Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Sent mine off to Spartan Imports for repair\replacement today (fingers crossed). Anyone received one back they had to RMA yet? How did it work? Was it repaired or replaced?

I do have to give props to Andrew and Airsoft Outlet NW. They immediatly contacted Spartan for me and worked out the entire RMA.

Has anyone who bought a Magpul had or owed either of the other 2 models..the A&K or G&P? I'm curious how the physically compare side-to-side...

I sternly convinced Spartan to do the repairs at my local dealer due to the shipping costs, but since the claim was put in (Last Friday) and a course of action confirmed (Monday) my gun's repairs are still TBA with no indication other than "some time" from Spartan. I'm keeping a running tally of games I haven't been able to use the gun in or haven't wanted to go to because I won't be able to use it, so far its 2.

• Like 1

This is just rubbish. For the price, it should be plug and play.

I can't believe guys on this thread are saying don't comment on the questionable quality, comment on the fixes.

Ridiculous.

My gun hasn't run through any problems so far and I'm sure there are more owners that can say good things about this gun.

• Like 1

Your response has just a whiff of desperation to it. Yes...some owners have few problems, but the majority seem to be firming up replacement parts lists (some are dressing this up as 'personal preference') before committing.

This isn't a cheap AEG.

• Like 3

Hey AnakChan, what suppressor are you using with your ACR? Any opinions on it?

MadBull Gemtech G5 Silencer with a MadBull PWS FSC556 Quick Comp (G5 Compatible) (14mm CW).

My opinions about the Suppressor/PWS FSC556 combo? Hmmm...looks good but the FSC556 was a tight fit.

As for my opinions about the ACR specifically, it's great and I didn't have any problems some of these other owners are seeing. Admittedly whilst I might agree Magpul PTS QC has dropped a little with the ACR line, the issues are still in the lower percentile. Wish more happy ACR owners will speak up.

It's easy for unhappy owners to (rightfully) be concerned and voice their opinions, but at the same time, happy owners should speak up - now, to be done objectively, and not unfairly such that it sounds they're defending their investment.

• Like 1

Your response has just a whiff of desperation to it. Yes...some owners have few problems, but the majority seem to be firming up replacement parts lists (some are dressing this up as 'personal preference') before committing.

This isn't a cheap AEG.

http://www.sacairsoft.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,40/page,viewtopic/t,3905/postdays,0/postorder,asc/start,275/

Note that quite a few of my builds (that I had taken time to list down parts on ) has Systema Gears, TM Piston, EG1000 motor on it. The M4's were all TM based. Some of them are the same...just that I dressed em up differently. Some of the posts are from 2007. Those are just some of the guns I built that follow what you call "personal preference". In my case...it really is.

But yeah, you're right. At the price they're asking you to pay, it should be plug and play and be free of issues.

Marui's are plug and play and are virtually free of issues...so long as you stick with what they recommend. Stick an 11.1v li-po in their guns and it'll break on you. They have the TM M14 and PSG-1's that are on the expensive side that will break when 11.1v batteries.

so what would you need to do to make the masada's internals match the quality of the exterior?

Honestly, what I ended up replacing parts from my MASADA with what I have been using for a long time. I constantly hear about broken gears, messed up pistons and what not.

From experience, I've never blown TM pistons and Systema gears for the applications I put them through.

One of my AEG's shoots 33-34 rounds a second and has not crapped out on me on sustained fire (holding down on 170 round mags til its empty repeatedly). For the rest of my previous AEG's, I don't push them that hard. Personally, I stick with 9.6v batteries so I can hold down on the trigger without worrying about anything going poof. If I ever use an 11.1v lipo, its for something that I will be shooting on semi auto for majority of the time.

Where I play, using a 9.6v 1600mah NIMH mini battery is sufficient to my needs. At the same time, I don't worry about wearing down my piston, gears, bushings/bearings as fast.

The only gun that I have had something go wrong with was a CA 249. I put through about 500,000 rounds through it. The only thing that I have broken in it were one tappet plate spring and one tappet plate. The tappet plate that broke on me I suspect was from a combination of being shot too much, leaving the gun "cocked", and storing it in the garage over the summer when temperatures would reach over 110 degrees fahrenheit.

-------------------------------

Mega-

hopefully the Magpul Masada ACR registry will work so we can see what issues the gun has. Unfortunately, a lot of people

"upgrade" the gun and do not keep them stock. Still, outer barrel issues can not really be upgraded.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Hmm I noticed a new problem. My charging handle piece just came off. I have no idea how this had happend. I had my gun stored for a few weeks and i took it out and it fell off!! I look ath the top of the gun rails and saw the hole where the pin would push the handle piece up but it doesnt. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Hmm I noticed a new problem. My charging handle piece just came off. I have no idea how this had happend. I had my gun stored for a few weeks and i took it out and it fell off!! I look ath the top of the gun rails and saw the hole where the pin would push the handle piece up but it doesnt. Anyone have any solutions to this?

Pictures? Not sure what you mean here :blink:

• Like 1

When you close the bolt, do you hit the bolt release and let the bolt "slam" forward?

