent play airsoft to be like Ramariez

MY thoughts on The ACR:its gonna be awsome,plain and simple as stated,ive waited 3 LONG YEARS,for this(seen it on future weapons)I loved it since day one,before i started to truely get into airsoft(havent bought a thing yet,but been praticing handleing the guns wight :),and with alL of the stuff for it,its going to be awsome,with both stocks,a spare barrle,a very quick spring change,and maybe a lower reciver change for reliasm nuts to have a instant DMR!

more guns for your the price of one,only need a few assioricessmile.gif

And stop Argueing over internals,Less Fighting More Info-sharing please :3

SuperKingBigNuts, you do realize you can edit that first post you made rather than posting three more subsequent posts, right? You always have a 2 hour window to edit any post. Something to keep in mind for the future, otherwise, mods might interpret posting the way you just did as simply trying to increase your post count.

SuperKingBigNuts, you do realize you can edit that first post you made rather than posting three more subsequent posts, right? You always have a 2 hour window to edit any post. Something to keep in mind for the future, otherwise, mods might interpret posting the way you just did as simply trying to increase your post count.

heheh sorry,first time kinda posting,ill heed your adive :)

Maybe I'm a bit out of date, but wasnt there talk of a GBB kit for the ACR? Or did they do away with that? I really dont see how they can drop in a GBB unit/system into this particular AEG shell, unless its a NBB.

Gun does look really good.

Edited by Ion

So I may have missed it going through the thread, but is this even expected to be released within the year?

Yes, reletively soon, prehaps 2 months time.

is it like the Real ACR,and have A space for a battery in the grip/retractable stock?

and will the normal ACR AEG handgaurd have rails at some point(not a full ris one,like the MOE Handgarud)

No space for batteries in the grip, unsure regarding the retractable stock as I haven't seen/used on yet.

Yes, you will be able to fit sections of RIS to the standard handguard.

No space for batteries in the grip, unsure regarding the retractable stock as I haven't seen/used on yet.

Are you sure? Have you tried lipo batteries? There's supposed to be two types of polymer hand guards as well as the railed hand guard coming out. From what I recall the railed hand guard could accommodate lipos. The RS sized polymer hand guard could fit lipos. And the slightly wider than RS sized polymer hand guard could fit certain batteries that are larger than lipos, such as some NiMh and NiCd batteries. I'm pretty certain the railed hand guard could accommodate small stick lipos. I'd be surprised if that weren't the case anymore. There's not supposed to be any space in the full stock or retractable stock for a battery as they chose not to go with the rear wiring ala VFC SCAR style, which is probably the only way rear wiring on the Masada would have worked.

Are you sure? Have you tried lipo batteries? There's supposed to be two types of polymer hand guards as well as the railed hand guard coming out. From what I recall the railed hand guard could accommodate lipos. The RS sized polymer hand guard could fit lipos. And the slightly wider than RS sized polymer hand guard could fit certain batteries that are larger than lipos, such as some NiMh and NiCd batteries. I'm pretty certain the railed hand guard could accommodate small stick lipos. I'd be surprised if that weren't the case anymore. There's not supposed to be any space in the full stock or retractable stock for a battery as they chose not to go with the rear wiring ala VFC SCAR style, which is probably the only way rear wiring on the Masada would have worked.

Apologies I wasn't paying attention, when he said grip+stock I assumed he ment pistol grip (having a space for a tool/spare batteries) like the RS one I believe.

In the foregrip there's plenty of room, in the RIS I fitted a 1200mAh 7.4v Lipo and I'm sure you could get a bigger stick Lipo in there too. As for the standard handguard not sure, but I'd imagine a 9.6v mini would fit, from looking at the room around the barrel.

I was able to see this first hand at the recent Airsoft Arms fair at gunman airsoft, although many will undoubtedly like the new design i feel very letdown that the original design was not kept, i was very fond of the A&K Masada and would have liked to see magpul retain this design, i think if i'm going to get a Masada it will be the A&K variety.