Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Just came back from another game and gun still performs perfect. Kinda bummed that chrono reading seemed low with .25g bbs, but I still was able to take out targets at around 50 yards. I think it's time to put a stronger spring in.

Regarding the mold lines, I saw worse on real ACRs at Shot Show this year, and I handled a LOT of ACRs at the Show at various different booths. If you want to go by mold lines, the PTS version is nicer than the real deal. As for the new barrel sets, they WILL come with spacers as I've said before. Just not clear on if they will be pre-installed (but I don't believe they will be).

Regarding the mold lines, I saw worse on real ACRs at Shot Show this year, and I handled a LOT of ACRs at the Show at various different booths. If you want to go by mold lines, the PTS version is nicer than the real deal.

Well, that means the "mold problem" isn't really a problem :)

I just hope that PTS will solve the barrel and handguard wobbling problems and maybe improve the metal parts paint finish (the front sight wear point).

I got my FDE Masada yesterday, didn't have a chance to play with it as all my batteries are wired for Deans :P

I've changed the masada to deans though and I can't wait to give it a good work out next Sunday! I don't have any washers on my barrel but it seems to sit quite nicely with almost no wobble at all. There are a few mold lines, but nothing worse that I've seen on any of my other guns.

Only fired off about half a mag in the back garden at 10pm last night but it was a joy to shoot :D

The only thing I don't like about the gun is that it has made me put my beloved SCAR away for awhile :P

Edited by Apocalypsemeow

Well I finally got to field my weapon. The only upgrade I did was pop in a M120 spring, and was still only getting about 380fps with .25 ammo.

But first impressions getting to play with it.... AWESOME.

Range: extremely impressive. WIth the hop-up only 1/2 way engaged, I was getting great combat range with .25 ammo. Very easy to reach out and touch someone, and out-ranging some other people with similar guns.

ROF: using 9.6v, 2000mAh - fast. Very fast. I don't tend to be a spray player, but due to the high ROF I was able to put out some mean bursts. I can't wait until I get around to installing my MOSFET so I can program in 3-round bursts.

Power: Again, 380 FPS with .25 ammo. Which is fine as my field has a 400fps limit, and I'm still getting more than the range I was expecting.

I do plan on popping in a M135 spring, just to see how it performs. (After all, changing springs is an under-2 minute task with this gun).

Weight/Feel: I loved how this rifle felt in my hands playing. Very light, so less arm fatigue after a full day.

Someone told me the stock motor is indeed rated for up to 150-power springs. Not sure how true, so I'll do a comparison with my stock motor, and the G&G Torque motor.

After a full day of playing, I'm completely satisfied with this gun, even stock.

Can't wait to 'sup it up.

My only complaint, retaining pin fell out of the hand-guard pin. That's a simple fix (I still have the pin, so just need to bend it tighter.

Love this guN!

Power: Again, 380 FPS with .25 ammo. Which is fine as my field has a 400fps limit

380FPS with .25s are 1.68joules of energy, which translate to 425fps using 0.20 BBs

Field limits are usually figured using .20 BBs, so unless your field is different you are well over the limit.

380FPS with .25s are 1.68joules of energy, which translate to 425fps using 0.20 BBs

Field limits are usually figured using .20 BBs, so unless your field is different you are well over the limit.

My field chrono's with .25's and recommends .25 bio to all players.

But the rules are semi loose, unless you're gun is too hot in which case you're given a minimum engagement distance (especially for sniper/DMR rifles).

I've just read all 58 pages - it's been slow at work today.

Thanks to everyone who posted their reviews, comments and advice.

There have been several people intending to fit a mosfet to their Masada but has anyone actually done it yet? Just curious as I'm a mosfet newb and am considering taking the plunge with a Masada and pimping it to the max...

1st time around this thread.

Is there any news for Curved Rubber pad (Try to replace with A&K but FAIL :P )

Here is my ACR with ISMV (Replica) & Dytac flash Hider

th_IMG_9522.jpg

upgraded only 110 guarder , 9.6v Intellect 1400

- good trigger response

- good range but a bit poor accuracy(no upgrade plan for now save my money for AK Conversion+Magazine)

I've just read all 58 pages - it's been slow at work today.

Thanks to everyone who posted their reviews, comments and advice.

There have been several people intending to fit a mosfet to their Masada but has anyone actually done it yet? Just curious as I'm a mosfet newb and am considering taking the plunge with a Masada and pimping it to the max...

Stock, the rifle seems to have decent trigger response.

I'm popping in my MOSFET primarily for a 3-round burst option (but active breaking and enhanced trigger response will be a bonus).

I'm also installing one as this will be my completely 'pimped' out rifle.

Anakchan did put a fancy mosfet in there, was perfectly sized and worked well when I tried it. What do you want to know though? I'm sure Anakchan will pop by soon and explain fully.

Thanks Ycare. Just curious to find out if there were any issues with installation. Mainly because I've never installed a mosfet before and want to be fully prepared, but also because of the microswitch trigger which is unusual in and AEG.

My plan is to add a mosfet, lipo battery (11.1v would be preferred as that is what I already use with my PTW) and tightbore barrel. Everything has been covered in detail in this thread aside from the mosfet.