Got mine Tuesday of this week from ASGI, serial # 01618 inFDE. First impressions were "wow this thing is sweet" then it started going downhillfrom there. I wish I found this thread first before buying mine. I'm not sure if I would have gotten one or at leastit would have prepared me instead of having high hopes for it. Some of myissues below are mute but for the price, I was expecting much more than what I got.

1. Flash hider. I knew it only came in plastic since I'm purchasing it from a US retailer but a clockwise thread? Luckily the flash hider I bought has both CW & CCW (adaptor).

2.MADE IN HONG KONG. Again, I believe because mine was from a US retailer, it came with a MADE IN HONG KONG engraved on to the upper receiver just below the FOR TRAINING AND SIMULATION USE ONLY on the right side below the ejection port.

3.Polymer Body/Seam lines. I don't know why this gets a 10/10 from post made on this thread. From experience on Magpul PTS accessoriesthe seam lines are pretty clean. This on the other hand have areas where you can clearly see where it was cut from the mold. Most notable ones are in the bottom of the front hand guard. You can see small, flat, un-textured, lightly colored squares. I was expecting it to be much cleaner. Black versions may not be as noticeable.

4.Barrel wobble. Mine OOTB seemed rigid. Maybe just a hint of wobble. After reading this thread, I figured I'd check it and removed the outer barrel. Upon reinstalling the barrel, I have to move the lever further than center (2 clickspast center) where it used to be centered before, to get it to cinch down.

5.Standard PMAGs. This must have been the biggest downer. My PMAGs will not fit no matter how I tried to slam it an as suggestedby another member (pages 30+ of this thread). I later found a fix for this and am including pictures & a description below to hopefully help others here.

I took measurements comparing my PMAGs and the MMAG that came with the gun. Luckily my calipers has a depth gauge as well. Essentially what makes the PMAGs not work is that the depth of the PMAG nozzle is 6mm the MMAG is 7mm and the nozzle inside the magazine well is over 8mm (I don't have the exact numbers as I used a cheap, $2 calipers). Using a folded up sandpaper, I sanded the nozzle in the magazine well down to 7mm. Now my PMAGs works and is tightly in place. It took a lot of time because I didn't want to sand too much where I will have possible feeding issues. It was sand, measure, test and do the process over again.

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0013.jpg

CIMG0010.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0014.jpg

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1

Good info, i found original PMAGs to have the same issue.

I agree with ya on the plastics, their decent quality, but nothing really more than that. they dont have a MAGPUL kinda quality and when switching between my M4 with PTS CTR, MOE, MIAD etc and this Masada, theres a real difference in the quality of the plastics.

• Like 1

I agree with ya on the plastics, their decent quality, but nothing really more than that. they dont have a MAGPUL kinda quality and when switching between my M4 with PTS CTR, MOE, MIAD etc and this Masada, theres a real difference in the quality of the plastics.

I'm really surprised at this.

We know that the internals aren't up to the quality of the Magpul brand, but now it emerges that the plastic which composes most of the rest of the gun isn't up to PTS standards either (and PTS is below the standard of Magpul RS anyway).

That's bizarre.

Beretta - how near is the plastic to Tavor quality, would you say?

I'll have to take photos of my MAGPUL PTS Masada ACR's plastic stuff and compare it to MAGPUL M4 stuff.

Plastic used on the PTS MMAG is very identical to that of the Real Steel Mag. Color is dead on. Just that the "ribs" on the mag are deeper on the PTS than the RS mag.

The plastic on the lower receiver is solid and is not cheap plastic like those found on the CA SCAR.

• Like 1

Could you post pics of " made in hong kong" being engraved on the guns upper receiver? Thanks!

Sn00p, here is the "MADE IN HONG KONG" picture.

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

I'm really surprised at this.

We know that the internals aren't up to the quality of the Magpul brand, but now it emerges that the plastic which composes most of the rest of the gun isn't up to PTS standards either (and PTS is below the standard of Magpul RS anyway).

Color and texture is pretty good. I took pictures side by side with my other Magpul PTS License M4. What I'm griping about essentially is that the way they engineered the mold for the pieces. These are injection molded. They should have designed the passage ways for the polymer to be either where the pieces meet or at the inside where it can not bee seen. Since they have to cut the pieces out from a "tree" it would be flat and they placed this outside where the parts are textured so it is obvious to the eye. Please see last two pics.

CIMG0018-1.jpg

CIMG0019-1.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0031-1.jpg

Edited by JBS
  • Like 1

I Lol'd at all the fanboys who had to have this must have aeg. To be honest it seems as if youy have all been taken for a ride. My A&K Masada with systema gearbox *suitcases* all over this ares abomination for around £100 less than rrp.

I know fanboys wil flame me and tell me to get off this thread, but I was one of the guys who was really keen to upgarde to the magpul masada after having the A&K, but I am so glad I saved the cash.

• Like 3

5.Standard PMAGs. This must have been the biggest downer. My PMAGs will not fit no matter how I tried to slam it an as suggestedby another member (pages 30+ of this thread). I later found a fix for this and am including pictures & a description below to hopefully help others here.

I have 5 old PMAGS that have been fine with my ACR. used them at a game with no feeding or loading issues at all...except them being a little tighter to fit.

I have a non-US version, meaning mine doesn't say made in Hong Kong on the side.

I wonder if there is a slight difference to the magwell between the versions.

• Like 1