Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Thanks for that Scuffer! Nice to have visual proof Airsoft Armoury were talking nonsense.

Should be receiving my UK spec Masada tomorrow. :D I'll be keen to find out exactly how it's different from the other versions...

UK version box :P

Haha :waggle:

A bit off topic but it'd be cool if the serial numbers followed KWA where they put serial numbers following with the letters TW for Taiwan version and US for US version with their guns.

All the UK ones seem have serials that follow on, FDE are 03*** and black are 02*** from the ones I've seen.

But yeah....wonder what the differences are with the UK spec besides a softer spring...

The Masada failed our RoHS import tests on: external and internal paint/wiring/solder/some internal parts of the motor - so they are all the parts that have been made to different specs to pass and be allowed to be legitimately imported.

Blatblatblatblat :)

IMG_7403.jpg

Edited by Scuffer

Ok, thanks :)

A bit off-topic, but this is the first time I've heard of a UK-specific version of an airsoft gun. Do other guns pass RoHS tests and the Masada was just not good enough? Or do other companies also make UK specific versions but don't label them as such?

Ok, thanks :)

A bit off-topic, but this is the first time I've heard of a UK-specific version of an airsoft gun. Do other guns pass RoHS tests and the Masada was just not good enough? Or do other companies also make UK specific versions but don't label them as such?

Yer, ICS make RoHS compliant guns (it's badged on their boxes) so do KWA as far as I know. Lots of other AEGs are not RoHS compliant and have been siezed because of it, from what I've heard RoHS compliance issues are going to become more important as they are now working with some elements of the airsoft industry to improve the standards of imports etc.

I wonder if anyone may have an answer to my question but I plan on getting a real steel enhanced ACR and does anyone know if the rail hand guard or the folding stock will fit on my airsoft ACR?

I would assume so, but remember that Bushmaster's earth color and Magpul's FDE are not a match, which might upset you.

WHA?!

Lead based paint?! I better stop licking my masada. :lol:

Wellp, she's now sitting inside the box. I have another toy that I'm fielding right now :P Yes, I know...perfectly functioning Magpul PTS Masada sitting in the box when other people's are out of commission for parts and other issues :P

Blame Tokyo Marui for their Next Gen AEG series :)

Scuffer, any chance of some close up shots of the changes? Would like to compare it to my non UK spec one :)

I don't have any amazing one at the mo mate: here's an ok quality one showing the different finishes on the barrel.

IMG_7370.jpg

snapback.pngsacairsoftsn00py, on 14 October 2010 - 07:08 PM, said:

A bit off topic but it'd be cool if the serial numbers followed KWA where they put serial numbers following with the letters TW for Taiwan version and US for US version with their guns.

All the UK ones seem have serials that follow on, FDE are 03*** and black are 02*** from the ones I've seen

Just FYI, I got my ACR from ehobby today (really happy with it so far) and the serial no. is MPTS02588. It's black.

seeng how this thread is uber massive,some what on the confuesing side,i have questions

1:what are the internal problems?are they fixable?

2:any word for replacement parts?

3:compared to say...G&P And TM.without the problems.Would you recomend to begginer?

4:hows it going with or without problems for you guys?

1. Stripping pistons with 11.1v lipo's. Barrel problems on some units. Yes.

2. Yes for some parts, No on others.

3. Yes, without the problems.

4. Only problem with mine was bb's curving consistently to the right. It was fixable for me.

For more details, read through the thread ;) If you have any questions that has not been covered...feel free to post up :)

Sticky trigger, burst in semi, hand guard wobble, whiney gearbox, poor qc on assembly, no hopup function, magazine comparability problems etc etc, Thats a few of the other issues found in this thread. Ive fixed most of them myself, not the end of the world if you are technically minded, but a pain none the less, considering the high cost.

• Like 1

Wellp, she's now sitting inside the box. I have another toy that I'm fielding right now :P Yes, I know...perfectly functioning Magpul PTS Masada sitting in the box when other people's are out of commission for parts and other issues :P

Blame Tokyo Marui for their Next Gen AEG series :)

Kinda sad.i wanted this gun for years,but all i get for almost if not with upgrades and fixes 500 USD this.Oh well.G&P Has a new fan boy biggrin.gif

You may have missed Snoop's post. Looks like his Masada is staying in the box, down to the TM M4 SOCOM. Definitely worth checking out if you want great OOTB performance at Masada prices. Don't expect the externals to be up to G&P's M4 or Ares' (Magpul PTS) Masada standards though :)

Edited by Bishamon Tiger

I'm quite pleased with mine, no problems so far with about 1000 rounds through it :)

I'm a bit confused about Airsoft Oddysey's guide to the differences between the import and UK spec Masada.

Mine isn't the UK spec, but I have a "silver" cylinder unlike the import in the below picture. Is that just poor lighting in the photograph and the both have "silver" cylinders? or is there maybe a 3rd spec of Masada? My s/n is MPTS00074 which is quite low, so I'd imagine it was an import from one of the first batches, I got it from Land Warrior before they got the UK spec ones in and ether way I'm very happy with it so far :)

IMG_7366.jpg

It's just poor lighting in the picture, both have silver cylinders.

There is also a typo regarding the spring - they (HK box + UK box) had non-linear springs in, although the UK one was a longer and softer spring.

I've seen 40 of the UK guns chrono'd now and they were all between 304 and 320FPS with a 0.2g BB.

Yeap. My masada works perfectly well. I just get bored and look into other stuff....that's all.

October=ran agm m4 ris gbbr and tm meu

November= ran g&p woc m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert warrior

December= ran kjw m4 cqbr gbbr and tm desert eagle

January= ran marui m4 cqbr with systema metal body and stuffs and kwa g18c

February= ran kwa m4 cqb and kwa g17

March=ran we scar gbbr and ksc g18c

May= ran tanio koba/ kjw m4 gbbr and ksc g17

June= ran dual marui p90's

July= ran dual marui mp5k's

August= ran magpul pts masada and marui g18c gbb

September= ran a we pdw open bolt (we m14 gbbr was a plinker)

October=running a tm socom and marui g17

I get new stuffs every month...waiting for the new marui scar-l and the marui recce

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1