The microtrigger is basically like any trigger. The Scorpion HRC-X445 managed to fit in there, but the cable routing is somewhat tight for a computer FET with so many wires. Note that although I've got the Scorpion in there, I've basically got it to emulate the Pulse instead. The reason being is that I've decided not to bother with the hop sensor, cocking handle sensor, & bolt release sensor. The Scorpion sensors for those components are designed more for the M4/SCAR.

There's no issue in putting in a FET in there, the only thing would be :-

1) channel space routing for the wiring is tight

2) got to route the cables properly to ensure it doesn't interfere with the mag catch.

Other mods I've done is to put in a Planet AE1000 short motor, of which I also soldered the wires as opposed to using clips (just like the original ACR motor). I've also used RiotSC's 14:1 gears, and Firefly Kurage Hop.

There's no issue in putting in a FET in there, the only thing would be :-

1) channel space routing for the wiring is tight

2) got to route the cables properly to ensure it doesn't interfere with the mag catch.

Yeah, I was wondering about ease of the wire channel. Looks tight in that gun. I plan on putting in my Extreme-fire Cheetah, sometime next week. Just need to get some appropriate wires.

I was actually thinking of trying CAT6 network cable, as it's a single cable and I can break out pairs as needed (for battery, motor, switch).

If I use a voltmeter to check how well a cable works, what are my target voltages/watts/etc... (I guess I can test through the stock wire as comparison).

Edited by anonimouse9

http://www.ginganinga.com/MMAR/

Sorry if this has been asked already, but any ETA on the shorter barrel sets and the RIS? I would think that the shorter barrels would be out relatively soon.

I hope buy the end of Oct in Asia.

£70. Love the new Stock! Waiting on the RIS and 10'ich Barrel

Edited by elrey
posts merged

Yeah, I was wondering about ease of the wire channel. Looks tight in that gun. I plan on putting in my Extreme-fire Cheetah, sometime next week. Just need to get some appropriate wires.

I was actually thinking of trying CAT6 network cable, as it's a single cable and I can break out pairs as needed (for battery, motor, switch).

If I use a voltmeter to check how well a cable works, what are my target voltages/watts/etc... (I guess I can test through the stock wire as comparison).

Anonimouse9,you may wanna hop onto the tech or the AirsoftMechanics.com about your idea. My concern about CAT 6 cables is that it may not be suitable for the kind of currents we're using for airsoft. Especially for Lipos and it's capacity rating, etc. kind of motor & spring you're using, etc. you may need some reasonably good wires. Use of 16 AWG wires with Extreme-Fire's or AWS's is quite common. You should mail Terry to ask him (as I see his website sells #16/#20/#24's). BTW, you should also ask him when the SW-Lion is coming out. It may have better controls (such as switching off AB-FETs. Also Terry is working on the SW-Cheetah-N2.

I hope buy the end of Oct in Asia.

£70. Love the new Stock! Waiting on the RIS and 10'ich Barrel

Kithooton, I believe you have been advised before in the past. Please don't post consecutively (in your case 1-8 mins apart). You can edit your posts!! Members have enough problems already going through 59 pages!

• Like 1

Thread cleaned up.

When possible, use the edit button to add content to a post rather than making a new one; it keeps things tidy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Anonimouse9,you may wanna hop onto the tech or the AirsoftMechanics.com about your idea. My concern about CAT 6 cables is that it may not be suitable for the kind of currents we're using for airsoft. Especially for Lipos and it's capacity rating, etc. kind of motor & spring you're using, etc. you may need some reasonably good wires. Use of 16 AWG wires with Extreme-Fire's or AWS's is quite common. You should mail Terry to ask him (as I see his website sells #16/#20/#24's). BTW, you should also ask him when the SW-Lion is coming out. It may have better controls (such as switching off AB-FETs. Also Terry is working on the SW-Cheetah-N2.

Yeah, I ran the numbers on the CAT6 cable and found out that it would pretty much melt or catch on fire.

It's the amps. POE for wireless routers take higher voltages but low amperage. I'll just have to buy some #16 wire and some fancy work to channel it around the receiver cleanly.

I already have the Cheetah, which should be fine for me running 9.6v NiMH.

Tacitus introduced me to this of which is mean to be quite a thin 16 AWG. I guess thin due to thin-but-durable insulator, not the core. However as I'm in Japan, I've not tried ordering wires from UK. I think if you're sticking to 9.6V NiMH (1400mAh? 2000mAh?) you may be able to use 3x18 AWG in parallel or 4x20 AWG which should fit in the ACR wire channel in the lower receiver? I've yet to try it myself.

Edited by AnakChan

I'm not too sure those wires will be all that flexible, usually if the insulation is thinner AND tougher, it also means its stiffer, which can be a major PITA. Personally, I love the spools of this stuff I bought around 2-3 years back. 25feet has lasted me forever (I only use it for my own guns.close friends guns, and having rewired at least 7-8 guns at least in that time period, I still have a majority of the wire left). If I am not mistaken, its about as good as 16 AWG wiring gets, and not to ridiculously expensive for 25ft spools of red and black.

Edited by Vercingetorix